Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX how install source file HP-UX Post 302105845 by mwagz on Monday 5th of February 2007 08:11:56 AM
Old 02-05-2007
how install source file HP-UX

I want to install a source tar file using SAM . How do I do that?
Also I want to update all installed software using SAM?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Post Shell programming: Question about source a file and read data from the file

This is shell programming assignment. It needs to create a file called .std_dbrc contains STD_DBROOT=${HOME}/class/2031/Assgn3/STD_DB (which includes all my simple database files) and I am gonna use this .std_dbrc in my script file (read the data from the database files) like this: .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccwq
3 Replies

2. Debian

Kernel source not found. (can't install network card drivers)

I've had no luck with help on linuxquestions so I figured I'd try here. I'm using debian etch. The problem is that I can not install my network card because it says: Makefile:62: *** Linux kernel source not found. Stop. I have the kernel-headers installed. I've looked all over the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Virtuality
9 Replies

3. SuSE

How to install .src.rpm ? ( source rpm )

Hi, I have got few RPM's from rpmfind.net ( mainly gcc ). But it seems to be src files instead of the image. so I think we have to build the src files according to target machine using rpmbuild. Can any one help me with 1) Various options of rpm build that have to be taken care 2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install "source" command!/ broken "login.cl"!

Hello, I am new to this forums and this is my first "asking help" message! i have 2 problems: 1- for unknown reasons the "source" command is not avalable in my system (UBUNTU). i can't either see it in my bin directory! 2- again for unknown reasons the "login.cl" file in the home... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: astrosona
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install kernel source?

During installation of one of driver i needed to Remove any earlier version drivers using make clean -r command. Where i m getting following error. # make clean -r Kernel source is not installed make: *** Error 1 My kernel version # uname -r 2.6.18-128.2.1.4.9.el5xen Where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
4 Replies

6. Programming

how to copy downloaded file into my source file folder (putty/unix)

I need to "Ensure that when you download libchat.a from the VLE you have copied it to the same folder on ius as your source files. You then refer to the library (and the libraries it needs) with: gcc -o outputfile sourcefile.c -L. -lchat -lsocket -lnsl" But I have no idea what this means! (I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fakuse
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split File by Pattern with File Names in Source File... Awk?

Hi all, I'm pretty new to Shell scripting and I need some help to split a source text file into multiple files. The source has a row with pattern where the file needs to be split, and the pattern row also contains the file name of the destination for that specific piece. Here is an example: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cul8er
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with install aquila dsp library from source.

Hi All, I am trying to install aquila-dsp. an open source c++ library from dsp functions in my ubuntu 12.10. I downloaded the aquila source. configured, make and did make install. It seems to be installed in /usr/lib/aquila. The compile fails in linking when I try using api provided by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamil.pamaran
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to install libtool from source - newbie

Hey all, I am trying to configure software (Open Cascade) and I am receiving the following error: configure.ac:24: warning: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library I know I must be missing libtool, however, when I try and grab libtool (a lot of sites have the proper tarball and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bphqk3
2 Replies
SAM_INITIALIZE(3)				    Corosync Cluster Engine Programmer's Manual 				 SAM_INITIALIZE(3)

NAME
sam_initialize - Initialize health checking SYNOPSIS
#include <corosync/sam.h> cs_error_t sam_initialize (int time_interval, sam_recovery_policy_t recovery_policy); DESCRIPTION
The sam_initialize function is used to initialize health checking of a process. Application can have only one instance of SAM. This function must be called before any other of SAM functions. It is recommended to ini- tialize before the process begins any process initialization. The time_interval parameter is a timeout in milliseconds before taking recovery action after having not received a healthcheck. If time_interval parameter is zero, there is no time limit and no healthcheck must be sent by the process. In this operational mode, a process failure will continue to execute the recovery policy. The recovery_policy is defined as type: typedef enum { SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_QUIT = 1, SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_RESTART = 2, } sam_recovery_policy_t; where SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_QUIT on failure, the process will terminate. SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_RESTART on failure, the process will restart. To perform event driven healthchecking, sam_register(3) and sam_start(3) functions must called. Event driven healthchecking causes the duplicate standby process running the SAM serve rto periodically request healthchecks from the active process. RETURN VALUE
This call return CS_OK value if successful, otherwise and error is returned. ERRORS
CS_ERR_BAD_HANDLE can happened in case of double initialization. CS_ERR_INVALID_PARAM recovery_policy has invalid value. SEE ALSO
sam_register(3), sam_start(3), sam_hc_callback_register(3) corosync Man Page 12/01/2009 SAM_INITIALIZE(3)