Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Padding with zeros.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Padding with zeros. Post 302106158 by vino on Wednesday 7th of February 2007 12:00:47 AM
Old 02-07-2007
Code:
#! /bin/ksh

typeset -RZ 6 code

while IFS=':' read first rest
do
    code=${first}
    echo "${code}: ${rest}"
done < input.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Padding

Hi Can anyone tell me how to pad zeroes on the left side to a numeric string in unix shell scripting Your answer is very much appreciated Thanks Vijay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaygopalsk
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Padding zeros after removing commas in file

Hi Gurus, There is a ASCII file in which a comma is used as a seperator for the amount field when the amount exceed seven digits: e.g. 0001300,000. Now, this comma needs to be removed from this field, after padding leading zeros (to maintain the ASCII positions) e.g. 00001300000.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pranag21
1 Replies

3. Programming

Byte Padding

Hi, Can someone explain what is byte padding? For ex: struct emp{ char s; int b; char s1; int b1; long b3; char s3; } What will be the size of this structure? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naan
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Padding in Unix

I have a file with different character counts on each line how do i make it with unique character counts. example: 1st line : ABCD 011 XYZ 0000 YYYY BBB TEADINGDA 2nd line: ABCD 011 xys 0010 YYYY BBB TEAD 3rd line : ABCD 022 YXU 000 UUU BBB TE 1st line is 43... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in padding leading zeros

Hi all, I have file with numeric values. I need to pad each value with leading zeros such that total lenght of each value is 16. Example: cat tmp.txt 502455 50255 5026 5027 5028 Output 0000000000502455 0000000000050255 0000000000005026 0000000000005027 0000000000005028 Any... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash typeset padding with zeros

Hi everybody, I have a question about typesetting. I originally wrote a script for use with ksh and now I am on a system that I cannot modify, and it only has bash. In the original script I just did typeset -RZ4 variable and it would add the leading zeros. In bash, it doesn't work. I've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwheeler
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zero padding dates

I have a file with records containing dates like: SMPBR|DUP-DO NOT USE|NEW YORK||16105|BA5270715|2007-6-6|MWERNER|109||||JOHN||SMITH|MD|72211118||||||74559|21 WILMINGTON RD||D|2003-11-6|SL# MD CONTACT-LIZ RICHARDS|||0|Y|N||1411458| How can I get the date fields in each of my records to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Padding leading zero

hi All i am new to linux... source txt .. 281-BUM-5M BUM-5M 0 0 282-BUM-5M BUM-5M 0 0 83-BUM-5M BUM-5M 0 0 is it possible to use bash script to convert to (remove the "-" and fill up to 4 digit" ? 0281 BUM-5M BUM-5M 0 0 0282 BUM-5M BUM-5M 0 0 0083 BUM-5M BUM-5M 0 0 thanks a ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samoptimus
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash padding

Hi all Is there a way to pad the output of a bash script see that code below for i in `sed -n '/Start Printer/,/End Printer/p' /u/ab/scripts/hosts.conf | awk '!/^#/ {print $2}' | egrep -v 'broke|primera' `; do pages=`snmpget -Ov -v1 -c public $i sysLocation.0 | awk '{print $2}'` ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Padding a csv value with 0's

I have this csv file that I would like to sort on the 20th and 21st field. They are high lighted below. My challenge is that when I sort on those fields they are not in order as I would have liked. It seems like I have to pad those fields to the longest value in that fields data. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: GroveTuckey
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)