Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? How much snow do you have where you are? Post 302106696 by nescafe on Monday 12th of February 2007 04:11:43 AM
Old 02-12-2007
No snow here in South Africa. It's summer and averaging 30 celsius. in winter we have snow in the Lesotho mountains, but nothing in the cities.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

MacPorts on Snow Leopard

Hello everyone. I was previously using MacPorts 1.8 on Mac OS 10.5.8 without any problems and everything was working well. I recently upgraded to Xcode 3.2 and Mac OS 10.6, since then my MacPorts installation has not been working at all. I deleted it and then reinstalled the .dmg from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HoldenCaulfield
1 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Alpine 2 on Snow Leopard

I've just installed Alpine on Snow Leopard but can't seem to get a default spell checker configured for it. What happened to spell? I can't find it at all on 10.6, must have been some changes. Does anyone know about the default unix spell checker on SL? Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: platz
0 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Installing Oracle 10g on Snow Leopard using this tutorial

This tutorial. Which is a lovely tutorial, really, and was working up until this instruction: Now download db.zip installation archive and place it somewhere and unzip it: mkdir Install cd Install # download db.zip to this directory unzip db.zip cd db/Disk1 I didn't know how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khayraB
1 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Problem with mail attachment in Snow Leopard

Hi, We have few scripts that are run through jobs . It sends us daily reports (using mailx). This was working fine in Leopard. But in Snow Leopard there is problem with the attachments.Neither the attachment name is being displayed correctly(all it displays is "Mail Attachment") nor the format... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adash
1 Replies
ROAD(7) 						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						   ROAD(7)

NAME
road, gps - road map of the United States SYNOPSIS
games/road [ -g ] [ -s scale ] games/gps DESCRIPTION
Road displays a road map centered around some specified place in the United States. The data comes from the Census Bureau Tiger Database. The map is drawn in three shades of grey. Light grey is used for water features such as rivers, streams and lakes. Dark grey is used for railroads and airports. Black is used for roads. On terminals with ldepth zero, all shades appear black. Without options, the center of the map is the latitude and longitude specified in the file /lib/sky/here. If the -g option is given, the center of the map will be the latitude and longitude specified by continually monitoring the end of the file /tmp/gpslog. This file is written by the GPS satellite receiver program gps. With this option, and with gps running, road becomes a moving map display suitable for cars or planes. Keyboard commands s number sets the scale of the map to number. The number can be prefixed with + or - to increase/decrease the current scale. Scale 6 is about one mile across the screen and scale 10 is about ten miles across. Scales 1 through 10 are drawn with maximum detail showing all roads, trails, rivers, streams and airports. Scales 11 through 14 show highways, rivers, airports and county boundaries. Scales 15 through 20 show interstate highways and state boundaries. /regexp All features labeled by text matching the regular expression are highlighted. p place centers the map at the specified place. Usually the place must have the associated state code, (eg murrayhill,nj) but places like lax and ewr are also known. l latitude longitude centers the map at the specified coordinate. g toggles the -g option described above. q Exit. Mouse button commands Button 1 displays the text of the line nearest the cursor. Normally this is the name of a street or river. Button 2 displays the text of the place nearest the cursor. Normally this is a town. Button 3 centers the display on the cursor position. Gps reads /dev/eia0 assumed connected to a Garmin GPS-55 satellite receiver and writes the current location on the end of the file /tmp/gpslog. It is intended to be used with mobile PC's. FILES
/lib/roads/LLLL/LLLLGGGG.h scale 1-10 database files where LLLL is the latitude multiplied by 5 and GGGG is the longitude multiplied by 5. /lib/roads/LLL/LLLGGG.h scale 11-14 database files where LLL is the latitude multiplied by 1 and GGG is the longitude multiplied by 1. /lib/roads/LL/LLGG.h scale 15-20 database files where LL is the latitude multiplied by 0.2 and GG is the longitude multiplied by 0.2. /lib/roads/place /lib/roads/place.local are the translations between place names and locations. These files must be sorted. /lib/sky/here default starting map center. /tmp/gpslog moving map location. SOURCE
/sys/src/games/road /sys/src/games/gps ROAD(7)