Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Turn off attention LED ( P275) Post 302106305 by dukessd on Wednesday 7th of February 2007 06:24:21 PM
Old 02-07-2007
Do you care why the light came on?
If you don't fix the problem the light will come on again.

If it was power related take the wall rc.powerfail message out of the root cron table, or the light will be back.

Try this:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...ion_lights.htm

If you can't be bothered to read that lot try here:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...hak/resled.htm
sys0 or sysplanar0 are the resources to run the repair action against, if you don't have a better idea of what turned the light on then go for all resources.

If that doesn't work, depending on your oslevel, you may have an option in diag / task selection that is something like "system attention indicators", in here you can turn all LEDs on and off, but not all levels / MLs / TLs have this option.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

memfs.fs I/O Error - urgent attention please

Hy guys, During installation of machine (Pentium x86, 64MB RAM), well during booting SCO UnixWARE 7.1.1 diskette 1/2 i get following error (after SCO logo) "memfs.fs: I/0 error or unexpected EOF" Bootstrap Command Processor ... _ Please advise! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: R@LE
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attention Shell Scripters

Hi mates, Hope this is very simple for those who r well versed wth scripting but I'm literally new to scripting so please guys help me out in writing these basic scripts.I'm using Bash and Vi editor. 1 ....How to write a script that takes a file as an argument. The script should be able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby36
1 Replies

3. AIX

Digital DVI output with p275 workstation

Dear Frnz We have a couple of p275 workstations with GXT6500P Graphics Adapter in our environment.When i connect a display cable from the dvi port in both workstation and monitor i am not getting any display. I am getting display when i put a DVI to vga converter on the workstation side... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

please pay your attention on this .......

HI All, I am working on Solaris 5.9 servers.Now i want a script which collect files with format like msgs_cheux301_10Jun2008 , login_cheux301_10Jun2008 and history_cheux301_10Jun2008.tar into seperate folders with a specific name. The script will collect files with one week old and it should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

5. AIX

Turn off System attention light on POWER5 model p5 55A ?

Hi, Because of previous error System attention light(yellow exclamation mark) is on. How do I turn it off ? thanks Vilius (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

6. AIX

Attention Led on HMC

We use HMC to manage two logical partitions. LPARs don't have any problem but HMC's, itself, attention led is on. :eek: I am not sure if that's going to affect LPARs, but just wanted to be sure.... :confused: Has anyone come across such problem on HMC? Where can you suggest to look for logs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalliege
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 5.3 on p275 - DVD-ROM drive not recognized

I was having problems with the DVD-ROM drive not being recognized. I thought it was a configuration issue, but it appears to be a hardware problem. Now the system hangs at boot. This last time I tried it, it said: At which point, it hangs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smithfarm
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 5.3 on p275 - how to login from ANSI terminal?

I did a fresh install of AIX 5.3 on my p275. I can now boot the system from the disk and login as root, but only from the directly attached graphics console (keyboard+LCD monitor). Over on the ASCII terminal, I see all messages up to and including "Completed NFS services" but the actual login:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smithfarm
3 Replies

9. Ubuntu

If process is running, turn the led on at the webpage

Hello, I have a linux based computer and apache is installed. What I want to do is to check running softwares' status when I am mobile. How may I see the status with a green led if related softwares are running and red when are off. Thanks in advance Boris (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies
LED(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    LED(4)

NAME
led -- API for manipulating LED's, lamps and other annunciators SYNOPSIS
#include <dev/led/led.h> typedef void led_t(void *priv, int onoff); struct cdev * led_create_state(led_t *func, void *priv, char const *name, int state); struct cdev * led_create(led_t *func, void *priv, char const *name); void led_destroy(struct cdev *); DESCRIPTION
The led driver provides generic support for handling LEDs, lamps and other annunciators. The hardware driver must supply a function to turn the annunciator on and off and the device name of the annunciator relative to /dev/led/. The priv argument is passed back to this on/off function and can be used however the hardware driver sees fit. The lamp can be controlled by opening and writing ASCII strings to the /dev/led/bla device. In the following, we will use this special notation to indicate the resulting output of the annunciator: * The annunciator is on for 1/10th second. _ The annunciator is off for 1/10th second. State can be set directly, and since the change happens immediately, it is possible to flash the annunciator with very short periods and syn- chronize it with program events. It should be noted that there is a non-trivial overhead, so this may not be usable for benchmarking or mea- suring short intervals. 0 Turn the annunciator off immediately. 1 Turn the annunciator on immediately. Flashing can be set with a given period. The pattern continues endlessly. f _* f1 _* f2 __** f3 ___*** ... f9 _________********* Three high-level commands are available: d%d Numbers. Each digit is blinked out at 1/10th second, zero as ten pulses. Between digits a one second pause and after the last digit a two second pause after which the sequence is repeated. s%s String. This gives full control over the annunciator. Letters 'A' ... 'J' turn the annunciator on for from 1/10th to one full second. Letters 'a' ... 'j' turn the annunciator off for 1/10th to one full second. Letters 'u' and 'U' turn the annunciator off and on respectively when the next UTC second starts. Unless terminated with a '.', the sequence is immediately repeated. m%s Morse. '.' becomes '_*' '-' becomes '_***' ' ' becomes '__' ' ' becomes '____' The sequence is repeated after a one second pause. FILES
/dev/led/* EXAMPLES
A 'd12' flashes the lamp *__________*_*______________________________ A 'sAaAbBa' flashes *_*__**_ /usr/games/morse -l "Soekris rocks" > /dev/led/error SEE ALSO
morse(6) HISTORY
The led driver first appeared in FreeBSD 5.2. AUTHORS
This software was written by Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.org>. This manual page was written by Sergey A. Osokin <osa@FreeBSD.org> and Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
April 24, 2007 BSD