Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: parent shell pid
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parent shell pid Post 302105010 by aigles on Tuesday 30th of January 2007 07:59:51 AM
Old 01-30-2007
Try this:
Code:
ps -p $$ -o ppid=

Jean-Pierre.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executing in parent shell.

I have a script that I want to run in my current shell. I know that if I start it with a period ie '. myprogram' that this will cause it to run in my current shell instead of starting a new shell for it. What if I forgot to put the period. Is there some command that I can put in 'myprogram'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alan Bird
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Environment Variable Parent PID

I have always used the "$$" environment variable to find the current process number. Is there any similar way or perhaps something else to easily find the parent process number? I realize I could do something like ps and grep for the process and cut or awk out the parent process but I wanted to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parent shell is waiting upon the child shell

Hi, I haev to devlop a script which when executed will take in a sudo privelege and run a set of commands then will go back to parent shell and execute the rest of the command But the problem I am facing is that when the script is executed it takes the sudo privelege but it waits for the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruchirmayank
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

full path of a file situated either in parent's dir. or parent's parent dir. so on...

hi experts(novice people can stay away as it is no child's game), i am developing a script which works like recycle bin of windows. the problem i am facing is that when ever i am trying to delete a file which is situated in parent directory or parent's parent directory i am unable to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yahoo!
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

input to Parent shell

how can we give input to parent shell? i mean shell that is creating a child and our c prograame will run on that child..and then it return to parent shell.. what i want to do i want execute a c programe that will give command as input to parent shell & get output from parent shell and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gajju
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for getting pid of spawn processes from shell

Hi, I am new this forum. I request you peoples help in understanding and finding some solution to my problem. Here it goes: I need to perform this set of actions by writing a shell script. I need to read a config file for the bunch of processes to execute. I need to fecth the pid of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin4sachi
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

executing a command on parent shell

Hi, I am logging in from my PC terminal to a linux host using ssh. Is it possible to execute a command on the parent PC terminal from the linux host during login. NOte that the parent PC does not have sshd running. Sam (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sardare
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to grep parent process PID in shell scripting

hi all, for an example: $ ps -ef | grep apache | awk '{ print $2, $3 }' 24073 11784 28021 1 28022 1 28038 1 28041 28040 28045 28041 28047 28041 28040 1 28049 28041 28051 28041 28053 28041 28030 1 28054 28041 28055 28041 28056 28041 28057 28041 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill a process from parent shell within a shell script

Hi, I am looking for a solution for the following problem: Im Using tcpdump within a shellskript started in a subshell by using brackets: ( /usr/sbin/tcpdump -i ... -c 1 ) - I want the outout of tcpdump saved in a variable - Than tcpdump-Process in the Subshell should be killed - and I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2retti
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the parent PID only in Solaris?

Hi, I am using this command fuser_result=`fuser -f /web/$1/admin-*/logs/access` to get the parent pid of the process. However, The output differs and at times it shows two pids instead of one thus failing the logic of my script. See output below: bash-3.2$ fuser -f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)