Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Missing functions HELP!
Top Forums Programming Missing functions HELP! Post 302105894 by sha1024 on Monday 5th of February 2007 10:52:07 AM
Old 02-05-2007
Missing functions HELP!

Hi all,

I am trying to compile an old code that was written on SGI machine; the code has 3 extern function which I assume should be part of external Lib. The functions names are:figauss,fifconv and fifwrite . I will appreciate any help

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding functions

Hi, I have a function or script like this. show() { echo "Hi" } | tee -a log show This creates a logfile and prints Hi in it. Now when I try to do the same for sql like this: show() { sqlplus -s scott/tiger<<! select * from details; ! } | tee -a log show Then it gives me a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

functions in

hi could anybody please suggest me how to put a function memory for particular user. say i am a user rao. want have a function foo in memory . i have done this .typed the function function in the shell it worked for the session.but next time i do login its not there . i can i have a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

functions

I have korn shells where I want to create a function passing $1 to a function , determine my $STAT_ENV value, set the paths and return the paths for STATSH,STATPRM,STATSQR,STATSQL,STATCTL TO BE USED IN THE UNIX SCRIPT THE CALLED THE fucnction in the first place. Can someone tell me the best... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimHortons
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with functions

Hi, I am exploring with defining functions in my BASH shell scripts. However, I am bit confused about how to pass parameters to my functions. I was under the impression that you must do something like the following: Define a function called "sample_function": function sample_function {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

i think i need functions ?

Hi, im making a little script but need some help Code i have so far is read -p 'Bot Nickname:' ecnick read -p 'Bot Username:' ecusername read -p 'Bot Realname:' ecrealname read -p 'Your Email:' ecemail echo '' echo Your bots nickname is set to $ecnick echo Your bots username is set to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gemster
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

== vs -eq and functions

Hey I have a question.... what is the difference between using == vs -eq when testing in WHILE loops. I use the following test that only worked with == signs.... if why do i need == and not -eq? 2. I need to re-use some code in a couple places in this script. is functions my best... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danieldcc
5 Replies

7. Programming

Functions

Hi All, Can any one help me. I am calling in a function2 with string as parameter from function1, the function1 gives 3 values. how i get the 3 values from funciton2 to function1. i have to give a return or something. thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday.sena.m
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute functions or initiate functions as command line parameters for below requirement?

I have 7 functions those need to be executed as command line inputs, I tried with below code it’s not executing function. If I run the ./script 2 then fun2 should execute , how to initiate that function I tried case and if else also, how to initiate function from command line if then... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
8 Replies

9. SuSE

How to resolve missing missing dependencies with opensuse 11.3 and 12.3?

Hello, This is a programming question as well as a suse question, so let me know if you think I should post this in programming. I have an application that I compiled under opensuse 12.2 using g77-3.3/g++3.3. The program compiles and runs just fine. I gave the application to a colleague who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Yum - resolving missing dependencies that are not missing

I am trying to install VirtualBox on RHEL 5 but I need the 32 bit version for 32 bit Windows. When I run yum I get the following: sudo yum localinstall /auto/spvtg-it/spvss-migration/Software/VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el6-1.i686.rpm Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Setting up Local Package... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gw1500se
13 Replies
Sys::Guestfs::Lib(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Sys::Guestfs::Lib(3pm)

NAME
Sys::Guestfs::Lib - Useful functions for using libguestfs from Perl SYNOPSIS
use Sys::Guestfs::Lib qw(open_guest ...); $g = open_guest ($name); DESCRIPTION
"Sys::Guestfs::Lib" is an extra library of useful functions for using the libguestfs API from Perl. It also provides tighter integration with libvirt. The basic libguestfs API is not covered by this manpage. Please refer instead to Sys::Guestfs(3) and guestfs(3). The libvirt API is also not covered. For that, see Sys::Virt(3). DEPRECATION OF SOME FUNCTIONS
This module contains functions and code to perform inspection of guest images. Since libguestfs 1.5.3 this ability has moved into the core API (see "INSPECTION" in guestfs(3)). The inspection functions in this module are deprecated and will not be updated. Each deprecated function is marked in the documentation below. BASIC FUNCTIONS
open_guest $g = open_guest ($name); $g = open_guest ($name, rw => 1, ...); $g = open_guest ($name, address => $uri, ...); $g = open_guest ([$img1, $img2, ...], address => $uri, format => $format, ...); ($g, $conn, $dom, @images) = open_guest ($name); This function opens a libguestfs handle for either the libvirt domain called $name, or the disk image called $name. Any disk images found through libvirt or specified explicitly are attached to the libguestfs handle. The "Sys::Guestfs" handle $g is returned, or if there was an error it throws an exception. To catch errors, wrap the call in an eval block. The first parameter is either a string referring to a libvirt domain or a disk image, or (if a guest has several disk images) an arrayref "[$img1, $img2, ...]". For disk images, if the "format" parameter is specified then that format is forced. The handle is read-only by default. Use the optional parameter "rw => 1" to open a read-write handle. However if you open a read-write handle, this function will refuse to use active libvirt domains. The handle is still in the config state when it is returned, so you have to call "$g->launch ()". The optional "address" parameter can be added to specify the libvirt URI. The implicit libvirt handle is closed after this function, unless you call the function in "wantarray" context, in which case the function returns a tuple of: the open libguestfs handle, the open libvirt handle, and the open libvirt domain handle, and a list of [image,format] pairs. (This is useful if you want to do other things like pulling the XML description of the guest). Note that if this is a straight disk image, then $conn and $dom will be "undef". If the "Sys::Virt" module is not available, then libvirt is bypassed, and this function can only open disk images. The optional "interface" parameter can be used to open devices with a specified qemu interface. See "guestfs_add_drive_opts" in Sys::Guestfs for more details. feature_available $bool = feature_available ($g, $feature [, $feature ...]); This function is a useful wrapper around the basic "$g->available" call. "$g->available" tests for availability of a list of features and dies with an error if any is not available. This call tests for the list of features and returns true if all are available, or false otherwise. For a list of features you can test for, see "AVAILABILITY" in guestfs(3). get_partitions This function is deprecated. It will not be updated in future versions of libguestfs. New code should not use this function. Use the core API function "list_filesystems" in Sys::Guestfs(3) instead. resolve_windows_path $path = resolve_windows_path ($g, $path); $path = resolve_windows_path ($g, "/windows/system"); ==> "/WINDOWS/System" or undef if no path exists This function, which is specific to FAT/NTFS filesystems (ie. Windows guests), lets you look up a case insensitive $path in the filesystem and returns the true, case sensitive path as required by the underlying kernel or NTFS-3g driver. If $path does not exist then this function returns "undef". The $path parameter must begin with "/" character and be separated by "/" characters. Do not use "", drive names, etc. file_architecture Deprecated function. Replace any calls to this function with: $g->file_architecture ($path); OPERATING SYSTEM INSPECTION FUNCTIONS
inspect_all_partitions This function is deprecated. It will not be updated in future versions of libguestfs. New code should not use this function. Use the core API functions instead, see "INSPECTION" in guestfs(3). inspect_partition This function is deprecated. It will not be updated in future versions of libguestfs. New code should not use this function. Use the core API functions instead, see "INSPECTION" in guestfs(3). inspect_operating_systems This function is deprecated. It will not be updated in future versions of libguestfs. New code should not use this function. Use the core API functions instead, see "INSPECTION" in guestfs(3). mount_operating_system This function is deprecated. It will not be updated in future versions of libguestfs. New code should not use this function. Use the core API functions instead, see "INSPECTION" in guestfs(3). inspect_in_detail This function is deprecated. It will not be updated in future versions of libguestfs. New code should not use this function. Use the core API functions instead, see "INSPECTION" in guestfs(3). inspect_linux_kernel This function is deprecated. It will not be updated in future versions of libguestfs. New code should not use this function. Use the core API functions instead, see "INSPECTION" in guestfs(3). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009-2012 Red Hat Inc. LICENSE
Please see the file COPYING.LIB for the full license. SEE ALSO
virt-inspector(1), Sys::Guestfs(3), guestfs(3), <http://libguestfs.org/>, Sys::Virt(3), <http://libvirt.org/>, guestfish(1). perl v5.14.2 2012-06-01 Sys::Guestfs::Lib(3pm)