Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Deletion of Logs
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Deletion of Logs Post 302106930 by srirams on Tuesday 13th of February 2007 08:39:58 AM
Old 02-13-2007
Data Thnaks, I did search for that ...

datecalc is not there in our Production environment...

" Is it possible to see if there are files/dirs where there are difference of 2 months and delete the older once "

Thanks again

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Account Deletion...

Please delete my account? Thanks, so very much, really. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spaceshiporion
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding deletion of old files

Hi, I have a list of directories which contain old files that are to be deleted. I put the list of all directories in a txt file and it is being read by a script Iam searching for the files older than 60 days using mtime and then deleting it But all the files are getting deleted... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chidvilas
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: deletion of record

I have created a address book file. Insertion of Record (using >> symbol)and searching of record (using grep command) into the address book is also working correctly. Now I want to delete a record into a file. Any body can help me in this case without using sed and awk18 18. Thanks and best... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: murtaza
24 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

deletion ofsunburntYux

Could you please close SunburntYux as I would like to use the emaill address on this account to register FloridaBSD, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunBurntYux
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep yesterday logs from weblogic logs

Hi, I am trying to write a script which would go search and get the info from the logs based on yesterday timestamp and write yesterday logs in new file. The log file format is as follows: """"""""""""""""""""""""""... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harish.parker
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deletion of a particular character

How to delete a particular character in a file and then removing the spaces created by that removal.I am working with a text file containing nucleotide sequences. I have tried sed command but it replaces N with spaces. example:I want to delete all the N without creating a space after its ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitachaurasia
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deletion of records

Hi, I have file with footer (5records) at end of the file. I want to delete the footer as well as the empty records between the main records and footer record.(The gap between main records and Footer records is dynamic) Example: MainRecord1 "115494",","FAELD","CT","... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsairam
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

advanced deletion

How can i delete the contents of the directory except one file? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
8 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Post deletion

Admin: I've had posted twice my last post Can you please delete it from the SCO forum=? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: funyotros
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If I ran perl script again,old logs should move with today date and new logs should generate.

Appreciate help for the below issue. Im using below code.....I dont want to attach the logs when I ran the perl twice...I just want to take backup with today date and generate new logs...What I need to do for the below scirpt.............. 1)if logs exist it should move the logs with extention... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
1 Replies
XDG-USER-DIRS-UPD(1)						   User Commands					      XDG-USER-DIRS-UPD(1)

NAME
xdg-user-dirs-update - Update XDG user dir configuration SYNOPSIS
xdg-user-dirs-update [OPTION...] [--set NAME PATH...] DESCRIPTION
xdg-user-dirs-update updates the current state of the users user-dirs.dir. If none existed before then one is created based on the system default values, or falling back to the old non-translated filenames if such directories exists. The list of old directories used are: ~/Desktop, ~/Templates and ~/Public. If an old configuration exists it is updated with any new default directories. Additionally, any configured directories that point to non-existing locations are reset by pointing then to the users home directory. This typically happens when the users removed the directory, so they likely don't want to use it anymore. On the first run a user-dirs.locale file is created containing the locale that was used for the translation. This is used later by gui tools like xdg-user-dirs-gtk-update to detect if the locale was changed, letting you to migrate from the old names. xdg-user-dirs-update is normally run automatically at the start of a user session to update the XDG user dirs according to the users locale. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --help Print help output and exit. --force Update existing user-dirs.dir, but force a full reset. This means: Don't reset nonexisting directories to HOME, rather recreate the directory. Never use backwards compatible non-translated names. Always recreate user-dirs.locale. --dummy-output PATH Write the configuration to PATH instead of the default configuration file. Also, no directories are created. --set NAME PATH Sets the XDG user dir with the given name. NAME should be one of the following: DESKTOP DOWNLOAD TEMPLATES PUBLICSHARE DOCUMENTS MUSIC PICTURES VIDEOS PATH must be an absolute path, e.g. $HOME/Some/Directory. FILES
The XDG user dirs configuration is stored in the user-dirs.dir file in the location pointed to by the XDG_CONFIG_HOME environment variable. ENVIRONMENT
The XDG_CONFIG_HOME environment variable determines where the user-dirs.dirs file is located. SEE ALSO
xdg-user-dir(1), user-dirs.dirs(5), user-dirs.defaults(5), user-dirs.conf(5). XDG
XDG-USER-DIRS-UPD(1)