Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sort mail based on subject in unix. Post 302105501 by sb008 on Friday 2nd of February 2007 06:32:29 AM
Old 02-02-2007
Check out "procmail"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Saving of UNIX based e-mail on to local disks

Dear friends, Someone please let me know how to store e-mail on local hard disk or floppy disks. I am using UNIX based PINE e-mail programme and the copy of this mail I wanted to store it in my local disks. Thanks in advance. Regards, Rajan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan9
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail

hi, Gurus, I need some help with sending mail out from my UNIX server: It is running Solaris 2.6 and the sendmail version is 8.8. Output of :/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null Version 8.8.8+Sun Compiled with: LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b5fnpct
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort based on the own pattern

Hi Everyone, # cat 1.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; my @test=("a","b","c","d"); print @test; # ./1.pl abcd if i want to sort the @test, based on my own partten, the output is "cbda", how to do? as i know perl sort i can use cmp and <=>, but how to do with my own... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort based on filenames

Hi All, When i give ls -ltr my filenames looks like this: Filename Pattern: Abc_Def_mmddyyyyHHmm.csv $ ls -ltr Jun 05 04:30 Abc_Def_060520111245.csv Jun 05 08:40 Abc_Def_071220121458.csv Jun 06 03:30 Abc_Def_071220111458.csv Jun 06 04:25 Abc_Def_060620110439.csv Jun 07 04:37... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort based on Multiple Columns in UNIX

Hi, I would like to sort a list in different ways: 1> Unique based on Field 1 with highest Field 4 For Instance Input: 1678923450;11112222333344;11-1x;2_File.xml 1678923450;11112222333344;11-1x;5_File.xml 1234567890;11113333222244;11-1x;3_File.xml Output: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort based on numbers

I have a file which has the following data :- how can I sort the data in descending order . My files may have the first column with 1 to 10000 numbers .I need to arrange them in descending order . Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazydev
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort based on certain value in a column

Hi, i need to sort content of files based on a specific value. An example as below. Input1.txt Col_1 SW_MH2_ST ST_F72_9S SW_MH3_S6 Col_2 SW_MH3_AS7 ST_S15_9CH SW_MH3_AS8 SW_MH3_ST Col_3 ST_M93_SZ ST_C16_TC (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to sort the files by size and based subdirectory un UNIX?

I have the below input data in a file and need to get the output as mentioned below. Need to sort the data by size(Asc/des)/by subdirectory Below is the input which is there in a file: 120 /root/path2/part-00000-d3700305-428d-4b13-8161-42051f4ac5ed-c000.json 532 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajarramuk
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sort based on one column

Hi All , I am having an input file like this Input file 7 sks/jsjssj/ddjd/hjdjd/hdhd/Q 10 0.5 13 dkdkd/djdjd/djdjd/djd/QB 01 0.5 ldld/dkd/jdf/fjfjf/fjf/Q 0.5 10 sjs/jsdd/djdkd/dhd/Q 01 0.5 21 kdkd/djdd/djdd/jdd/djd/QB 01 0.5 dkdld/djdjd/djd/Q 01 0.5 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
9 Replies
readmail(1)						      General Commands Manual						       readmail(1)

NAME
readmail - read mail from a mail folder or incoming mailbox SYNOPSIS
folder] [number-list|pattern] DESCRIPTION
The program displays messages from your incoming mailbox or a specified mail folder. Within the mail system (see elm(1) with no operands and optionally the or option, displays the appropriate headers and the body of the cur- rent message. With the number-list operand and no options, displays the corresponding messages and a summary of the headers from your incoming mailbox. With the pattern operand and no options, displays the first message that matches the pattern and a summary of the headers from your incom- ing mailbox. Options supports the following options. Print all messages that match pattern. If no pattern was specified, this option is ignored. Use file folder for the operations instead of the incoming mailbox. Include the entire header of the matched message or messages when displaying their text. The default is to display the and lines only. Exclude all headers. Put form feeds ( between message headers. This is useful when printing sets of messages. Operands supports the following operands. number-list A blank-separated list of the ordinal locations of messages in the mail file (i.e., their "message numbers"), up to 25 at a time. The character means the last message in the mail file. Similarly, represents every message in the file (i.e., The message numbers are sorted into ascending order. Thus, produces the same output as pattern A string that is present in one of the messages. This pattern can be typed in directly (no quotes) if the words are separated by a single space in the actual message. The pattern matching is case sensitive, so and are not equiva- lent. Leading digits (on the first word) are not permitted; however, you can precede them with a space and quote the entire string, if the space occurs in the message, as in . EXAMPLES
If you are using to reply to a message from within the mail system, you can insert the text of the current message with the command: If you define an alias similar to: you can use it with a program such to peruse mail as it arrives, without needing to start a mail system (see newmail(1)). AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
Incoming mailbox Temporary file for SEE ALSO
elm(1), newmail(1), vi(1). readmail(1)