Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Not able to copy the tree node text in solaris, while easily done in window Post 302105364 by BOFH on Thursday 1st of February 2007 08:37:28 AM
Old 02-01-2007
Microsoft added their own key combinations; Ctrl + C/Ctrl + V keys. Try Ctrl + Insert/Shift + Insert which works in both Windows and Unix. This assumes you've highlighted the text of course.

Carl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Not able to copy the tree node text in HP UX, while easily done in window

I m not able to copy the text present on the tree's node to terminal or other text editor in solaris. I m using <Shift><control> C and V comaand for the same but the text is not being copied and pasted on the text pad or the terminal window. While the same is possible in windows OS using ctrl+c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: friendanoop
2 Replies

2. Solaris

can someone provide me with url or document to learn solaris commands easily???

HEllo guys, If somebody knowing the url or a document then please reply me i am in need of most useful solaris commands its really urgent... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lokeshpashine
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively copy only specific files from a directory tree

Hi I am a shell-script newbie and am looking to synchronize certain files in two directory structures. Both these directory-trees are in CVS and so I dont want the CVS directory to be copied over. I want only .sh and .pl files in each subdirectory under these directory trees to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharpsharkrocks
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tree directory structure of Unix to get final node path

Hi, I want to list all the last directories from mentioned base path. for eg: If i have a base path say /base/base1/ How can i get the path till last node in tree like directory structure of unix by applying any command. so that i will get following output. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiv@jad
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is in-core copy and disk-copy of i-node table?

I have found a question from the exercises of my study mat. The question is "Why are there a in-core copy and a disk-copy of i-node block and super block?" If any one know the proper answer then please send me..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dearanik
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy a tree of directory

Mi question is how can you copy only de three of directory and not the files in it. Only a need the three of directorys not the files (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy directory tree with files

Iam in the process of copying a directory with thousands of directories and files into a new directory. I need to preserve permissions, owner, group, date and timestamps, everything. Iam using AIX and would need help of writing the command whether it is cp-RP or cpio. Apprecaite your... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
3 Replies

8. Solaris

SVM metaset on 2 node Solaris cluster storage replicated to non-clustered Solaris node

Hi, Is it possible to have a Solaris cluster of 2 nodes at SITE-A using SVM and creating metaset using say 2 LUNs (on SAN). Then replicating these 2 LUNs to remote site SITE-B via storage based replication and then using these LUNs by importing them as a metaset on a server at SITE-B which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn2011
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 : command to copy text to the clipboard.

I'm searching a command to copy text to the clipboard. xclip and xsel are commands which are available on several kind Linux and Unix OS, but is unfortenuately not available on solaris 10. REF : xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/nix/x/general/xwin12-Xclipboard/single/ clipboard of openSolaris is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: droopy4u
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Directory Tree from one Server to Another

Hi, I have a serverA with Directory "/opt/app/myfiles" which is 8.5GB with more than 40000 files and 45 folders in it. I wish to transfer the folder "/opt/app/myfiles" tree structure with all the sub-directories and skip all files to another serverB. I would appreciate a command that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies
aven(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   aven(1)

NAME
aven -- sophisticated cave viewer for Unix and MS Windows SYNOPSIS
aven [options] .3d file Description Aven displays processed cave surveys in a window and allows you to manipulate the view. Note that there is no perspective in the view. This means that it is impossible to tell which way round a cave is rotating, or whether you are viewing something from behind, or in front. So if you think the direction of rotation in wrong, or changes as you watch, this is just your brain being confused, not a bug! Mouse Control The best way to move the cave is with the mouse. We suggest you try each of these out after reading this section to get a feel for how they work. If you hold down the right button then the cave is dragged when you move the mouse. If you hold down the left button, then the cave is rotated if you move left or right, and zoomed if you move up and down. If you hold down <Ctrl> while dragging with the left mouse button, then the cave rotates and tilts at the same time instead. If your mouse has a middle button then holding it down and moving the mouse up and down tilts the cave. Moving the mouse left and right has no effect. And if you have a scrollwheel, this can be used to zoom in/out. By default the mouse moves the cave, but if you press <Ctrl-R>, then the mouse will move the viewpoint instead (i.e. everything will go in the opposite direction). Apparently this feels more natural to some people. Keyboard Control <P> and <L> select Plan and eLevation respectively. Changing between plan to elevation is animated to help you see where you are and how things relate. This animation is automatically disabled on slow machines to avoid user frustration. Comma <'>, and Slash </> tilt up and down respectively. Tilt goes 180 degrees from plan view to a view from directly below (upside down plan). <Space> toggles automatic rotation about a vertical axis on and off. The speed of rotation for this, and animated transitions between plan and elevation, is controlled by <Z> and <X>. Crosses and/or labels can be displayed at survey stations. <Ctrl-X> toggles crosses and <Ctrl-N> station names. <Ctrl-L> toggles the dis- play of survey legs. <Delete> is useful if you get lost - it resets the scale, position, and rotation speed, so that the cave returns to the centre of the screen. There are also keyboard controls to use instead of the mouse - <Shift> helps here as it accelerates all movements: <Z>, <X> : Faster/Slower Rotation <R>: Reverse direction of rotation <Enter>, <Space>: Start and stop auto-rotation <C>, <V>: Rotate cave one step clockwise/anti-clockwise <'> , </>: Higher/Lower Viewpoint <]> , <[>: Zoom in/Out <U>, <D>: Set view to Up/Down <N>, <S>, <E>, <W>: Set view to North, South, East, West <Delete>: Reset to default scale, rotation rate, etc <P>, <L>: Plan, Elevation <Cursor Left>, <Cursor Right>: Pan survey Left/Right (on screen) <Cursor Up>, <Cursor Down>: Pan survey Up/Down (on screen) <Ctrl-N>: Toggle display of station names <Ctrl-X>: Toggle display of crosses at stations <Ctrl-L>: Toggle display of survey legs <Ctrl-F>: Toggle display of surface legs <Ctrl-G>: Toggle display of grid <Ctrl-B>: Toggle display of bounding box <O>: Toggle display of non-overlapping/all names <Ctrl-R>: reverse sense of controls <Shift>: accelerates all movement keys A little experimentation should give a better understanding of how this works. There is an auto-resizing scale bar along the bottom of the screen which varies in length as you zoom in or out. In the lower right corner is a compass pointer showing which way is North, and a clino pointer showing the angle of tilt. And in the upper right is a colour key showing the correspondence between colour and depth (by default - you can also colour by date or by error). See Also 3dtopos(1), cad3d(1), cavern(1), diffpos(1), extend(1), sorterr(1), svxedit(1) aven(1)