Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AWK greater than 200
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK greater than 200 Post 302105931 by insania on Monday 5th of February 2007 02:03:14 PM
Old 02-05-2007
Bug

that worked perfectly thank you

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[awk]: Row begins by random number and field 10 is greater than 10.00%

Hello! I wish to extract the pid where CPU is above 10% last pid: 22621; load averages: 4.71, 5.04, 5.13 15:08:34 221 processes: 212 sleeping, 2 running, 1 stopped, 6 on cpu CPU states: %... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lomic
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK greater than?

Sorry for such a basic question, but I have spent hours trying to work this out! I need an awk command (or similar) that will look at a text file and output to the screen if the 4th column of each line has a value greater than or equal to x. data.txt This is the 1 line This is the 2 line This... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Grep or awk a logfile for greater than value

Hello all Hoping someone would be kind enough to suggest a solution to a problem i have, and see if maybe i can even do this without a script. Essentially i have a very large log file, and within it each line had a value called TTMT, and it records a variable number in the following way, so... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1905
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Greping the column with a value greater than 50 with awk

Hi All, I am running a command from a remote server using ssh to different servers. I will get a output like below with 4 columns. I want to grab line which is having a coulmn which grate than or equal to 50. How can I do it with Awk or sed ??. I add a space to first row with sed 's/::/:: /g' to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghin
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: Cannot read Number of records greater than 1(NR>1)

Hi all, I have a tab-delimited text file of size 10Mb. I am trying to count the number of lines using, grep -c . sample.txtor wc -l < sample.txt or awk 'END {print NR}' sample.txtAll these commands shows the count as 1, which means they are reading only the first header line of the file.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to get values greater than

data.txt August 09 17:16 2013 August 09 17:17 2013 August 09 17:19 2013 August 09 17:20 2013 August 09 17:21 2013 August 09 17:22 2013 August 09 17:23 2013 August 09 17:24 2013 to print from a point in this file, to the end of the file, i type: awk '/August 09 17:22/,0' data.txt. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate percentage of columns greater than certain value in a matrix using awk

This matrix represents correlation values. Is it possible to calculate the percentage of columns (a1, a2, a3) that have a value >= |0.5| and report the percentage that has positive correlation >0.5 and negative correlation <-0.5 separately. thanx in advance! input name a1 a2 a3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xargs, awk, match, if greater - as a one-liner

Hi I have multiple files for which I want to use awk for the following: Read each line in each file- if any of the columns match "PVALUE=" followed by the number, then print the line in case the number following "PVALUE=" is greater than 0.05. I did the following: ls *.txt | xargs -I @ -P15... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ts89490
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Awk: greater than sign is working upside down

Hi, I noticed a weird behaviour with awk. input: A|B|1-100|blabla_35_40_blabla;blabla_53_60_blabla;blabla_90_110_blabla Objective: For each string separated by ';' in $4, if the first and second numbers are included in the interval in $3, then print "TRUE". Otherwise print "FALSE". In... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
3 Replies
pnmdepth(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  pnmdepth(1)

NAME
pnmdepth - change the maxval in a portable anymap SYNOPSIS
pnmdepth newmaxval [pnmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable anymap as input. Scales all the pixel values, and writes out the image with the new maxval. Scaling the colors down to a smaller maxval will result in some loss of information. Be careful of off-by-one errors when choosing the new maxval. For instance, if you want the color values to be five bits wide, use a max- val of 31, not 32. One important use of pnmdepth is to convert a new format 2-byte-per-sample PNM file to the older 1-byte-per-sample format. Before April 2000, essentially all raw (binary) format PNM files had a maxval less than 256 and one byte per sample, and many programs may rely on that. If you specify a newmaxval less than 256, the resulting file should be readable by any program that worked with PNM files before April 2000. SEE ALSO
pnm(5), ppmquant(1), ppmdither(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. 08 April 2000 pnmdepth(1)