Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Suppressing output to the screen Post 302106385 by vino on Thursday 8th of February 2007 06:19:54 AM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to hide output to screen

I have a script that askes users to enter in an oracle account and password, The information is displayed on the screen as they type it. Does anyone know how I can hide this output? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boat73
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

screen output

I need to put the following in a script: echo $CCPDB will give me the db name on the screen. I need to use this name to tar cvfEh <newtarname> <dbname.exp>. I am not sure how to use the output that display on the screen in a script. I tried this echo $CCPDB > file didn't work Gundu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gundu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Turn off Screen Output

Is there a way to turn off standard output while processing is going on? I have tried redirecting to /dev/null but that is not working because some of the commands invoke a profile. I would like to temporarily turn off the screen output until the processing is complete. Sort of like a splash... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestbuyernc
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

no screen output

I'm a newbie. I'm having a problem at work with a script. What i'm trying to do is connect to a cisco switch from a sun station. After i run the script and telnet into the switch i don't get any output on the "xterm window" and all my commands from the script don't show up on the screen or on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisher115
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to force output to screen??

hi, is there anyway i can force a output of a command to the monitor. for example banner hello > /dev/console it will show a hello in the console, so how do i make it to appear on the monitor screen when the console is been minmize. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckng
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Screen output

Is it possible to split the screen and show, lets say a local directory listing on the left and a remote directory listing on the right with shell scripting? I know it's usually done with curses/ncurses, but I'd really like to keep it simple as possible. I guess 'dialog' command could do it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lochraven
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppressing the automatic output of "script"

Is there a way to suppress the output that script command displays - "Script command started..." (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppressing output of a spawned telnet process

Hi, I'm trying to spawn a telnet process and trying to do some actions in the remote host using expect script. I would like to know how to suppress all the output in order the user using the script should not be able to see any actions done on the remote host. I tried using the "log_user 0"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maffy
8 Replies

9. HP-UX

Suppressing errors from command output

Hi, When I run the command "print_manifest | grep "Main Memory", I get the note : # /opt/ignite/bin/print_manifest | grep "Main Memory" NOTE: Could not read the /etc/resolv.conf file. Main Memory: 196498 MB # How do I suppress the part : NOTE: Could not read the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Screen output to a file

Hi All, I am trying to out of shell script when i run it like sh /mypath/abc.sh ....a screen log should be generated whenever i input the values, when above the script prompt for values Regards Amarendra (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amar1208
3 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)