Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris DiskSuite 4.2.1 Database creation question Post 302106120 by BOFH on Tuesday 6th of February 2007 04:27:15 PM
Old 02-06-2007
Try this:

http://www.blacksheepnetworks.com/se...disksuite.html

I haven't tried it but it looks sound. Normally I mirror disks and not concatinate them together. Good luck.

Carl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solstice Disksuite Question

According to the metadb man page: Now based on italicized part, if a mirror only has a single replica and never crashes, it should still function. Same with booting. I thought three replicas were necessary for the system to be able to come up but the comment about crashing tells me that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BOFH
2 Replies

2. Programming

Question on creation of Thread pool

dear sir/madam presently i am in a process of creating a multithread pool using clone() system call in unix with c programming. i am facing some problem ie., i am able create multithread pool and able to keep all the threads in wait state,but when i call kill (afunction revoke a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Radha
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about database in Unix

I want to write a command file in Unix that can access database. what unix command can access database. Actually, I installed software in SCO Unix, there is a database. but I want to access database without run this software in unix. How can I do? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wendyz
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in Shell scripting to modify the User Creation script in oracle database.

Hi, I have several users to create on my test Oracle database taking the scripts from the Production Oracle database. I have a separate text file where I have user-id and passwords maintained. I need help in writing a shell script to go thru the user creation scripts and replace VALUES... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rparavastu
1 Replies

5. SCO

Old SCO point of sale system database question

As a free lance computer consultant, I am working for a local store. They have an ancient point of sale (POS) system that has a server and several register machines, all running on a SCO unix. The system is at least 10 years old, maybe 15. The the POS vendor discontinued the product... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgt10
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Oracle Database 10g installation question

I wanted to ask how do i assign the control files and archive log to be stored in different volume? I didn't come through any selection for that during the GUI installation. :) Thanks in advance for any reply. p/s: I will appreciate it also if anyone can provide me a link for me to go... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
1 Replies

7. Solaris

disksuite mirroring d0 to d2 and d1 to d3

I have a SOlaris 10 v240 server. I'm installing disksuite to mirror the root drive D0 to D2. I also have one partition on disk 1 that I want to mirror to D3. I am not using ZFS right now. Can I add that to my initial mirroring configuration or can I only mirror 1 drive to 1 drive? Can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Disksuite question

Hello all, I have a Solaris Disksuite question :- I will be adding 4 new drives to an E250 server and need will be configuring 2 striped volumes each consisting 2 new disks with SVM. In the end i will have 2 volumes each of 72gb. So in effect i will have 1 volume called D7 and another volume... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: commandline
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Volume Manger - Database Replicas Question - Benefits of Increasing Default Size?

Hey all! I was hoping someone knew anything about this one... I know with Solaris Volume Manager the default Database Replica size is 8192 blocks (4MB approximately) Now I know you can increase this amount but is there any point? The reason I am asking this is that I've setup mirroring on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about lvm file creation

Hi, I have below code for disk creation disk_list=$(ls /dev/sd) for disk in $disk_list do pvcreate $i done So what my understanding is first it is checking the disk under /dev sdb,sdc,sdd,...sdz whether 25 disk are existing if not then its creating the 25 physical volume. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
4 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)