Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX (URGENT) Mounting JFS2 FileSystem on AIX 4.3 Post 302106005 by aldowsary on Tuesday 6th of February 2007 02:45:11 AM
Old 02-06-2007
Thank funksen,

I try to create filesystem with NBPI=131072, but when I invoke df -k I get the as below:
/dev/lv02 1073741820 1072617084 1% 17 1% /migdata

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

jfs (jfs2) for AIX versus Veritas

Hi there, Can anyone tell me the advantages that jfs has over Veritas (if any)?? Cheers. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich
5 Replies

2. Solaris

filesystem mounting

Hi all, I have a question regarding filesystem mounting. I have one Sun box(V240) and a NAS on a network. Sun machine shows the following output of df -k command. # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 11094316 8509226 2474147 78% ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantchavan
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 5.2 using jfs2 file system

We are using AIX 5.2 using jfs2 almost all excpt one mount. Is it possible for a non root user id to mount one file system without journaling turned on, perform some activities and then remount (un-mount and mount) the same file system again. Please advise if this is possible Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
2 Replies

4. AIX

jfs2 - cannot shrink filesystem

Hi, is anyone aware about filesystem size restrictions on AIX? And does anyone know a solution for below problem? I have 2 boxes attached to EMC Raid5 storage, both have huge /optware/oracle/oradata filesystems - 4.5 and 2.5 TB in size, nothing is striped or in any other way restricted. Due to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
11 Replies

5. Solaris

Need help on filesystem mounting

Hi techies, I am pretty new to Solaris. So the qstn might be a silly one. I had a local disk with Solaris installed. I have done ufsdump to a SAN disk and after that s3 and s7 slices are giving the following error : "UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY." I had the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojsomanath
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mounting filesystem

Could anyone help me please as I am stuck up. I want to mount /home/dun/maitree location of server A in server B to location /home/dun/tibco .Both server A and server B are Linux machine .The problem is that /home/dun/tibco of server B has some files and directory in it so after doing this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maitree
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX JFS2 content

Hello! I have a LPAR with 51GB RAM topas shows 21% of memory for client pages (~11Gb) svmon -G show 2906772 client pages in use (~11Gb) but then i try to investigate per process client memory usage svmon -P -O filtertype=client and summarize inuse column, i get only 347880 pages... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sys
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting NFS filesystem

Hi All, I need to mount an nfs filesystem as below. xxx.xx.xx.xxx:/media/nss/Rocky Catherine/logs For the above as there is space in between the name, hoping it will not mount, if i give it with double quotes as below will it work? mount "xxx.xx.xx.xxx:/media/nss/Rocky... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockyc3400
2 Replies

9. AIX

Creating AIX LV VG and JFS2 issues?

Can someone please help me understand what it is I am doing incorrectly? I have 22 PVs (disks) assigned to a VG, the stats on the disks: # lspv hdisk1 PHYSICAL VOLUME: hdisk1 VOLUME GROUP: vg_usr1 PV IDENTIFIER: 0000150179158027 VG IDENTIFIER ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies

10. AIX

Has anyone created JFS2 file system on a USB drive attached to AIX server?

We have an IBM Power 710. It has a USB port on the front. I have done some searching and see that there is information out there on how to create a JFS2 file system on USB drives. A few have commented that they would not recommend it, if the server is important, may crash the server... Just... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbenedi
0 Replies
DEBUGREISERFS(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  DEBUGREISERFS(8)

NAME
debugreiserfs - The debugging tool for the ReiserFS filesystem. SYNOPSIS
debugreiserfs [ -dDJmoqpuSV ] [ -j device ] [ -B file ] [ -1 N ] device DESCRIPTION
debugreiserfs sometimes helps to solve problems with reiserfs filesystems. When run without options it prints the super block of the Reis- erFS filesystem found on the device. device is the special file corresponding to the device (e.g /dev/hdXX for an IDE disk partition or /dev/sdXX for a SCSI disk partition). OPTIONS
-j device prints the contents of the journal. The option -p allows it to pack the journal with other metadata into the archive. -J prints the journal header. -d prints the formatted nodes of the internal tree of the filesystem. -D prints the formatted nodes of all used blocks of the filesystem. -m prints the contents of the bitmap (slightly useful). -o prints the objectid map (slightly useful). -B file takes the list of bad blocks stored in the internal ReiserFS tree and translates it into an ascii list written to the specified file. -1 blocknumber prints the specified block of the filesystem. -p extracts the filesystem's metadata with debugreiserfs -p /dev/xxx | gzip -c > xxx.gz. None of your data are packed unless a filesys- tem corruption presents when the whole block having this corruption is packed. You send us the output, and we use it to create a filesystem with the same strucure as yours using debugreiserfs -u. When the data file is not too large, this usually allows us to quickly reproduce and debug the problem. -u builds the ReiserFS filesystem image with gunzip -c xxx.gz | debugreiserfs -u /dev/image of the previously packed metadata with debugreiserfs -p. The result image is not the same as the original filesystem, because mostly only metadata were packed with debu- greiserfs -p, but the filesystem structure is completely recreated. -S When -S is not specified -p deals with blocks marked used in the filesystem bitmap only. With this option set debugreiserfs will work with the entire device. -q When -p is in use, suppress showing the speed of progress. AUTHOR
This version of debugreiserfs has been written by Vitaly Fertman <vitaly@namesys.com>. BUGS
Please report bugs to the ReiserFS developers <reiserfs-dev@namesys.com>, providing as much information as possible--your hardware, kernel, patches, settings, all printed messages; check the syslog file for any related information. SEE ALSO
reiserfsck(8), mkreiserfs(8) Reiserfsprogs 3.6.21 January 2009 DEBUGREISERFS(8)