Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How can I tell when an SFTP has finished copying a file? Post 302105547 by goodmis on Friday 2nd of February 2007 01:48:15 PM
Old 02-02-2007
How can I tell when an SFTP has finished copying a file?

If I download a file via SFTP how can I tell when the process is completed? Is there a process that I can monitor?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finding Out When A Process Has Finished?

Problem I have an application which basically runs lots of UNIX programs remotely, using the Telnet protocol. For each program it remotely executes, it stores the process ID (PID) for that process. At regular intervals, I would like my application to take the PID for every process still... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1cuervo
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Has my script finished?

Hi I'm writing a script which will be run by cron every X minutes. I don't want cron to run my script again if the previous one has not yet finished. When the script first runs, I had the idea to store the Process ID in a file. When cron tries to run the script again, I would check the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

** Finished ** Syncid.rc

So, the script I've been working on, since I was starting to learn Shell scripting is now complete. This was coded in ksh, and I am very proud of it. What this script does, is syncs up uid's across the network. So if you have 10 servers, with 10 usernames with different UID's - this will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syndex
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to know a executable has finished his task

Hi frnds, I want to know is there a way by which we can know that a C++ executable has finished its job in shell script. My task is as follows: 1.Shell script calls a executable 2.Executable executes and performs its job of generating some reports. Now i want my shell script to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: electroon
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I know all processes are finished?

Hi all, I am writing a C shell script that starts a program. The program forks of several child processes. Only when all child processes are done, I want to archive my log files. Below is what I have so far, but unfortunately it doesn't work. MyProgram if (-e processes.txt) then rm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carla
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error copying files from Unix (Solaris10) to Windows Server 2003 using scp/sftp

Hi, I have generated a Public/Private Key Pair in Solaris Unix (source) server and deployed the Public key in Windows 2003(target) server .ssh directory of user profile. When i try to connect(ssh, scp, sftp) from Unix, i'm getting below error message. Sun_SSH_1.1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarb
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if file finished to copy

Hi all, I have a script that is monitoring a hot folder. This script works fine with one exception when the script is executed while a file is being copied to the hot folder. What is the easiest method to check if the copy file is completed? I'd like to get the solution in bash :) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gigagigosu
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to proceed when curl is finished

I have a script which uses cli curl to download the source code of a webpage and then tests if a specific string exists in the source. The problem is that the website has a slow response, so the eval expression hasn't completed when the test starts. The test returns a negative, and the curl... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wait until firefox has finished

I am running a macro script from the command line. But the script doesn't wait until the task has finished. firefox imacros://run/?m=macro_script.iim firefox imacros://run/?m=macro_script2.iim How do I get it to wait until the macro has been completed? I am using imacros, a firefox... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to print 1 file then when finished another file prints beside it?

I have 2 big files over 4Gbs each. I'm looking for a way to print 1 file, then when that file finish printing another file proceeds to print beside it and merge the lines together. How would to cmd or code this? from itertools import izip_longest with open("file1") as textfile1,... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigvito19
14 Replies
Net::SFTP::Foreign::Attributes(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Net::SFTP::Foreign::Attributes(3pm)

NAME
Net::SFTP::Foreign::Attributes - File/directory attribute container SYNOPSIS
use Net::SFTP::Foreign; my $a1 = Net::SFTP::Foreign::Attributes->new(); $a1->set_size($size); $a1->set_ugid($uid, $gid); my $a2 = $sftp->stat($file) or die "remote stat command failed: ".$sftp->status; my $size = $a2->size; my $mtime = $a2->mtime; DESCRIPTION
Net::SFTP::Foreign::Attributes encapsulates file/directory attributes for Net::SFTP::Foreign. It also provides serialization and deserialization methods to encode/decode attributes into Net::SFTP::Foreign::Buffer objects. USAGE
Net::SFTP::Foreign::Attributes->new() Returns a new "Net::SFTP::Foreign::Attributes" object. Net::SFTP::Foreign::Attributes->new_from_buffer($buffer) Creates a new attributes object and populates it with information read from $buffer. $attrs->as_buffer Serializes the Attributes object $attrs into a buffer object. $attrs->flags returns the value of the flags field. $attrs->size returns the values of the size field or undef if it is not set. $attrs->uid returns the value of the uid field or undef if it is not set. $attrs->gid returns the value of the gid field or undef if it is not set. $attrs->perm returns the value of the permissions field or undef if it is not set. See also "stat" in perlfunc for instructions on how to process the returned value with the Fcntl module. For instance, the following code checks if some attributes object corresponds to a directory: use Fctnl qw(S_ISDIR); ... if (S_ISDIR($attr->perm)) { # it is a directory! } $attrs->atime returns the value of the atime field or undef if it is not set. $attrs->mtime returns the value of the mtime field or undef if it is not set. %extended = $attr->extended returns the vendor-dependent extended attributes $attrs->set_size($size) sets the value of the size field, or if $size is undef removes the field. The flags field is adjusted accordingly. $attrs->set_perm($perm) sets the value of the permsissions field or removes it if the value is undefined. The flags field is also adjusted. $attr->set_ugid($uid, $gid) sets the values of the uid and gid fields, or removes them if they are undefined values. The flags field is adjusted. This pair of fields can not be set separatelly because they share the same bit on the flags field and so both have to be set or not. $attr->set_amtime($atime, $mtime) sets the values of the atime and mtime fields or remove them if they are undefined values. The flags field is also adjusted. $attr->set_extended(%extended) sets the vendor-dependent extended attributes $attr->append_extended(%more_extended) adds more pairs to the list of vendor-dependent extended attributes COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2008 Salvador Fandin~o. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-11 Net::SFTP::Foreign::Attributes(3pm)