Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris cronjob dies when user password expires Post 302105809 by Tornado on Monday 5th of February 2007 02:04:32 AM
Old 02-05-2007
It is for this reason i wrote the pwage script, that I posted here:
Check Password Age
Tornado

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to run a script as different user inside cronjob in solaris.

Hi , I have a shell script to perform some actions on sun solaris box . This script normally requires to be run as a different user. so, whenever i have to run this script, i need to sudo in as that user , enter the password and execute it. Now,I have to setup a cronjob to execute the script... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: csg_user
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HOw do i give a user cronjob edit/settings permission?

Hi, In a Unix Server when i 'su' to my name and type in crontab it says " You are not authorised......". Pls suggest what to do? How do i give myself permission so that I can schedule a cron. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: debu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change Account to not lock account if password expires

I have access to 15+ UNIX boxes at work, and I do not consistently log onto all of them over time. When I do try to access one I havent been on in awhile, my account is locked as the password has expired. I need to request to the UNIX SA's that the password expiration is 90 days and that if it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stringzz
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password verification verify password of a user for only first 8 characters

Helo , I m using linux pam library for user and its password authentication. I m creating new user and giving its password.I m giving password of 10 characters.now when I login in as that newly created user its ask me $ su - ram Password: You are required to change your password immediately... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cronjob on a remote ssh without typing password

Hi there, How can I send a script to a remote ssh client. 1) I cannot connect through ftp 2) I just need to read a file on a remote server. Here is what I do: ~$ ssh santiago@myserver.com santiago@myserver.com's password: santiago@myserver:~$ cat logfile hello world bonjour le monde hola... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Check when password expires

How do I check to see when a password expires on a user account with using the CLI? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob not working from user's crontab

Hi All, I am trying to execute a python script from a user's crontab. /home/user1/UDE/scripts/UdeManager.py I am at /home/user1. If I run the command "/home/user1UDE/scripts/UdeManager.py" from the users home directory its working fine. But when I try to run from user's cron tab its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Cronjob not working at user timezone

I have created user and set timezone different from root user timezone in .bash_profile of user using TZ command, i have created cronjob for user using crontab -e, my concern is that job schedule in cronjob must executive as per timezone of user , but i am getting that job schedule in cron of user... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahenaaz
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script does not run from a user specific cronjob.

Hello, I have two crontabs, one for the root and one for another user. There is a script in my configurations that has to send a email. The script works and sends the emails when I run it by hand with either the root or the user, and when I program it in the root's crontab. But! It does not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tralaraloro
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob for root password change.

Hi, I am writing a cronjob which changes default root password to some designated password(set) after 15 days. The requirement for same is because i need to give application team root access for first 15 days, but after that the default password should be changed, now I want to automate the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
3 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)