Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 1000-char PM limit
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators 1000-char PM limit Post 302105041 by Corona688 on Tuesday 30th of January 2007 10:37:30 AM
Old 01-30-2007
1000-char PM limit

1000 characters is not a lot. For example, this message alone is 230 characters. I've spent a lot of time paring mine down to fit this limit. Is it possible for this to be extended? Even 2000 characters would be much better.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me spend $1000

Hey, As part of a Master's Degree program in Aeronautical Engineering I need a dedicated Unix PC to run a computational fluid dynamics (CFD) code in Fortran. Each run to model a single flow can take several days or weeks, so optimizing system resources is the only consideration. I need to buy... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: John Bruzzese
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sunblade 1000

Hi everyone this is my first post I have used linux a couple of times and was impressed, so i bought an old sunblade 1000, just to learn something new. I cannot get the thing to work! I have tried to install solaris 10 and several types of linux. I am beginning to wonder if i was sold a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kawakaze
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace any char with newline char.

Hi, How to replace any character in a file with a newline character using sed .. Ex: To replace ',' with newline Input: abcd,efgh,ijkl,mnop Output: abcd efgh ijkl mnop Thnx in advance. Regards, Sasidhar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mightysam
5 Replies

4. Programming

Adding a single char to a char pointer.

Hello, I'm trying to write a method which will return the extension of a file given the file's name, e.g. test.txt should return txt. I'm using C so am limited to char pointers and arrays. Here is the code as I have it: char* getext(char *file) { char *extension; int i, j;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallak7
5 Replies

5. Programming

concat const char * with char *

hello everybody! i have aproblem! i dont know how to concatenate const char* with char const char *buffer; char *b; sprintf(b,"result.txt"); strcat(buffer,b); thanx in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In BIND 9.3 DNS trying to get past the 256 char limit in SPF TXT records

One way I was told to do was incase strings in quotes. But I was given this option if I can get it to work. Will this work for splitting up SPF records? I am try to make bx.example.com reference spf.eu.***, spfa.eu.***, spfb.eu.***, and spfc.eu.***. spf.eu.example.com 3600 IN TXT "v=spf1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmanx
0 Replies

7. Programming

error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Compiling xpp (The X Printing Panel) on SL6 (RHEL6 essentially): xpp.cxx: In constructor ‘printFiles::printFiles(int, char**, int&)’: xpp.cxx:200: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ The same error with all c++ constructors - gcc 4.4.4. If anyone can throw any light on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

counts for every 1000 interval

Hi, I have a file with 4 million rows. Each row has certain number ranging between 1 to 30733090. What I want is to count the rows between each 1000 intervals. 1-1000 4000 1001-2000 2469 ... ... ... ... last 1000 interval Thanks, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Limit: stacksize: Can't remove limit

Hi all, I'm using to Solaris machine. When I run a simple script this messenger come out:"limit: stacksize: Can't remove limit". Any one know the way to resolve this problem without reboot the machine? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diabolist9
3 Replies

10. Programming

Invalid conversion from char* to char

Pointers are seeming to get the best of me and I get that error in my program. Here is the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #define REPORTHEADING1 " Employee Pay Hours Gross Tax Net\n" #define REPORTHEADING2 " Name ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Plum
1 Replies
curs_instr(3X)															    curs_instr(3X)

NAME
instr, innstr, winstr, winnstr, mvinstr, mvinnstr, mvwinstr, mvwinnstr - get a string of characters from a curses window SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int instr(char *str); int innstr(char *str, int n); int winstr(WINDOW *win, char *str); int winnstr(WINDOW *win, char *str, int n); int mvinstr(int y, int x, char *str); int mvinnstr(int y, int x, char *str, int n); int mvwinstr(WINDOW *win, int y, int x, char *str); int mvwinnstr(WINDOW *win, int y, int x, char *str, int n); DESCRIPTION
These routines return a string of characters in str, extracted starting at the current cursor position in the named window. Attributes are stripped from the characters. The four functions with n as the last argument return a leading substring at most n characters long (exclu- sive of the trailing NUL). RETURN VALUE
All of the functions return ERR upon failure, or the number of characters actually read into the string. NOTES
Note that all routines except winnstr may be macros. PORTABILITY
The XSI Curses error conditions EILSEQ and EILOVERFLOW associated with extended-level conformance are not yet detected (this implementation does not yet support XPG4 multibyte characters). SVr4 does not document whether a length limit includes or excludes the trailing NUL. The ncurses library extends the XSI description by allowing a negative value for n. In this case, the functions return the string ending at the right margin. SEE ALSO
curses(3X). curs_instr(3X)