Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unreadable Unix File
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unreadable Unix File Post 302106277 by ryangfm on Wednesday 7th of February 2007 03:01:28 PM
Old 02-07-2007
The file was created in a proprietary fortran script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unreadable

Hi Guys, I have one query. Say I have one script named test.sh. My Question: There is any method by which I can make this script (test.sh) non-human readable( like Encrypt) format as well as it should be executable also(mean to say it (test.sh) should not change its behaviour). Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx saved messages are unreadable (base64)

I am trying to parse emails sent from a blackberry. I am using fetchmail to download email through IMAP from my exchange server and then forward to local Linux mail. (This part works fine.) When viewing and saving messages sent as plain text from Outlook, everything works fine. However, when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Squeakygoose
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

pstree unreadable characters

hi all, i executed this command "pstree" on redhat ent 4 and i got this below with unreadable chars: init─┬─acpid â”─amqzxma0─┬─amqrrmfa │ â”─amqzdmaa │ â”─amqzfuma │ â”─5* │ â”─amqzmgr0─┬─amqpcsea │ │ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unreadable

Hi, can someone explain what does this mean and why does this happen? i had this problem last week, and Unix admin said that he has to rebuild the file system. Now i am getting this error again. aaaa% ls . unreadable :mad: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: treneryy
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Does not exist or unreadable error in windows ftp script

I have a file like this 07200900.SUP,in a windows directory I need to FTP this file to UNIX , the directory in unix is N:\orgs\Financial Aid\MIIS\0910\FTP I am getting this error miis_ftp.ELM_SUP.shl: =cd orgs/"Financial Aid"/"MIIS"/"0910"/"FTP" : not found IN THE LOG FILE Activities for Mon... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

file does not exist or unreadable in an FTP script

I will appreciate any help with this... I have a file in this directory that looks like: this 07210900.SUP, I am getting the following error: Activities for Tue Jul 21 07:29:14 EDT 2009: File 07210900.SUP does not exist or unreadable End of activities The idea is to capture the file in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rechever
1 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Smartmontools and fixing Unreadable Disk Sectors

I found a document: Bad block HOWTO for smartmontools My hard drive is Maxtor: root]# fdisk -lu /dev/hda Disk /dev/hda: 81.9 GB, 81964302336 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 9964 cylinders, total 160086528 sectors Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes Disk identifier: 0x3f4e3f4d ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: justinian
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files unreadable in unix, help needed.

Hi, I developed a java application in Windows and transferred it to a HP-UX environment(using WinSCP) for deployment. I used "chmod 777 ..." for granting rights to the files. After I did this, whenever I go into that directory(or it's immediate parent directory) and hit "ls"......it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agnivaccent
4 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Fillable PDF becomes unreadable after edited with Okular

Can anyone explain why a editable pdf becomes unreadable after edited with okular? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

10. AIX

AIX unreadable sector Logical or Physical

Hello Folks, I have got this message: When I contacted support, they said this is logical filesystem error and it has to do with the filesystem. How can I find out ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies
F2PY(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   F2PY(1)

NAME
f2py - Fortran to Python interface generator SYNOPSIS
(1) To construct extension module sources: f2py [<options>] <fortran files> [[[only:]||[skip:]] <fortran functions> ] [: <fortran files> ...] (2) To compile fortran files and build extension modules: f2py -c [<options>, <config_fc options>, <extra options>] <fortran files> (3) To generate signature files: f2py -h <filename.pyf> ...< same options as in (1) > DESCRIPTION
This program generates a Python C/API file (<modulename>module.c) that contains wrappers for given Fortran or C functions so that they can be called from Python. With the -c option the corresponding extension modules are built. OPTIONS
-h <filename> Write signatures of the fortran routines to file <filename> and exit. You can then edit <filename> and use it instead of <fortran files>. If <filename>==stdout then the signatures are printed to stdout. <fortran functions> Names of fortran routines for which Python C/API functions will be generated. Default is all that are found in <fortran files>. skip: Ignore fortran functions that follow until `:'. only: Use only fortran functions that follow until `:'. : Get back to <fortran files> mode. -m <modulename> Name of the module; f2py generates a Python/C API file <modulename>module.c or extension module <modulename>. Default is 'unti- tled'. --[no-]lower Do [not] lower the cases in <fortran files>. By default, --lower is assumed with -h key, and --no-lower without -h key. --build-dir <dirname> All f2py generated files are created in <dirname>. Default is tempfile.mktemp(). --overwrite-signature Overwrite existing signature file. --[no-]latex-doc Create (or not) <modulename>module.tex. Default is --no-latex-doc. --short-latex Create 'incomplete' LaTeX document (without commands documentclass, ableofcontents, and egin{document}, end{document}). --[no-]rest-doc Create (or not) <modulename>module.rst. Default is --no-rest-doc. --debug-capi Create C/API code that reports the state of the wrappers during runtime. Useful for debugging. -include'<includefile>' Add CPP #include statement to the C/API code. <includefile> should be in the format of either `"filename.ext"' or `<filename.ext>'. As a result <includefile> will be included just before wrapper functions part in the C/API code. The option is depreciated, use `usercode` statement in signature files instead. --[no-]wrap-functions Create Fortran subroutine wrappers to Fortran 77 functions. --wrap-functions is default because it ensures maximum portability/com- piler independence. --help-link [..] List system resources found by system_info.py. [..] may contain a list of resources names. See also --link-<resource> switch below. --quiet Run quietly. --verbose Run with extra verbosity. -v Print f2py version ID and exit. --include_paths path1:path2:... Search include files (that f2py will scan) from the given directories. CONFIG_FC OPTIONS The following options are effective only when -c switch is used. --help-compiler List available Fortran compilers [DEPRECIATED]. --fcompiler=<name> Specify Fortran compiler type by vendor. --compiler=<name> Specify C compiler type (as defined by distutils) --fcompiler-exec=<path> Specify the path to F77 compiler [DEPRECIATED]. --f90compiler-exec=<path> Specify the path to F90 compiler [DEPRECIATED]. --help-fcompiler List available Fortran compilers and exit. --f77exec=<path> Specify the path to F77 compiler. --f90exec=<path> Specify the path to F90 compiler. --f77flags="..." Specify F77 compiler flags. --f90flags="..." Specify F90 compiler flags. --opt="..." Specify optimization flags. --arch="..." Specify architecture specific optimization flags. --noopt Compile without optimization. --noarch Compile without arch-dependent optimization. --debug Compile with debugging information. EXTRA OPTIONS
The following options are effective only when -c switch is used. --link-<resource> Link extension module with <resource> as defined by numpy_distutils/system_info.py. E.g. to link with optimized LAPACK libraries (vecLib on MacOSX, ATLAS elsewhere), use --link-lapack_opt. See also --help-link switch. -L/path/to/lib/ -l<libname> -D<define> -U<name> -I/path/to/include/ <filename>.o <filename>.so <filename>.a -DPREPEND_FORTRAN -DNO_APPEND_FORTRAN -DUPPERCASE_FORTRAN -DUNDERSCORE_G77 Macros that might be required with non-gcc Fortran compilers. -DF2PY_REPORT_ATEXIT To print out a performance report of F2PY interface when python exits. Available for Linux. -DF2PY_REPORT_ON_ARRAY_COPY=<int> To send a message to stderr whenever F2PY interface makes a copy of an array. Integer <int> sets the threshold for array sizes when a message should be shown. REQUIREMENTS
Python 1.5.2 or higher (2.x is supported). Numerical Python 13 or higher (20.x,21.x,22.x,23.x are supported). Optional Numarray 0.9 or higher partially supported. numpy_distutils from Scipy (can be downloaded from F2PY homepage) SEE ALSO
python(1) BUGS
For instructions on reporting bugs, see http://cens.ioc.ee/projects/f2py2e/FAQ.html AUTHOR
Pearu Peterson <pearu@cens.ioc.ee> INTERNET RESOURCES
Main website: http://cens.ioc.ee/projects/f2py2e/ User's Guide: http://cens.ioc.ee/projects/f2py2e/usersguide/ Mailing list: http://cens.ioc.ee/mailman/listinfo/f2py-users/ Scipy website: http://www.numpy.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Pearu Peterson LICENSE
NumPy License VERSION
2.45.241 F2PY(1)