Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers setup a DNS server for my redhat server Post 302105315 by maheshwin on Thursday 1st of February 2007 04:34:22 AM
Old 02-01-2007
i agree with above

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

How to setup Chinese envirenment on RedHat Server 5

I installed RedHat Server 5 today. I had one problem that was the web page contained Chinese characters could not be shown correctly. What I saw was white squares. How to setup Chinese envirenment on RedHat Server 5? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: huyuhui
1 Replies

2. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NIS server setup on redhat 4 AS4

Please do reply if anyone has done NIS server setup on redhat Please let me know steps to do NIS server configuration on redhat & NIS client configuration on suse (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timus1980
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Help] Setup slave dns server

Hi all. I need to configure a secondary dns server to get the zones that are in the primary server. How can I do this? It's possible to make to sync automatically? What configuration I ahve to do? And in which files? Thanks in advance. If anyone could give me examples or a tutorial, that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kouh
4 Replies

5. AIX

Setup DNS server on AIX6.1

I'm planning of setting up a DNS server on AIX 6.1. Could someone shed me some lights on the step-by-steps of how to set this up? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: famasutika
2 Replies

6. Solaris

DNS Server setup

I am trying to setup DNS server in Solaris 10. I have two blade 1500 system and want to setup two name server I would like to start setting up DNS. appreciate your help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnathan
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

Configuring DNS Server in Linux Redhat

Can someone help with a detail step-by-step oh how to configure DNS server on Linux Server. - I need to have 3 IP addresses map to a single hostname. for clients I'm a Linux rookie. Thanks Oscar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FrankOscar
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

enable all operations to use a proxy server , redhat server

Hi, i would like to enable all operations/connections to use a proxy server in a redhat server , witch file should i config to get this for all conections .... Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

DNS Server Setup Centos 6.5 Issues

I am having a bit of trouble getting my CENTOS 6.5 DNS server to work correctly in our testlab environment. Lab network is 10.8.0.0/24 in which we all access from 10.7.0.0.0/24 && 10.0.0.0/24. Here are my configs: options { listen-on port 53 { 127.0.0.1; 10.8.0.19;}; #listen-on-v6 port 53 {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies
yppoll(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 yppoll(8)

NAME
yppoll - return version and master server of a NIS map SYNOPSIS
yppoll [ -h host ] [ -d domain ] mapname DESCRIPTION
yppoll OPTIONS
-h host Ask the NIS server process running on host for information about mapname. If host is not specified, the server polled is the default server returned by ypwhich(1). -d domain Specify a domain other than the default domain as returned by domainname(8). SEE ALSO
domainname(8), ypbind(8), ypcat(8), ypmatch(1), ypserv(8), ypset(8), ypwhich(1) AUTHOR
yppoll is part of the yp-tools package, which was written by Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@linux-nis.org>. YP Tools 2.12 April 2010 yppoll(8)