Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ncftpspooler script...
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ncftpspooler script... Post 302106286 by livetele on Wednesday 7th of February 2007 04:40:01 PM
Old 02-07-2007
ncftpspooler script...

Hi,

i need help, iam noobs on shell script

i have a file in
/usr/home/billy/departure
/usr/home/billy/arrived

and i have more than 15 user's use different FTP

so i install ncftp and use a ncftpspooler i make 2 file ( billy_get and billy_put )

billy_get

Code:
# This is a NcFTP spool file entry.
job-name=p-20070201-134500
op=get
hostname=ftp.forbilly.org
xtype=I
passive=1
remote-dir=billy/INBOX
local-dir=/usr/home/billy/departure
remote-file=ST*.TXT
local-file=ST*.TXT

billy_put

Code:
# This is a NcFTP spool file entry.
job-name=p-20070201-135900
op=get
hostname=ftp.forbilly.org
xtype=I
passive=1
remote-dir=billy/OUTBOX
local-dir=/usr/home/billy/arrived
local-file=TAM*.TXT
remote-file=TAM*.TXT

i want check if there a file in
/usr/home/billy/departure
/usr/home/billy/arrived

and make a spool in ncftpsooler

if file exist in arrived this make a cp of billy_put in spooler
with another job name ( p-20070201-135900 ) +2minutes so p-20070201-140100, and change job-name aslo and start the ncftpspooler -d

for check if is started ncftpspooler -l
and copy a log of connection in another logs files and send by email..

and same idea for billy_get..

can u help me

Last edited by livetele; 02-07-2007 at 07:06 PM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
rhosts(5)							File Formats Manual							 rhosts(5)

Name
       rhosts - list of hosts that are logically equivalent to the local host

Syntax
       /$HOME/.rhosts

Description
       The  file  allows  a  user  who has an account on the local host to log in from a remote host without supplying a password.  It also allows
       remote copies to the local host.

If the file exists, it is located in a user's home directory.  It is not a mandatory file, however.

The format of a file entry is:
       hostname [username]
       The hostname is the name of the remote host from which the user wants to log into the local host.  The username is the user's login name on
       the remote host.  If you do not specify a user name, the user must have the same login name on both the remote and local hosts.

The  host  names  listed in the file may optionally contain the local BIND domain name.	For more information on BIND, see the Guide to the
       BIND/Hesiod Service.

If a user is logged in to and wants to log in to a host called without supplying a password, she must:

o    Have an account on

o    Create a file in her home directory on

o    Specify host1 ginger as an entry in the file.
	    If has the same login on both and she can simply specify host1 in her entry.  You can allow the superuser of a remote system to log in
	    to your system without password protection or perform a remote copy by having a file in the root ( / ) directory, but it is not recom-
	    mended.
	    In addition to having a file, the superuser needs a terminal entry in the file for each pseudoterminal configured in the system.   The
	    secure entry looks similar to the following:
	    ttyp3      none    network	       secure
	    See the reference page for more information.

Examples
       The  following is a sample file for the user It is located in her home directory on She also has accounts on the hosts called and Her login
       name on and is the same as on but her login on is

To enable to log in to from and without supplying a password, her on should contain the following entries:
       machine1
       system1	gordon
       host3

See Also
       hosts.equiv(5), ttys(5)
       Introduction to Networking and Distributed System Services

rhosts(5)