Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Detecting Second disk
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Detecting Second disk Post 302106035 by zazzybob on Tuesday 6th of February 2007 06:11:55 AM
Old 02-06-2007
Code:
touch /.reconfigure

should be
Code:
touch /reconfigure

Anyhoo, you should be able to get away with
Code:
devfsadm

without taking the system down.
Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

detecting drives

I know that Unix is different from windows in that it needs more manual configuring but how do I get Solaris 8 (Intel version) to recognize my floppy drive and cd-rom?? I mean does it automatically detect the drives at startup and I have to mount them or do I have to create the drives somehow and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Detecting NIC in Solaris10

I have an E420 server that has a TPE Slot / NIC installed. However there is no interface file installed eg /etc/hostname.hme0 or equivalent. I have placed a private ip entry int the hosts file to accompany the loop back entry i.e. 127.0.0.1 localhost 172.16.0.10 loghost se420 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Detecting NIC in Solaris10

I have an E420 server that has a TPE Slot / NIC installed. However there is no interface file installed eg /etc/hostname.hme0 or equivalent. I have placed a private ip entry int the hosts file to accompany the loop back entry i.e. 127.0.0.1 localhost 172.16.0.10 loghost se420 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

4. Gentoo

Not detecting CD ROm drive

Hello All, I am pretty new to Linux, When trying to install TurboLinux 6.0 through a boot floppy, After a while it says to insert the CD and later it is not recognizing the CDROM, SO do we need to mount the CD-ROM before installation ?? Thanks in Advance :) S (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
13 Replies

5. Programming

Detecting a key combination

Could anybody tell me how I can detect a particular key combination and perform a particular task on that event. e.g. if I press Ctrl + L on the shell then it clears the screen. Please tell me how it can be performed on my shell. And how the Arrow Keys can be detected. I tried but pressing a key... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
11 Replies

6. Programming

Detecting interruptions in C

Hi. You may know how to detect when a interruption succeeded programming in C. Just like receiving a signal without blocking. Knowing when it was a keystroke (IRQ 2), or a mouse movement (12), or a disk access, etc. and getting actually for example the letter typed. Thanks a lot. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashrentum
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detecting hard or soft disk errors in Solaris

I am looking for some tips or suggestions in how to do the following. 1) From a Solaris server, I run the command iostat -En and receive output that is similiar to the following which shows your disks along with the cdrom/dvdrom: c0t2d0 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunsysadm2003
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

detecting the running services

I did search on the subject on services in linux and they do explain how to find what are the services that loaded when the linux boot. however I have not find how to detect what services run right now. I would like to now that and how to kill services. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in detecting errors

Hi All , I need a script to find errors in a particular and in a particular path Actually in my logs i`ve so many kinds of errors(i can even say as 100 types also).if i run the script i need to know the error (some errors can aviod ) so finally the script o/p should be a numeric... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: radha254
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Detecting unused variables...

Hi guys... The first active code line in AudioScope.sh is set -u . This causes a complete exit if a variable is used/found but has not been allocated at the start of the program. However, apart from writing code to do the task, is there a switch to to check which variables have been... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
17 Replies
DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)						      Debconf						      DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)

NAME
dpkg-preconfigure - let packages ask questions prior to their installation SYNOPSIS
dpkg-preconfigure [options] package.deb dpkg-preconfigure --apt DESCRIPTION
dpkg-preconfigure lets packages ask questions before they are installed. It operates on a set of debian packages, and all packages that use debconf will have their config script run so they can examine the system and ask questions. OPTIONS
-ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. -pvalue, --priority=value Set the lowest priority of questions you are interested in. Any questions with a priority below the selected priority will be ignored and their default answers will be used. --terse Enables terse output mode. This affects only some frontends. --apt Run in apt mode. It will expect to read a set of package filenames from stdin, rather than getting them as parameters. Typically this is used to make apt run dpkg-preconfigure on all packages before they are installed. To do this, add something like this to /etc/apt/apt.conf: // Pre-configure all packages before // they are installed. DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs { "dpkg-preconfigure --apt --priority=low"; }; -h, --help Display usage help. SEE ALSO
debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2012-09-10 DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)