Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: No space on dev HD (1/42)
Operating Systems SCO No space on dev HD (1/42) Post 302107260 by tbgeek on Thursday 15th of February 2007 04:35:30 PM
Old 02-15-2007
generally, you can delete everything in the /tmp directory. Although some folks may keep stuff in there.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Ran out of space on /dev/root partition

hi, I have a SCO unix server which has a 36gb hard drive, but the IT company who supplied it assigned 1gb to /dev/root, 15mb to /dev/boot and 33gb to /dev/u. The /dev/root partition is now full, is there a way I can use the 33gb assigned to /dev/u without loosing any data, preferably... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Martyn
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NOTICE: HTFS: No space on dev hd (1/42)

If somebody solve this error please help me! Thanks in advance! :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: FCollet
7 Replies

3. SCO

No space on /dev/hd 1/42

No one is able to log in. What can I try? Help!:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ibqti
1 Replies

4. SCO

Xenix Problems - No space on dev 1/40

Hello - I'm a newbie to these forums. Please excuse me if I am posting in the wrong area. My dilemma. The HD on our ancient Xenix system apparently is full. I receive the "no space on dev 1/40" prompt. This occurred after I attempted to purge some unwanted files. This system runs our small... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gmbrickley
1 Replies

5. SCO

Insuficient space on /dev SCO 5.5

Unix SCO 5.5 Insuficient space on /dev - when I run df I get /dev 99% usage. I have a large number of users (most of them are not with the company since Cretacic) and I want to delete them to make more space. When I run rmuser I get rmuser: not found if I type su root rmuser rmuser: The... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tzveistein
6 Replies

6. AIX

How to increase space /dev/hd4?

A check disk space and find /dev/hd4 used 99%. How to increase space. Thank you for advice. /home/tecsys > df Filesystem 512-blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/hd4 1048576 20624 99% 5977 68% / /dev/hd2 6815744 653032 91% 59194 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yapcs88
4 Replies
SDIFF(1)							     GNU Tools								  SDIFF(1)

NAME
sdiff - find differences between two files and merge interactively SYNOPSIS
sdiff -o outfile [options] from-file to-file DESCRIPTION
The sdiff command merges two files and interactively outputs the results to outfile. If from-file is a directory and to-file is not, sdiff compares the file in from-file whose file name is that of to-file, and vice versa. from-file and to-file may not both be directories. sdiff options begin with -, so normally from-file and to-file may not begin with -. However, -- as an argument by itself treats the remaining arguments as file names even if they begin with -. You may not use - as an input file. sdiff without -o (or --output) produces a side-by-side difference. This usage is obsolete; use diff --side-by-side instead. Options Below is a summary of all of the options that GNU sdiff accepts. Each option has two equivalent names, one of which is a single letter preceded by -, and the other of which is a long name preceded by --. Multiple single letter options (unless they take an argument) can be combined into a single command line argument. Long named options can be abbreviated to any unique prefix of their name. -a Treat all files as text and compare them line-by-line, even if they do not appear to be text. -b Ignore changes in amount of white space. -B Ignore changes that just insert or delete blank lines. -d Change the algorithm to perhaps find a smaller set of changes. This makes sdiff slower (sometimes much slower). -H Use heuristics to speed handling of large files that have numerous scattered small changes. --expand-tabs Expand tabs to spaces in the output, to preserve the alignment of tabs in the input files. -i Ignore changes in case; consider upper- and lower-case to be the same. -I regexp Ignore changes that just insert or delete lines that match regexp. --ignore-all-space Ignore white space when comparing lines. --ignore-blank-lines Ignore changes that just insert or delete blank lines. --ignore-case Ignore changes in case; consider upper- and lower-case to be the same. --ignore-matching-lines=regexp Ignore changes that just insert or delete lines that match regexp. --ignore-space-change Ignore changes in amount of white space. -l --left-column Print only the left column of two common lines. --minimal Change the algorithm to perhaps find a smaller set of changes. This makes sdiff slower (sometimes much slower). -o file --output=file Put merged output into file. This option is required for merging. -s --suppress-common-lines Do not print common lines. --speed-large-files Use heuristics to speed handling of large files that have numerous scattered small changes. -t Expand tabs to spaces in the output, to preserve the alignment of tabs in the input files. --text Treat all files as text and compare them line-by-line, even if they do not appear to be text. -v --version Output the version number of sdiff. -w columns --width=columns Use an output width of columns. Note that for historical reasons, this option is -W in diff, -w in sdiff. -W Ignore horizontal white space when comparing lines. Note that for historical reasons, this option is -w in diff, -W in sdiff. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), comm(1), diff(1), diff3(1). DIAGNOSTICS
An exit status of 0 means no differences were found, 1 means some differences were found, and 2 means trouble. GNU Tools 22sep1993 SDIFF(1)