Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: copying currentfile
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting copying currentfile Post 302106662 by ahmedwaseem2000 on Sunday 11th of February 2007 12:11:42 PM
Old 02-11-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by shary
Dear Experts

i am already in that director where i want the latest file.
so i am using this command but its not working properly can any body tell me whats wrong in this.
#ls -lrt|sed -n '$p' |awk '{print $9}' |read abc |cp abc /home/SHARY/

but after executing this command it will give the message
cp :cannot stat 'abc' :no such file or directory

please correct the syntax

Regards,
shary
You could as well try the absolute path this way
cp <source folder name>/$filename <target Dir Name>

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying

I am using AIX version 5.1 I would like to copy my log files to another directory and timestamp them or add the date to the file name so I can distinguish them apart and keep 4weeks of files in this directory. so I usally do this cp rptlog /dump/backup.log.files I would like the the file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker40
5 Replies

2. Programming

copying a file

hello, i have to copy a file from one directory to another directory in linux. how to do this using a c function? kindly ans to my query. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svh
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying a file to another

hi group... needed some help regarding this requirement actually we have a set of zip files in a server we have two types of zip files one as usual .zip extension and one with .zip_m extension... we need to copy the files from .zip_m extension to .zip extension with same file name ... it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_aqua14
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying file

is there anyway to copy a file which i don't have permission? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dakid
1 Replies

5. Programming

Copying!

Can anybody point out the difference between shallow copying, deep copying and bitwise copying in C++? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: areef4u
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Copying Files and

I am new user to solaris and installed solaris operating system on full Harddisk 120Gb. I am unable to copy music files to desktop and /home directory. One thing happened while registering is- i entered login-root and its password. The message prompted your system is crashed. Is it because of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patilmukundraj
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please, I need help with copying a file.

Hello. I don't know much about UNIX. Here is a problem I need to resolve. There is a file "file1.txt". It contains the line "End Of Copy" somewhere in the middle. I need to copy file1.txt to another file, "file2.txt" until this line. So, if the "file1.txt" is Line 1 Line 2 Line 3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eugene
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying with a certain extension

trying to copy all the files without extension then add "*.txt" but its not working is there any other way and i do not want to use cpio -vdump just want to use copy command FROM=/usr/share/doc TO=/aleza/doc #the follow function copies all the files without extensions call(){ cd $FROM... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elginmulizwa
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in copying the file once

hi all , i had a following problem in my script filename=oas/data/output.txt printf"content1" >> $filename printf"content2" >> $filename printf"content3" >> $filename printf"content4" >> $filename printf"content5" >> $filename printf"content6" >> $filename my contents are different... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
6 Replies
Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)

NAME
Alien::Package::Rpm - an object that represents a rpm package DESCRIPTION
This is an object class that represents a rpm package. It is derived from Alien::Package. FIELDS
prefixes Relocatable rpm packages have a prefixes field. METHODS
checkfile Detect rpm files by their extention. install Install a rpm. If RPMINSTALLOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. scan Implement the scan method to read a rpm file. unpack Implement the unpack method to unpack a rpm file. This is a little nasty because it has to handle relocatable rpms and has to do a bit of permissions fixing as well. prep Prepare for package building by generating the spec file. cleantree Delete the spec file. build Build a rpm. If RPMBUILDOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. An optional parameter, if passed, can be used to specify the program to use to build the rpm. It defaults to rpmbuild. version Set/get version. When retreiving the version, remove any dashes in it. postinst postrm preinst prerm Set/get script fields. When retrieving a value, we have to do some truely sick mangling. Since debian/slackware scripts can be anything -- perl programs or binary files -- and rpm is limited to only shell scripts, we need to encode the files and add a scrap of shell script to make it unextract and run on the fly. When setting a value, we do some mangling too. Rpm maintainer scripts are typically shell scripts, but often lack the leading shebang line. This can confuse dpkg, so add the shebang if it looks like there is no shebang magic already in place. Additionally, it's not uncommon for rpm maintainer scripts to contain bashisms, which can be triggered when they are ran on systems where /bin/sh is not bash. To work around this, the shebang line of the scripts is changed to use bash. Also, if the rpm is relocatable, the script could refer to RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX, which is set by rpm at run time. Deal with this by adding code to the script to set RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX. arch Set/get arch field. When the arch field is set, some sanitizing is done first to convert it to the debian format used internally. When it's retreived it's converted back to rpm form from the internal form. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> perl v5.14.2 2011-08-05 Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)