Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Linux administration course outline Post 302104909 by _Spare_Ribs_ on Monday 29th of January 2007 01:13:04 PM
Old 01-29-2007
I agree with Radar in that kernel compilation should definitely be left for a more advanced course. A couple of other suggestions to the list might be basic shell scripting, also perhaps a brief section on disaster recovery / backup

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Administration

I have been working with UNIX (HP-UX) now for a couple of years. Have become quite capable in shell scripting and general UNIX use. The local university offers a certification course in UNIX administration which I am considering taking. However, the certification is geared toward UNIX in general... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Administration

I have an application that runs on Unix and the user administration is managed at a Unix level. The application has an application ID which is linked to the user ids which are created at Unix level. Can you please help if I can be able to track which user used the Application ID and what action was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kopano
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Patch Administration

Hi, I want to set upa centralised server for downloading patches from the internet and all my clients should use that central server to download patches and upgrade. Could someone please help me in doing this. Thanks, Trimu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktrimu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove ":" and join lines in outline file

I have a vim outliner file like this: Title title 2 :Testing now :testing 2 :testing 3 title 3 :testing :ttt :ttg Is there a way to use a script or command to remove... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jostber
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative Scripting Language for UNIX/Linux System Administration

I do not know UNIX shell scripting so as an alternative which language would you think is better for daily System Administration tasks. Perl or PHP? I know a little about both. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackopus
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Centralizing Administration

Hi guys. I work in an environment that caters to 150 + Solaris servers. I was wondering whether there is an application/Software that can be used to centralize Administration. e.g. If a new member comes into the team , I am required to go onto every server and create his login. Is there a system... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
1 Replies
BACKUP_APROPOS(8)					       AFS Command Reference						 BACKUP_APROPOS(8)

NAME
backup_apropos - Displays each help entry containing a keyword string SYNOPSIS
backup apropos -topic <help string> [-help] backup ap -t <help string> [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup apropos command displays the first line of the online help entry for any backup command that has in its name or short description the string specified by the -topic argument. To display the syntax for a command, use the backup help command. OPTIONS
-topic <help string> Specifies the keyword string to match, in lowercase letters only. If the string is more than a single word, surround it with double quotes (" ") or other delimiters. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The first line of a command's online help entry names it and briefly describes its function. This command displays the first line for any backup command where the string specified with the -topic argument is part of the command name or first line. EXAMPLES
The following example lists all backup commands that include the word "tape" in their names or short descriptions: % backup apropos tape labeltape: label a tape readlabel: read the label on tape scantape: dump information recovery from tape status: get tape coordinator status PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_help(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_APROPOS(8)