Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX nooB questions on importvg and exportvg Post 302107264 by outtacontrol on Thursday 15th of February 2007 05:16:23 PM
Old 02-15-2007
nooB questions on importvg and exportvg

I don't understand the concept behind importvg and exportvg. What are some examples of when one would use this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am a unix noob

Hello i am new to this forum. I signed up here really to ask one question. I recentaly got a old unix server from my work and i never really understood what unix is or what is does. Dont get me wrong i and very smart with computers as long as its windows, mac, or linux i can use them all but i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alt+f4
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Noob on Unix.

This may seem really easy to alot of you but i am a real noob on unix. I have been set the task to make a script which will answer a query. Basically I will have made files for people and i want to be able to search for a persons file and then select certain variables from the files. e.g... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobtheb
7 Replies

3. AIX

Unable to execute varyonvg during importvg

Hello, On Aix 5.3, during importvg, the varyonvg fails: importvg -y vgtest hdisk20 0516-013 varyonvg: The volume group cannot be varied on because there are no good copies of the descriptor area. When i use manually the command varyonvg -u -b -t vgtest to force, the vg can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
3 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Noob questions.. Append output to a file in different directory

Noob question! I know almost nothing so far, and I'm trying to teach myself from books, on a typical command line without using scripts how would I append output from a sort to a file in a completely different directory? example: If I'm sorting a file in my documents directory but I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Byrang
2 Replies

6. AIX

exportvg

Hi How to check if a vg is exported from an LPAR using exportvg? Is there a command or place where we can see the list of the vg's exported from the LPAR ? Because if i run the command to varyonvg i get the below error : root@cbspsrc02 #varyonvg old_rootvg 0516-082 varyonvg: Unable to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron-Noob

Hi guys! Consider the following PERL script, #!/usr/bin/perl my $userID = `whoami`; open(TMP, ">user.txt"); print TMP "$userID"; close(TMP); Run on the command line it works no problem. Run using crontab it doesn't work. Where do I go to check errors from crontab? I've read things... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaymoney
25 Replies

8. AIX

importvg question

Is there a way to find the volume group name after assigning hdisk to the machine for importing it ? importvg -y <find_the_name_from_the_unknown_disk_> hdiskX Code tags and no hijacking. You should be aware of that ;) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

9. AIX

Exportvg/importvg causes corrupt LV Control Block

Hi experts, Power7 p720 AIX 6.1 This is what happened: $ sudo importvg -y v7000_1vg hdisk6 0516-622 synclvodm: Warning, cannot write lv control block data. 0516-622 synclvodm: Warning, cannot write lv control block data. 0516-622 synclvodm: Warning, cannot write lv control block data.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: livehho
9 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Noob trying to improve

Hi everyone! This is my first post here, I hope that I will not already be violating any rule! I also would like to apologize in advance as my post will definitely be a noob post... please have patience and faith :rolleyes:! Now that I have set the ground rules :D:D, my objective is trying... (39 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ardzii
39 Replies