Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris cronjob dies when user password expires Post 302105685 by Create on Saturday 3rd of February 2007 11:44:56 PM
Old 02-04-2007
yeah,

it is not actually a problem, it was designed to run that way. Best way to get around it would turn the password policy off for root to reset every 12 weeks.

Why would you want expired accounts to have access to run things?

you wouldn't, so its design is correct.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to run a script as different user inside cronjob in solaris.

Hi , I have a shell script to perform some actions on sun solaris box . This script normally requires to be run as a different user. so, whenever i have to run this script, i need to sudo in as that user , enter the password and execute it. Now,I have to setup a cronjob to execute the script... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: csg_user
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HOw do i give a user cronjob edit/settings permission?

Hi, In a Unix Server when i 'su' to my name and type in crontab it says " You are not authorised......". Pls suggest what to do? How do i give myself permission so that I can schedule a cron. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: debu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change Account to not lock account if password expires

I have access to 15+ UNIX boxes at work, and I do not consistently log onto all of them over time. When I do try to access one I havent been on in awhile, my account is locked as the password has expired. I need to request to the UNIX SA's that the password expiration is 90 days and that if it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stringzz
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password verification verify password of a user for only first 8 characters

Helo , I m using linux pam library for user and its password authentication. I m creating new user and giving its password.I m giving password of 10 characters.now when I login in as that newly created user its ask me $ su - ram Password: You are required to change your password immediately... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cronjob on a remote ssh without typing password

Hi there, How can I send a script to a remote ssh client. 1) I cannot connect through ftp 2) I just need to read a file on a remote server. Here is what I do: ~$ ssh santiago@myserver.com santiago@myserver.com's password: santiago@myserver:~$ cat logfile hello world bonjour le monde hola... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Check when password expires

How do I check to see when a password expires on a user account with using the CLI? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob not working from user's crontab

Hi All, I am trying to execute a python script from a user's crontab. /home/user1/UDE/scripts/UdeManager.py I am at /home/user1. If I run the command "/home/user1UDE/scripts/UdeManager.py" from the users home directory its working fine. But when I try to run from user's cron tab its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Cronjob not working at user timezone

I have created user and set timezone different from root user timezone in .bash_profile of user using TZ command, i have created cronjob for user using crontab -e, my concern is that job schedule in cronjob must executive as per timezone of user , but i am getting that job schedule in cron of user... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahenaaz
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script does not run from a user specific cronjob.

Hello, I have two crontabs, one for the root and one for another user. There is a script in my configurations that has to send a email. The script works and sends the emails when I run it by hand with either the root or the user, and when I program it in the root's crontab. But! It does not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tralaraloro
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob for root password change.

Hi, I am writing a cronjob which changes default root password to some designated password(set) after 15 days. The requirement for same is because i need to give application team root access for first 15 days, but after that the default password should be changed, now I want to automate the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)