Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: adding long user name
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers adding long user name Post 302104991 by aladdin on Tuesday 30th of January 2007 06:01:43 AM
Old 01-30-2007
adding long user name

hello everybody:
I need to add a 10 character user name to my tru64 system, is there any work around I can use for that.

thanks alot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NIS + adding a new user

I'm setting up NIS+ on Solaris 8 for Intel. None of the books I have explain how to add a new user in the NIS+ envoirnment. Can somebody explain this and are there any url's to get more info. I have populated the nis tables and can do an niscat of the passwd table. There is an nisgrpadd command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: txpjl
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a user to a group

Now, its been a while since i done this but I had to add a user to a group. I did that by using the usermod command and now when I superuser to the user's account and issue a "id", i get the desired gid. i mean, output of id indicated the user is assigned to the group i want him to be in. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
5 Replies

3. Solaris

adding a user in single user mode

Just got a solaris 8 blade 150 box with no users, only a root account. no one seems to know the password. I'd like to add one user. So I booted into single user mode via cdrom and added one. Can't seem to login using the new account, though. Here's what I'm using: # useradd -d /tmp/"user" -m... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
1 Replies

4. SCO

adding a user

In SCO Unix, where does useradd or adding a user through scoadmin (gui) pick the initial default .profile (login profile) that is put in the users home folder? In Solaris its in the /etc/skel/.profile. I would like to replace it with a custom .profile; so that it's picked automatically when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: othman
1 Replies

5. Solaris

help adding a new user/password

I just installed Solaris 10 yesterday and I need to create a new username and password. I'm new to the system and I have yet to learn my way around. I appreciate all help and thank you in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bones
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Adding user

Hello All, New to Solaris, I added a new user by cmd " useradd -d /export/home/username -m username " but wondered when I tried to login with this new username, It doesn't automatically redirect to the user's home folder. Can anyone suggest about this? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
9 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Change Long User Name THrough The Terminal

Hello, I was wondering how to change a user's Long Name through the terminal. I am writing a shell script to change some settings back to the default, and could not find how to do this (or even if you can do this). I do not want to use applescript. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Reepr
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding a user to cron.allow

Hello all, I have solaris 10. I have have a script that installs crontab for a user. I want to add some more features to this script. I want to check whether the user exists in etc/cron.d/cron.allow ... if yes then continue the script without adding .... if not, then add that user to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MisterKhan
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a new user to Unix

Hi, I have my new Unix machine setup. Its just have one user root. I need to create a new user and add it to a group. I want this user to have privileges as root(run all command). I know i need to use useradd command for this.My question is: 1) To which group i should add my user? DO i need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kailash19
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Long List Of Large Numbers

Hi All, I have a file with long list of numbers. This file contains only one column. These numbers are very large. I am using following command: cat myfile.txt | awk '{ sum+=$1} END {print sum}' The output is coming in scientific notation. How do I get the result in proper format? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
4 Replies
XScreenSaver(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   XScreenSaver(1)

NAME
xjack - all work and no play makes jack a dull boy SYNOPSIS
xjack [-display host:display.screen] [-foreground color] [-background color] [-window] [-root] [-delay usecs] DESCRIPTION
All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. XENVIRONMENT All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997 by Jamie Zawinski. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a fnord dull boy. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy. AUTHOR
Jamie Zawinski <jwz@jwz.org>, 15-Nov-97. X Version 11 18-sep-97 XScreenSaver(1)