Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help: for XDMCP
Operating Systems Solaris Help: for XDMCP Post 302105181 by andryk on Wednesday 31st of January 2007 06:33:41 AM
Old 01-31-2007
First of, check the daemon if its running if not start it
Code:
ps -ef |grep dtlogin
/etc/rc2.d/S99dtlogin start # start it if no dtlogin process if running

You might try to use the direct method instead of the broadcast one as sometimes it works sometimes not like sparcguy said Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XDMCP setup

How do you verify your XDMCP setup on Sun Solaris? I am trying to establish a connection, but no XDMCP servers were found. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heinb
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

xdmcp and netstat

On my linux box, i run netstat -l and i see xdmcp in the list but it doesn't have LISTEN as its state, see what it shows below, I'm wondering if this might explain why i can't see it in my exceed broadcast listing of servers broadcasting on our net? My unix boxes don't show this at all. Proto ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kymberm
1 Replies

3. Solaris

xdmcp on Solaris 10 x86

I recently downloaded and installed Solaris 10 on an Intel PC. I want to connect to it via XDMCP from another client. I found you can enable xdmcp as follows: Launch -> Applications -> Utilities -> Administration -> Login Screen Setup Then selected the XDMCP tab and click the box that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

xdmcp on HP-UX

Anybody know how to set up xdmcp on HPUX (11.0 +)? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

xdmcp config

hi everybody, can anyone please tell me what are things for verify to have an xdmcp connexion ton HPUX 10.20 host best regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XDMCP no password

Hello all, Does anyone know or have configure their system to allow no password during an XDMCP session. I' m running Redhat whit gdm manager. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryase
0 Replies

7. SCO

xdmcp dies in sco600

We have just installed a sco 600 server. Xdmcp comes up in the chooser but if you don't log in within a few minutes it disappears and you have to log in and then out on the console before you can see it in the chooser. Xdmcp is suppossed to be setup for continuous logins automatically. We... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: khafner
0 Replies

8. AIX

How to enable XDMCP?

Hello everyone, I installed AIX the other day (several times!) but I can't get XDMCP to work. I remember from when I installed it the last time it worked out of the box. So why doesn't it work now? This is the error message I get: XDMCP fatal error: Session failed Session 2 failed for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kotzkroete
3 Replies

9. Solaris

XDMCP Error

Hi Friends, I am not able to login through X browser from Windows Machine to Sun Fire V890 server. Solaris 10 is installed on this machine. Please suggest me what changes need to be done in Solaris Server. Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)