Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Read file based on condition
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read file based on condition Post 302105275 by Perderabo on Wednesday 31st of January 2007 11:13:55 PM
Old 02-01-2007
grep "^B" < data

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file based on some condition and naming them

I have a file given below. I want to split the file where ever I came across ***(instead you can put ### symbols in the file) . Also I need to name the file by extracting the report name from the first line which is in bold(eg:RPT507A) concatinated with DD(day on which the file runs). Can someone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srivsn
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving file to directory based on condition.

Can any one help me to correct following script. I have 2 directories DropZone and ProcessZone. File pattern is *VEHDESCSUM*. Finding the 'no of files' in DropZone directory using ls *VEHDESCSUM* |wc -l If DropZone has more than one file or 0 files then exit 1 If DropZone has one file then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramanagh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spliting file based on condition

Hi, I have a comma separated file with millions of records in it. I have a requirement to split the file based on the value in a one of the columns. Suppose i have a text file with columns like C1, C2,C3,C4 Column C4 can hold the values either 01 or 02 03 or 04. I nned to extract... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update a field in a file based on condition

Hi i am new to scripting. i have a file file.dat with content as : CONTENT_STORAGE PERCENTAGE FLAG: /storage_01 64% 0 /storage_02 17% 1 I need to update the value of FLAG for a particular CONTENT_STORAGE value I have written the following code #!/bin/sh threshold=20... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kichu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move input file based on condition

Hello, I have File1 in a directory A, a File2 in a directory B. If the File2 is not empty Then I have to move File1 from directory A to a directory archive Else no action. Is it possible to do this from one command line? Thank you in advance for your answers. Madi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngelMady
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I change file value based on condition

Hi, Gurus, I got a problem to resolve following issue: I have one file file1as following: start_dt=2010-01-01 12:00:02 start_dt=2011-01-01 09:00:02 start_dt=2009-01-01 11:00:02I have another file file2 as following: title1, 2010-01-03 10:00:02 title2, 2011-01-04 11:00:02 title3,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read 2 files alternatively based on condition.

Experts, What would be the code in ksh/perl to read 2 files alternatively, based on the following condition. while reading file 1 we check if a blank line is encountered, if yes, then we read file 2 unless a blank line is encountered in file 2 if we have a blank line in file 2 we come back... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suraj.sheikh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding data from a file based on some condition

I collect data in a file in below format(Month Day Year Size) in RedHat Linux. Now i want to calculate the data size date wise. As i code shell script after long time, i forgot the features and syntax. Can anyone help me regard this please. Feb 8 2014 15 Feb 10 2014 32 Feb 10 2014 32 Feb 12... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines from file based on condition

I want to keep last 2 days data from a file and want to delete others data from the file. Please help me. Sample Input # cat messages-2 Apr 15 11:25:03 test1 kernel: imklog 4.6.2, log source = /proc/kmsg started. Apr 15 11:25:03 test1 rsyslogd: (re)start Apr 16 19:42:03 test1 kernel:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join fields in a same file based on condition

I have an input file like this... All iI want to do is If the lines are identical except for the last field i want to merge them into single line input_file I feel something is nothing I feel something is everything apple mango banana apple mango grapes I want to get output like this:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj_k
3 Replies
SAM_OVERVIEW(8) 				    Corosync Cluster Engine Programmer's Manual 				   SAM_OVERVIEW(8)

NAME
sam_overview - Overview of the Simple Availability Manager OVERVIEW
The SAM library provide a tool to check the health of an application. The main purpose of SAM is to restart a local process when it fails to respond to a healthcheck request in a configured time interval. During sam_initialize(3), a duplicate copy of the process is created using the fork(3) system call. This duplicate process copy contains the logic for executing the SAM server. The SAM server is responsible for requesting healthchecks from the active process, and controlling the lifecycle of the active process when it fails. If the active process fails to respond to the healthcheck request sent by the SAM server, it will be sent a user configurable signal (default SIGTERM) to request shutdown of the application. After a configured time interval, the process will be forcibly killed by being sent a SIGKILL signal. Once the active process terminates, the SAM server will cre- ate a new active process. The Simple Availability Manager is meant to be used in conjunction with the cpg service. Used together, it is possible to restart a cpg process that fails healthchecking during operation. The main features of SAM include: o A configurable recovery policy. o A configurable time interval for health check operations. o A notification via signal before recovery action is taken. o A mechanism to indicate to the application the number of times an active process has been created by the SAM server. o Both application driven health checking and event driven health checking. Initializing SAM The SAM library is initialized by sam_initialize(3). sam_initalize(3) may only be called once per process. Calling it more then once has undefined results and is not recommended or tested. Setting warning callback User configurable signal (default SIGTERM) is sent to the application when a recovery action is planned. The application can use the sig- nal(3) system call to monitor for this signal. There are no special constraints on what SAM apis may be called in a warning callback. After time_interval expires, a SIGKILL signal is sent to the active process to force its termination. Registering the active process The active process is registered with SAM by calling sam_register(3). This function should only be called one time in a process. After a recovery action is taken, the new active process will begin execution at the next line of code in a user process after sam_register(3). Enabling event driven healthchecking Two types of healthchecking are available to the user. The first model is one where the user application healthchecks during its normal operation. It is never requested to healtcheck, and if the active process doesn't respond within the time interval, the process will be restarted. A more useful mechanism for healthchecking is event driven healthchecking. Because this model is directed by the SAM server, It isn't nec- essary to guess or add timers to the active process to signal a healthcheck operation is successful. To use event driven healthchecking, the sam_hc_callback_register(3) function should be executed. BUGS
SEE ALSO
sam_initialize(3), sam_finalize(3), sam_start(3), sam_stop(3), sam_register(3), sam_warn_signal_set(3), sam_hc_send(3), sam_hc_call- back_register(3) corosync Man Page 12/01/2009 SAM_OVERVIEW(8)