Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: top biggest files
Operating Systems Solaris top biggest files Post 302104342 by reborg on Wednesday 24th of January 2007 09:08:58 PM
Old 01-24-2007
It would be slow and not very efficient, but this would work.

Code:
find / -type f -ls | awk '{print $7,$11}' | sort -n | tail -10

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The biggest newb ever...

Hi, all you unix people. I am a pretty advanced windows user, but I am curious about unix. Is there any reason I should attempt to acquire some form of unix for my home computer system? What sort of things is unix useful for? Unix is open source, right? Assuming that to be the case, I infer that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BoneMalone
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding biggest number

I think my script is working but i am trying to understand while I am tracing to see if it's realli working.. can somebody please comment.. also. is there different way to write this in shell? sh -x findbiggestnum 1 2 3 + big=0 + big=1 + big=2 + big=3 + echo 3 3 big=0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hankooknara
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list top 10 files

Hello everybody; I am new to unix. Thanks for creating such a informative forum, I wanted to know that how can i list top 10 files in my current dir. which were accesed recently by using ls command. Thank You. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish_1983
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check top 5 biggest disk space users

Hi all, I am needing a bash shell script to generate a list of the top 5 users using the most disk space. I am thinking that the du command would be used somehow but I am at a loss. Can anyone help? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sytemx
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sort biggest most recent files

if i am in /tmp file, and i have a few DIRs under /tmp. i want to find the biggest and most recent files (from 7 days ago) in /tmp and subfolders. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Top 5 biggest file

Hi , I need to get a list of name and size , of the the top 5 biggest file under the current directory , in decending order Thank You (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

Biggest files on FS /

Hi! I'm using Unix HP I'm looking for a command which find the 20 (less or more) biggest files on / but which exclude every other files system Thanks;) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List biggest files (Not Directories)

Hello, can you please help me writing a command that would output the biggest files on my system from biggest to smallest? I want this to print only the files, not the directories. I have tried du -a ~ | sort -nr | head -10 However, this also prints out all the directories - which I do... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonydaniels1980
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to get the biggest partition with awk

# fdisk -l /dev/sda Disk /dev/sda: 1000.2 GB, 1000204886016 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 121601 cylinders, total 1953525168 sectors Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes Disk... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep 5 biggest column

please help, file1.txt id,week,ict,outgoing_call,blackberry_problem,gprs_problem,sms_problem,flash_problem,sinyal_lemah,blankspot,incoming_call,mms_problem,kualitas_suara,drop_call,data_probl em,cross_connect,connect_no_voice,vas_problem ,1,sumbagsel,96,127,52,70,28,29,21,18,18,8,5,3,0,0,3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radius
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)