Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Howto create a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Howto create a file Post 302106202 by amit4g on Wednesday 7th of February 2007 06:27:31 AM
Old 02-07-2007
Thanks to all of you,this almost satisfies my querry.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

howto change parameter in vi to take tmp file

i have a problem running vi. there is no space in /var where it creates tmp file. How can I change this parameter so that it takes from other directory. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaya
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto Attach File with Sendmail

Hi, How can I attach a file using sendmail? I tried /A option like this: $ /usr/bin/sendmail toaddress@gmail.com /A afile.txt but doesn't seem to work. - Monkfan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Howto create new service bundle

Hi, I have created a service referring the below link. https://www.unix.com/tips-tutorials/32987-creating-solaris10-service.html Now am able to import and enable the service. I have placed my xml file under /var/svc/manifest/site The service name is <service ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto process log file from where it left

Hi all I am doing some matching apache access log processing.Now i want a some way that i can start log search/process from where it left.Can any one give me ideads. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aliahsan81
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOWTO create in UNIX a Microsoft Excel-Sheet (with data from Oracle)

Hi HOWTO create in UNIX a Microsoft Excel sheet (with data from Oracle). At the moment I am making CSV files (using SQL statemens with || ';'), but search for more advanced formatting. Don't wish to use Perl. cheers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

6. AIX

howto extract a file from a bff file?

Hi howto extract a file from a bff file? Is it possible? thanks Israel. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iga3725
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

howto change format of file?

Hi I have a file with this inside: How can I change it to: thanks a lot regards Israel. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

HOWTO transfer Hosts in excel sheet to file in LINUX?

Hi guys! I have around 300 hostsname is excelsheet in one column. These hosts I want to add in one file in linux one after the another like hostname1,hostname2.hostname3, I don't want to waste enter it manually it very time consuming, so how to transfer these files from excelsheet to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto add a constant column to the text file

Hi, I am converting a .DBF file to pipe delimited file my requirement is like lets say my .DBF is residing in path /a/b/c/d/f/abc.DBF I need my .txt file as having a column with source _cd =f sample data in .DBF in folder "f" c1 c2 c3 1 2 3 in txt file it should be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel12345
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Howto remove extra space in the file

Hi Gurus, I have a file which contains some special char or space. when using cat -evt I can see the file as following: 0,"0000","abc/def aaa ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
6 Replies
Debian::Dependency(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Debian::Dependency(3pm)

NAME
Debian::Dependency - dependency relationship between Debian packages SYNOPSIS
# simple dependency my $d = Debian::Dependency->new( 'perl' ); # also parses a single argument my $d = Debian::Dependency->new('perl (>= 5.10)'); # dependency with a version my $d = Debian::Dependency->new( 'perl', '5.10' ); # dependency with version and relation my $d = Debian::Dependency->new( 'perl', '>=', '5.10' ); print $d->pkg; # 'perl' print $d->ver; # '5.10' # for people who like to type much my $d = Debian::Dependency->new( { pkg => 'perl', ver => '5.10' } ); # stringification print "$d" # 'perl (>= 5.10)' # 'adding' $deps = $dep1 + $dep2; $deps = $dep1 + 'foo (>= 1.23)' CLASS_METHODS new() Construnct a new instance. new( { pkg => 'package', rel => '>=', ver => '1.9' } ) If a hash reference is passed as an argument, its contents are used to initialize the object. new( [ { pkg => 'foo' }, 'bar (<= 3)' ] ); In an array reference is passed as an argument, its elements are used for constructing a dependency with alternatives. new('foo (= 42)') new('foo (= 42) | bar') If a single argument is given, the construction is passed to the "parse" constructor. new( 'foo', '1.4' ) Two arguments are interpreted as package name and version. The relation is assumed to be '>='. new( 'foo', '=', '42' ) Three arguments are interpreted as package name, relation and version. set Overrides the set method from Class::Accessor. Used to convert zero versions (for example 0 or 0.000) to void versions. parse() Takes a single string argument and parses it. Examples: perl perl (>= 5.8) libversion-perl (<< 3.4) FIELDS pkg Contains the name of the package that is depended upon rel Contains the relation of the dependency. May be any of '<<', '<=', '=', '>=' or '>>'. Default is '>='. ver Contains the version of the package the dependency is about. The value is an instance of Dpkg::Version class. If you set it to a scalar value, that is given to Dpkg::Version->new(). "rel" and "ver" are either both present or both missing. Examples print $dep->pkg; $dep->ver('3.4'); METHODS
satisfies($dep) Returns true if $dep states a dependency that is already covered by this instance. In other words, if this method returns true, any package satisfying the dependency of this instance will also satisfy $dep ($dep is redundant in dependency lists where this instance is already present). $dep can be either an instance of the Debian::Dependency class, or a plain string. my $dep = Debian::Dependency->new('foo (>= 2)'); print $dep->satisfies('foo') ? 'yes' : 'no'; # no print $dep->satisfies('bar') ? 'yes' : 'no'; # no print $dep->satisfies('foo (>= 2.1)') ? 'yes' : 'no'; # yes SEE ALSO
Debian::Dependencies AUTHOR
Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org> COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright (C) 2008,2009,2010 Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-15 Debian::Dependency(3pm)