Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cron entry
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cron entry Post 302104398 by rujus on Thursday 25th of January 2007 04:31:59 AM
Old 01-25-2007
the log which has given in job scheduled is throwing 0 bytes file.but when it runs manaully the log is updating appropraite.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Cron entry

Hi All, I want to run a cron job to run on the first saturday of each month at 1:30am. Would the following entry suffice this condition 30 1 6 * 6 wall %Will this work% Appreciate your time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rramanuj
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron Entry

Hi folks, I have got the following cron entry ... 08 30 * * * /mp1/scripts/test.sh > /mp1/scripts/test_logs.txt 2>&1 The problem is that instead of generating a new test_logs.txt file every time it keeps on appending the outputs to the test_logs.txt file. What is it that I am doing wrong... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

not able to locate the cron entry

Hi, I am new to unix. I have once made an entry into cron file for one scirpt to run. The script sends me email. But i want the script entry removed from the cron file. But i am not able to find the entry in cron file. When i do crontab -e it shows content of the file but my script is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajincoep
3 Replies

4. Solaris

User entry in both cron.allow and cron.deny

Hello All, Anybody please help me to know ,what happens when a user having entry in both cron.allow and cron.deny files.Wheather the user will be able to access the crontab??? Thanks in advance Vaisakh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksvaisakh
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron entry

Can someone please quickly respond to this? I need to have a script test.sh to run every 30 minutes from Monday to Saturday from 6am to 10pm as a crontab entry... Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: everurs789
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron entry

Hi, I need some clarification on cron entries. I have a cron job like.. 15 01 19 02 6 exec /usr/bin/test.ksh and I have another cron entry added, which is 15 01 20 02 6 exec /usr/bin/test.ksh So, I am thinking the second cron entry shouldn't have run because 02/20 is Sunday, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: everurs789
1 Replies

7. Solaris

cron entry

Hi, I have to add two cron entry now. Please correct me if anything wrong Below script should run at every one and half hour. 30 01 * * * /export/home/gxadm/scripts/collect_mq_info.pl $HOME/GCSS/logs > /dev/null 2>&1 Below script should run at every 2 hours 0 02 * * *... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron JOb Entry

Hi All, i have a folder in a server say xxx.xx.xx.xx\abcd\efgh. i want to make a cron job entry so that i would get a mail (me@example.com) on business days. will this help me... 30 4 * * 1-5 cd \abcd\efgh|ls-ltr|mailx:me@example.comhttps://www.unix.com/images/editor/code.png (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh300182
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Cron entry not running

Hi I have one entry in my crontab that do not run, in cron, but it runs manually: 53 7 * * * /moneta_polled01/download/./get_dealer.sh 55 7 * * * /moneta_polled01/download/./mov_dealer.sh The first entry do not run automatically, but it runs manually. The second entry runs... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
12 Replies

10. Solaris

Cron entry

Hi I have a system running solaris 11, in which I am able to execute a script from the command line, but once I put i the crontab does run, but do not give results. The entry is: 15 11 * * * /var/oswbb/./startOSWbb.sh >> myjob.log 2>&1 30 11 * * * /var/oswbb/./stopOSWbb.sh I have check... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies
condor_wait(1)						      General Commands Manual						    condor_wait(1)

Name
       condor_wait Wait - for jobs to finish

Synopsis
       condor_wait [-help -version]

condor_wait[-debug] [-wait seconds] [-num number-of-jobs] log-file[job ID]

Description
       condor_waitwatches  a  user  log file (created with the logcommand within a submit description file) and returns when one or more jobs from
       the log have completed or aborted.

Because condor_waitexpects to find at least one job submitted event in the log file, at least one job must have been successfully submitted
       with condor_submitbefore condor_waitis executed.

condor_waitwill wait forever for jobs to finish, unless a shorter wait time is specified.

Options
       -help

Display usage information

-version

Display version information

-debug

Show extra debugging information.

-wait seconds

Wait no more than the integer number of seconds. The default is unlimited time.

-num number-of-jobs

Wait for the integer number-of-jobsjobs to end. The default is all jobs in the log file.

log file

The name of the log file to watch for information about the job.

job ID

A  specific job or set of jobs to watch. If the job IDis only the job ClassAd attribute  ClusterId , then condor_wait waits for all jobs
	  with the given  ClusterId . If the job IDis a pair of the job ClassAd attributes, given by  ClusterId . ProcId , then condor_wait  waits
	  for  the specific job with this job ID. If this option is not specified, all jobs that exist in the log file when condor_wait is invoked
	  will be watched.

General Remarks
       condor_waitis an inexpensive way to test or wait for the completion of a job or a whole cluster, if you are trying to get a process outside
       of Condor to synchronize with a job or set of jobs.

It can also be used to wait for the completion of a limited subset of jobs, via the -numoption.

Examples
       condor_wait  logfile

This command waits for all jobs that exist in  logfile to complete.

condor_wait  logfile 40

This command waits for all jobs that exist in  logfile with a job ClassAd attribute  ClusterId of 40 to complete.

condor_wait  -num 2 logfile

This command waits for any two jobs that exist in  logfile to complete.

condor_wait  logfile 40.1

This command waits for job 40.1 that exists in  logfile to complete.

condor_wait  -wait 3600 logfile 40.1

This waits for job 40.1 to complete by watching	logfile , but it will not wait more than one hour (3600 seconds).

Exit Status
       condor_waitexits  with  0  if and only if the specified job or jobs have completed or aborted. condor_waitreturns 1 if unrecoverable errors
       occur, such as a missing log file, if the job does not exist in the log file, or the user-specified waiting time has expired.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright (C) 1990-2012 Condor Team, Computer Sciences Department, University of  Wisconsin-Madison,  Madison,  WI.  All  Rights  Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012						    condor_wait(1)