Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PuTTY 0.59
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements PuTTY 0.59 Post 302104616 by pressy on Friday 26th of January 2007 07:35:42 AM
Old 01-26-2007
PuTTY 0.59

On my opinion, one of the best ssh/telnet clients for windows, putty released a new version:

Get it here, PuTTY 0.59

- PuTTY can now connect to local serial ports as well as making network connections.
- Improved speed of SSH, particularly SSH-2 key exchange and public-key authentication
- Improved SFTP throughput

PuTTY Change Log

regards pressy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

putty

i am connecting to a unix-application using putty (xp). sometime, it is as if the putty is sending a form-feed char, because i am getting a blank screen, and by back scrolling i see the previous screen with all the related data. if i am using the xp-telnet, i get the screen/data correctly. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mifa-system
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PuTTY TITLE

Is it possible to set the PuTTY title to show the current hostname of the terminal opened? I meant to say I would be rlogin between servers, that should be updated in PuTTTY title ? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ./hari.sh
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Putty session

Dear all, We have a practice of getting user's passwords expired after 60 days and a strong password policy. When a user tries to enter a password which is not compliant to the policy which is set putty exists without giving any feedback to the user. Below is something i captured from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't login through putty

I am changing root password by passwd. Now I can directly log into the system but I can not log in using puttytel. It will show an error "Incorrect Password":rolleyes: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arrs
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

putty script

i was having problem on unix command.here's my script set server_exe="C:\filecopy\putty.exe" %server_exe% sgxaspecs3@sporc01 -pw pit54321 -b c:\filecopy\file_sporc01putfiles2.txt echo "file uploaded to SFTP Server" pause ok the thing is like this, i could login to putty by running this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dannyd_y
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK in Putty

I am a beginner with shell script and AWK. I use PUTTY to write shell script. Can I create new AWK script using vi command? I tried sample.awk. But everytime I open this file, the file does not retain anything I typed in. Also, once AWK program is written, how do I execute it? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sangtha
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help for PuTTy.

I'm using PuTTY to establish a SSH connection to a remote UNIX machine. I need to fetch a file from the remote system into my local Windows system. Is it possible? If yes, how can I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agnivaccent
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

putty and Redhat

Hi, I use putty and vncviewer on XP to get screen form the RH Enterprise ws 6.0 . Although it has high quality of graphics scrolling down leads to blinks on screen which is annoying while using EDA design tools. Is there anyway to utilize putty (with some extra tool) so that EDA design tool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: titanic
2 Replies

9. Solaris

getting to the ok prompt from putty

Hello, I am connected to my sunblade 1500 using putty. I am trying to do an installation from putty. Which command do I give to get to the ok prompt? Thanks for your help. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding PUTTY

Hello Forum members There is no any time parameter on putty so how can I stay my putty ssh session always Alive? So please reply to my querry. I am looking forward from Forum. Advance Thanks Siva. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
5 Replies
XRLOGIN(1)						      General Commands Manual							XRLOGIN(1)

NAME
xrlogin - start an xterm that uses ssh (or optionally rlogin or telnet) to connect to a remote host SYNOPSIS
xrlogin [-l username] [-rlogin|-telnet] [xterm options] remote-host DESCRIPTION
Xrlogin opens an xterm window and runs ssh, rlogin or telnet to login to a remote host. Xrlogin automatically passes the -name argument to xterm with a value of "xterm-hostname" where hostname is the name of the remote host. This allows the user to specify resources in their server's resource manager which are specific to xterms from a given host. For example, this feature can be used to make all xterm windows to a given remote host be the same color or use a specific font or start up in a spe- cific place on the screen. Xrsh(1) passes the same string so they are compatible in this regard. Xrlogin specifies that the default title for the new xterm will be "hostname" where hostname is the name of the remote host. This and the -name argument above can be overridden with xterm-options on the command line. One could also use xrlogin's sister command xrsh(1) to open a window to a remote host. In the case of xrsh, the xterm would run on the remote host and use X as the connection protocol while xrlogin would run the xterm on the local host and use rlogin or telnet as the con- nection protocol. See xrsh(1) for a discussion of the merits of each scheme. OPTIONS
-l username When not using -telnet, use username as the id to login to the remote host. -rlogin Use the rlogin protocol to open the connection. In general rlogin is preferred because it can be configured to not prompt the user for a password. Rlogin also automatically propagates window size change signals (SIGWINCH) to the remote host so that applications running there will learn of a new window size. -telnet Use the -telnet protocol to open the connection. Use of telnet provided mostly for hosts that don't support rlogin. COMMON PROBLEMS
Make sure that the local host is specified in the .rhosts file on the remote host or in the remote hosts /etc/hosts.equiv file. See rlogin(1) for more information. EXAMPLES
xrlogin -bg red yoda Start a local red xterm which connects to the remote host yoda using rlogin. xrlogin -telnet c70 Open a local xterm which connects to the remote host c70 using telnet. SEE ALSO
xrsh(1), rlogin(1), telnet(1) AUTHOR
James J. Dempsey <jjd@jjd.com> and Stephen Gildea <gildea@intouchsys.com>. X Version 11 Release 6 XRLOGIN(1)