Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ip
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Ip Post 302106415 by Krrishv on Thursday 8th of February 2007 09:51:17 AM
Old 02-08-2007
Ip

Mates,

Is there a command to get the ipaddress only of my system. ie; like hostname where i get my hostname i need the output dispay only my ipaddress. I am using a linux server.

thanks

GEOIPLOOKUP6(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   GEOIPLOOKUP6(1)

NAME
geouplookup6 - look up country using IP Address or hostname SYNOPSIS
geouplookup6 [-d directory] [-f filename] [-v] <ipaddress|hostname> DESCRIPTION
geouplookup6 uses the GeoIP library and database to find the Country that an IP address or hostname originates from. You must install a database suitable for geoiplookup6. IE: GeoIPv6.dat For example: geouplookup6 2001:4860:0:1001::68 geoiplookup6 ipv6.google.com will find the Country that 2001:4860:0:1001::68 originates from, in the following format: US, United States OPTIONS
-f Specify a custom path to a single GeoIP datafile. -d Specify a custom directory containing GeoIP datafile(s). By default geouplookup6 looks in /usr/local/share/GeoIP -v Lists the date and build number for the GeoIP datafile(s). AUTHOR
Written by T.J. Mather REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <support@maxmind.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 MaxMind LLC This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
geoipupdate(1), nslookup(1). 4th Berkeley Distribution 28 Oct 2008 GEOIPLOOKUP6(1)