Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Man command doesn't display any output amonst other problems Post 302105334 by andryk on Thursday 1st of February 2007 06:13:53 AM
Old 02-01-2007
thats pretty scary, on an aix 5.3 'standard' installation, i get
Code:
ls -l /bin/sh
-r-xr-xr-x   5 bin      bin          237308 08 oct 2005  /bin/sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Man command doesn't display any output amonst other problems :-)

hi all, Newbie to Unix and AIX. So my apologies if this is in the wrong place, etc. Working on box - uname# uname -a AIX appt 3 5 00C08AAF4C00 when i type man (some valid command) it just returns me to the # prompt. Its running on the KSH shell. man was working but i was trying... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: djdavies
14 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 install doesn't display Network Connectivity prompt page

I have two Dell x86 machines on which I am attempting to install Solaris 10 from CD. I am not doing a Jumpstart install. This is my first experience in installing Solaris (or any other OS). I am following the instructions at How to Quickly Install the Solaris 10 1/06 OS The first machine... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarahsi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail problems - no man pages

Hi all, I have a virtual dedicated unix server somewhere (not sure we can put names, so ain't putting it yet :p) anyway, I have problems using sendmail, but before I am asking for help, I don't get ANY manpages for sendmail on my machine. I would like to try and solve this on my own (the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saariko
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command display output on console and simultaneously save the command and its output

Hi folks, Please advise which command/command line shall I run; 1) to display the command and its output on console 2) simultaneous to save the command and its output on a file I tried tee command as follows; $ ps aux | grep mysql | tee /path/to/output.txt It displayed the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSH::Perl->Execute any unix command & display the output in a proper form

Net::SSH::Perl ...... how to print the output in a proper format my $cmd = "ls -l"; my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new($host); $ssh->login($user, $pass); my($stdout, $stderr, $exit) = $ssh->cmd("$cmd"); print $stdout; the script works fine, but i am unable to see the output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

background functions doesn't display their output

hello there, there's a function, in my shell script, i'd like to run in the background. here's an example: log() { local SELF=${0##*/} tty -s && echo ": $*" } some_func() { # do something log "This text is not displayed in the terminal's output when running in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shedon
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

man command output to a txt file

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am trying to outut the man command output into a text file which will help me for future reference. 2.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariniiyer300
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Custom actions in Thunar doesn't display at all.

I have came across a few websites stating some custom actions for Thunar - crunchbang ubuntu I tried inputting the stated commands to Thunar, but it doesn't display at all in mine. I tried "gksu thunar %f" ( Opens current folder with root permissions.) , but when I right click in a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in shell Scripting to display a output from a command

Please find my below requirement and see if you can help me on this. I am looking for a shell script which can provide me the below output. Manuall steps which i am doing now 1) First I source the File $ . ./WC_env.sh 2) Execute the command $ /app/oracle/product/mos/bin/mosotl -url... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudheshpn@gmail
2 Replies

10. SuSE

Find command doesn't pipe the output as required.

Hi, I am using below code snippet to echo/display the files found (matching a pattern from searchstring.out file) and the corresponding owner. while read j do echo "Pattern to search is:- $j" find / -name "*$j*" |\ while read k do echo "File found is:- $k" owner=$(ls... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vipin Batra
9 Replies
optisa(1)							   User Commands							 optisa(1)

NAME
optisa - determine which variant instruction set is optimal to use SYNOPSIS
optisa instruction_set... DESCRIPTION
optisa prints which instruction_set out of the ones specified in the command will perform best on this machine. In this case, ``best'' is defined by the order in which instruction set names are returned by isalist(1). Possible values for instruction_set are given in isalist(5). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 One of the instruction_set values you specified is printed by this command. 1 There is no output; that is, this machine cannot use any instruction_set that you specified with the optisa command. SEE ALSO
isalist(1), uname(1), attributes(5), isalist(5) NOTES
optisa is preferable to uname -p or uname -m (see uname(1)) in determining which of several binary versions of a given program should be used on the given machine. SunOS 5.11 25 Jul 1997 optisa(1)