Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Howto create a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Howto create a file Post 302106173 by Dhruva on Wednesday 7th of February 2007 02:33:45 AM
Old 02-07-2007
Both approaches are correct what really matter is your choice.
you can create file using ">" operator and later you can append on same file with ">>" operator.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

howto change parameter in vi to take tmp file

i have a problem running vi. there is no space in /var where it creates tmp file. How can I change this parameter so that it takes from other directory. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaya
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto Attach File with Sendmail

Hi, How can I attach a file using sendmail? I tried /A option like this: $ /usr/bin/sendmail toaddress@gmail.com /A afile.txt but doesn't seem to work. - Monkfan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Howto create new service bundle

Hi, I have created a service referring the below link. https://www.unix.com/tips-tutorials/32987-creating-solaris10-service.html Now am able to import and enable the service. I have placed my xml file under /var/svc/manifest/site The service name is <service ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto process log file from where it left

Hi all I am doing some matching apache access log processing.Now i want a some way that i can start log search/process from where it left.Can any one give me ideads. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aliahsan81
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOWTO create in UNIX a Microsoft Excel-Sheet (with data from Oracle)

Hi HOWTO create in UNIX a Microsoft Excel sheet (with data from Oracle). At the moment I am making CSV files (using SQL statemens with || ';'), but search for more advanced formatting. Don't wish to use Perl. cheers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

6. AIX

howto extract a file from a bff file?

Hi howto extract a file from a bff file? Is it possible? thanks Israel. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iga3725
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

howto change format of file?

Hi I have a file with this inside: How can I change it to: thanks a lot regards Israel. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

HOWTO transfer Hosts in excel sheet to file in LINUX?

Hi guys! I have around 300 hostsname is excelsheet in one column. These hosts I want to add in one file in linux one after the another like hostname1,hostname2.hostname3, I don't want to waste enter it manually it very time consuming, so how to transfer these files from excelsheet to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto add a constant column to the text file

Hi, I am converting a .DBF file to pipe delimited file my requirement is like lets say my .DBF is residing in path /a/b/c/d/f/abc.DBF I need my .txt file as having a column with source _cd =f sample data in .DBF in folder "f" c1 c2 c3 1 2 3 in txt file it should be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel12345
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Howto remove extra space in the file

Hi Gurus, I have a file which contains some special char or space. when using cat -evt I can see the file as following: 0,"0000","abc/def aaa ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
6 Replies
OPERATOR(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation ALTER OPERATOR(7) NAME
ALTER_OPERATOR - change the definition of an operator SYNOPSIS
ALTER OPERATOR name ( { left_type | NONE } , { right_type | NONE } ) OWNER TO new_owner ALTER OPERATOR name ( { left_type | NONE } , { right_type | NONE } ) SET SCHEMA new_schema DESCRIPTION
ALTER OPERATOR changes the definition of an operator. The only currently available functionality is to change the owner of the operator. You must own the operator to use ALTER OPERATOR. To alter the owner, you must also be a direct or indirect member of the new owning role, and that role must have CREATE privilege on the operator's schema. (These restrictions enforce that altering the owner doesn't do anything you couldn't do by dropping and recreating the operator. However, a superuser can alter ownership of any operator anyway.) PARAMETERS
name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of an existing operator. left_type The data type of the operator's left operand; write NONE if the operator has no left operand. right_type The data type of the operator's right operand; write NONE if the operator has no right operand. new_owner The new owner of the operator. new_schema The new schema for the operator. EXAMPLES
Change the owner of a custom operator a @@ b for type text: ALTER OPERATOR @@ (text, text) OWNER TO joe; COMPATIBILITY
There is no ALTER OPERATOR statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
CREATE OPERATOR (CREATE_OPERATOR(7)), DROP OPERATOR (DROP_OPERATOR(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 ALTER OPERATOR(7)