Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users list all files with full path of the file Post 302106964 by Sowser on Tuesday 13th of February 2007 01:43:09 PM
Old 02-13-2007
thanks

omg, i was close...i tried a few things like find / -name * and ls -lR /...

i knew it was something that simple....thanks for the help.

-S

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with full path

Hi all, How to save file full name to a file. I tried the following but don't know to include path name. $ ls -l | awk '{print $9}' > outputfile.dat $ cat outputfile.dat fifth.txt first.txt fourth.txt second.txt third.txt My wanted result is ie: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_bold
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

ls command to give full path to files

How can i perform a ls or other command to list the full paths of files from a ls? Looked through the man page for ls, no luck $ cd /tmp/ $ ls -l total 6 drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Nov 7 2008 keyring-7b5rMv drwx------ 2 bcr bcr 4096 Dec 7 2007 keyring-cGhir8 $ I'd be looking for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brendan76
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing files with full path

Hi, I need to store all the files in a directory to a text file with its full path. The example below can explain: ./File1.txt ./File2.txt ./Folder1/File11.txt ./Folder1/File12.txt ./Folder1/Folder11/File111.txt ./Folder2/file21.txt : : The ls -R1 command won't give the result as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_sethu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

list file with full path

This has been bugging me for a while. How can i list file to show full path. /directory/test $ ls file.tst file.tst $ desired output: /directory/test/file.tst (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryandegreat25
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract strings from full path when full path is not fixed

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all Subdirectories and files with its full path in a parent directory?

How to list all Subdirectories and files with its full path in a parent directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy down remote files and rename them to include the server name with full path

I need to pull down a good bit of files for another support team for an upgrade project. I have a server.list with all of the server names. I need to do two parts: FIRST: I have this example, but it does not list the server name in front of each line. #! /bin/bash for server in $(<... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnatlas
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace the path value in files, pattern is not full known.

Hi, I need to do find and replace, but the pattern is not full known. for example, my file has /proj/app-d1/sun or /data/site-d1/conf here app-d1 and site-d1 is not constant. It may be different in different files. common part is /proj/xx/sun and /data/xxx/conf i want to find where ever... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

30 days old files with full path

my requirement is 30 days old files along with size and pull path of the file (file should be listed in descending by size). output: 12345 /app/testing/file1 12341 /app/testing/file2 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh123
5 Replies
servertool(1)						      General Commands Manual						     servertool(1)

NAME
servertool - The Java(TM) IDL Server Tool servertool provides an ease-of-use interface for application programmers to register, unregister, startup and shutdown a server. SYNOPSIS
servertool -ORBInitialPort nameServerPort [ options ] The command-line tool displays with a servertool > prompt. Enter commands at the servertool > prompt. The -ORBInitialPort nameServerPort option is required. The value for nameServerPort must specify the port on which orbd is running and listening for incoming requests. You must become root to start a process on a port under 1024. For this reason, we recommend that you use a port number greater than or equal to 1024 for the nameServerPort. DESCRIPTION
The servertool provides the command-line interface for the application programmers to register, unregister, startup, and shutdown a server. Other commands are provided to obtain various statistical information about the server. OPTIONS
-ORBInitialHost nameServerHost Specifies the host machine on which the name server is running and listening for incoming requests. The nameServerHost defaults to localhost if this option is not specified. If orbd and servertool are running on different machines, you must specify the name or IP address of the host on which orbd is running. -Joption Pass option to the Java virtual machine, where option is one of the options described on the reference page for the java application launcher. For example, -J-Xms48m sets the startup memory to 48 megabytes. It is a common convention for -J to pass options to the underlying virtual machine. COMMANDS
register -server serverClassName -classpath classpathToServer [ -applicationName alternateServerName -args argsToServer -vmargs flagsTo- BePassedToJavaVM ] Register a new server with the Object Request Broker Daemon (ORBD). If the server is not already registered, it is registered and activated. This command causes an install method to be invoked in the main class of the server identified by the -server option. The install method must be public static void install(org.omg.CORBA.ORB). The install method is optional and enables the developer to provide their own server installation behavior (for example, creating database schema). unregister -serverid serverId | -applicationName name Unregister a server from the ORBD by using either its server id or its application name. This command causes an uninstall method to be invoked in the main class of the server identified by the -server option. The uninstall method must be public static void unin- stall(org.omg.CORBA.ORB). The uninstall method is optional and enables the developer to provide their own server uninstall behavior (for example, undoing the behavior of the install method). getserverid -applicationName applicationName Return the server id that corresponds with an application. list List all information about all persistent servers registered with the ORBD. listappnames List the application names for all server currently registered with the ORBD. listactive List all information about all persistent servers that have been launched by the ORBD and are currently running. locate -serverid serverId | -applicationName applicationName [ -endpointType endpointType ] Locate the endpoints (ports) of a specific type for all ORBs created by a registered server. If a server is not already running, it is activated. If an endpoint type is not specified, then the plain/non-protected endpoint associated with each ORB in a server is returned. locateperorb -serverid serverId | -applicationName applicationName [ -orbid ORB_name ] Locate all the endpoints (ports) registered by a specific ORB of registered server. If a server is not already running, then it is activated. If an orbid is not specified, the default value of "" is assigned to the orbid. If any ORBs are created with an orbid of empty string, all ports registered by it are returned. orblist -serverid serverId | -applicationName applicationName ] Lists the ORBId of the ORBs defined on a server. An ORBId is the string name for the ORB created by the server. If the server is not already running, it is activated. shutdown -serverid serverId | -applicationName applicationName ] Shutdown an active server that is registered with ORBD. During execution of this command, the shutdown() method defined in the the class specified by either the -serverid or -applicationName parameter is also invoked to shutdown the server process appropriately. startup -serverid serverId | -applicationName applicationName Startup or activate a server that is registered with ORBD. If the server is not running, this command launches the server. If the server is already running, an error message is returned to the user. help List all the commands available to the server through the server tool. quit Exit the server tool. SEE ALSO orbd 10 March 2001 servertool(1)