Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sorting/Filed Defining/Output problem Post 302106629 by TiredOrangeCat on Saturday 10th of February 2007 10:04:55 PM
Old 02-10-2007
Sorting/Filed Defining/Output problem

need a little help with a few tid bits. I wrote a script that checks the resoluion of image files and writes them out to a file then sorts the resolutions by largets Width. Then take the sorted files information and toss all the 835 widths into a seperate file. Ignore the redundancies its a nesscearry evil. What I cannot get it to do is print the Filename along with the resolution.

identify -verbose *.*|awk '/Geometry/{print($2)}'|awk -Fx '{print("*.* : "($1"x"$2))}'> /home/Main/resolution.txt
sort -n /home/Main/resolution.txt > /home/Main/sortres.txt
grep 835 /home/Main/sortres.txt > /home/Main/finalsort.txt

I used *.* to cover all of the images in the diectory, which is where I am running into problems. Since I used *.* I cannot seeme to print the file name along with the resolution. If there is a simpler way that my mind is not seeing or a different way to force identify to read all the images and spit out thier resolutions and name into a file let me know.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting problem "sort -k 16,29 sample.txt > output.txt"

Hi all, Iam trying to sort the contents of the file based on the position of the file. Example: $cat sample.txt 0101020060731 ## Header record 1c1 Berger Awc ANP20070201301 4000.50 1c2 Bose W G ANP20070201609 6000.70 1c2 Andy CK ANP20070201230 28000.00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting output

hi, I get an output like uid=user1 gecos=user uid=user2 gecos=admin gecos=sol admin uid=user3 uid=user4 gecos=sol, admin and need it modified to: uid=user1 gecos=user (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sorting cksum output.

Hi guys, I have a service directory with a lot of files in. I have to cksum the whole directory and compare it to a release note document. However the problem I have is the files are listed in different lines when running cksum as they are in the release doc. Therefore cksum shows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stin
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem defining remote printers on solaris 10

Good morning, I have a server with solaris 10 that I want to intall remote printers. I started lpsched deamon without problems with command: svcadm enable application/print/server I want to install printers that are defined locally on print server, so: lpadmin -p <device> -s <print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonovox
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

alias defining problem in .cshrc file

Hi folks, I'm trying to define the following command as alias in .cshrc file: ls -ltr | grep ^d | awk '{print $9}' | xargs du -hs I defined it as the following: alias nirdirs '`ls -ltr | grep "^d" | awk "{print \\$9}" | xargs du -hs`' I've got the following error when I've run the alias:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Needed with Sorting Output

Hi all, I'm using Solaris 10, and need help in sorting the below output from the syslog file in descending rather than ascending order. I would like both the hostname and message columns to be sorted, but right now only the message is sorted and the count column, whose order I would like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wthomas
2 Replies

7. Programming

Problem defining a struct

I have the following code and getting the compilation errors baseLib/DynBaseObj.h:80: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(' token baseLib/DynBaseObj.h:89: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(' token baseLib/DynBaseObj.h:101:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting output of echo

can someone please tell me who to sort the numerical output of echo? UIO="8180 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 48240 48240 48240 48240 48240 48240 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 48300 0 0 0 48300" echo $UIO | sort -n This doesn't workk. it does not sort the numbers from smallest to highest. any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Defining variable problem

Hi I'd say I'm having this weird problem where my script isn't taking the value off a variable or printing it. My code is like this: set count_C= `grep -c C mols` set count_H= `grep -c H mols` set count_O= `grep -c O mols` sed -i '7,7 s/$/ $count_C $count_O $count_H/g' input It... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleheen
8 Replies
JH_MANIFEST(1)							    Javahelper							    JH_MANIFEST(1)

NAME
jh_manifest - Adds or/and modifies manifests for jars SYNOPSIS
jh_manifest [debhelperoptions] [options] jar1 ... jarN jh_manifest [debhelperoptions] [options] DESCRIPTION
Javahelper tool to add or update manifests in a jar file. It can be used in two modes. If passed jar files, it will only process these jar files. Otherwise it will update all jar files in the packages it acts on. When processing a package, the debhelper(7) exclude option will make jh_manifest ignore matching jar files. FILES
debian/package.manifest (or debian/manifest) This file consist of a list of jar files and values to add to their manifests. Values in this file will take precedence over values in the original manifest (and command line arguments over values in this file). It is allowed to list a link in this file instead of an actual jar file, provided that the link can be resolved when jh_manifest processes it. If a jar file is listed here cannot be found, jh_manifest will print a warning, unless the jar file has been excluded. As of javahelper >= 0.32, you may add comments in this file. If the line starts with a "#" it is completely ignored. This file is ignored if jh_manifest is passed jar files via command line. OPTIONS
-c classpath, --classpath=classpath Sets the Class-Path attribute of all processed jar files to classpath. If not passed, then the CLASSPATH environment variable will be used in the given jar file do not have a Class-Path attribute. -m class, --main=class Sets the Main-Class attribute to class in all processed jar files. -o options, --javaopts=options Sets the Debian-Java-Parameters to options in all processed jar files. This attribute is used by jarwrapper to start java with extra options (e.g. to make more memory available). -j /path/to/java/home, --java-home=/path/to/java/home Sets the Debian-Java-Home attribute to /path/to/java/home in all processed jars. This attribute is used by jarwrapper to determine which JVM to use. EXAMPLES
An example debian/manifest file: # use the symlink so we do not have to update with the next upstream release. usr/share/java/my.jar: Class-Path: dep1.jar dep2.jar Main-Class: some.awesome.Class usr/share/java/dep2.jar: Class-Path: dep1.jar SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of javahelper and uses debhelper as backend. There are also tutorials in /usr/share/doc/javahelper. AUTHOR
Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2010 by Niels Thykier This tool is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of GNU GPL 2. 0.43 2012-03-12 JH_MANIFEST(1)