Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running a check platform script Post 302105673 by sb008 on Saturday 3rd of February 2007 03:41:34 PM
Old 02-03-2007
{
} | tee resultfile

to have output displayed as well as redirected to a file.

If you want to use the out of a command later on the script you either have to store the result in variables or send it to a file and read back this file later on.

The have the result of only specific filesystems is a matter of piping the output of df -k to grep with the right regular expression

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check that script is not running twice

using ps -ef | fgrep "ld_data" how do i write a script to check that it didn't already run Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Link_02
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if trigger Script is running

HI, I have a script which will be running all the time...it is like a trigger.. wakesup every 10 minutes(trigger.sh) executes, and I want to write another script which monitors this script every one hour and if it finds that trigger script is not running it should start it and exit...and here... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running a Perl script on HPUX platform

Hi, I wish to execute a simple perl script to pass unix commands on a HPUX platform, retrieve the result and filter through the text to determine outcomes x,y and z. I am developing the code on my windows system. I initially wrote the code to issue UNIX commands line by line, however i soon... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmetcalfe
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check user id before running script

I am looking for the syntax to check which ID is executing script.sh. If the the ID, is not user1 then I want the script to exit and return to command prompt, if it is user1, then I want the script to continue. Any help would be greatly appreciate. Thank you. Chris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to check if another script is running and if so, then sleep for sometime and check again

Hi, I am a unix newbie. I need to write a script to check wheteher another script is still running. If it is, then sleep for 30m and then check again if the script is running. If the script has stopped running then, I need to come out of the loop. I am using RHEL 5.2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathews
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check running of process

Hi, Can anyone please tell me how to write a shell script to check whether a process if running or not.... if its still running then wait for sometime and if not then run the next query. Also, Under my one main script main.sh I have to run 2 scripts simutaneously which take some time to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovepujain
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to Check if a script is running?

Hi All, I am new to Unix... Can you please let me know how we can check if a script is running or not on Solaris box? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul466
4 Replies

8. Linux

Check up the status of a Script (running or not)

Hello, i allready search on google und here in the local Forum, but can't found something. I need a query in php, that check whether a process (script) is running or not. Like this: php query: /usr/bin/Script01 >> if runnig, then: "Script01 is Online", if not "Script01 is Offline" I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProTechEx
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check to see if script is already running

Happy New Year Is there a quick way to check to see if a script is already running. I want to put in a check in the script to exit, if already running. Currerntly i can only think of doing it the following way. # ps -ef | grep -i 3_HOUSEKEEPING_FFTVTL_TO_FFTDSSU_DUPLICATION.ksh |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to check if the script is already running?

I have one shell script in NAS shared location. Since NAS is mounted in many servers, script can be run from any of those servers. I want to make sure if the script is already running, it should not allow others to run it. I googled it and got some idea that i can touch one empty file in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
8 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)