Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to Find AIX system parameters Post 302104333 by R00tSc0rpi0n on Wednesday 24th of January 2007 08:14:35 PM
Old 01-24-2007
How to Find AIX system parameters

System Parameters:
maximum number of processes = 2048

Network parameters:
ipqmaxlen - 512
rfc1323 - 1
sb_max - 1310720 (2*655360)
tcp_recvspace - 65536
tcp_sendspace - 65536
Udp_recvspace - 655360
Udp_sendspace 65536

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

AIX: Default Password Parameters

I am working on AIX flavor of Unix and was trying to run a script to obtain default settings of user passwords. The script uses the command to obtain default valid user attributes for: /etc/security/user for some reason, the message says- cat: cannot open /etc/security/user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eysheikah
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to find parameters?

I have a shell script and i pass 3 parameters to it. Just give you an example test.sh a=y/n b=y/n c=y/n Pass y/n to a, b and c then it will decide what to do. test.sh a=y b=n c=n What i would like to do is rather then passing 3 parameter just pass a=y (only a is doing something like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: J_ang
2 Replies

3. Solaris

rsh commands not getting executed from Solaris 10 System to AIX System

Hi Friends, I am trying to execute rsh commands from Solaris 10 system to AIX system. When I give; Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ls -l , it gives me an error rshd : 0826-826 The host name for your address is not known At the same time, Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ---- gives me remote shell of... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
25 Replies

4. Programming

c++ : Use of System() to execute .exe with parameters

Hello, I 've trie to execute a a program with parameters unsuccessfully and i take the above message : "The system cannot find the path specified." I used a variaton of the above command : system("\"C:\\xxx\\xxx\\xxx.exe -xxx -xxx xxx.xxx xxx.xxx xxx.xxx\""); Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eusta
4 Replies

5. AIX

AIX 6.1 Kernal Parameters ulimit

Hello, How can I setup the ulimit for memory permanent ulimit -m unlimited ulimit -a Output from the ulimit command should be similar to the following:time(seconds) unlimited file(blocks) unlimited data(kbytes) 2097152 stack(kbytes) 32768... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
4 Replies

6. AIX

System Parameters

Hi, Does anyone know what the System Parameter 'SHMSZ' is and how do I find it? I'm looking for the shared memory size of this particular parameter. Thanks. ---------- Post updated at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:31 AM ---------- Does SHMSZ mean 'Shared Memory SiZe? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to get system parameters / information on Sun Solaris 5.10

Hello to everyone, i am new to Sun Solaris. i have Solaris 5.10 installed on the X86 platform. i am writing a script which gathers some system information. but i can not find some of the parameter from the system can any one please suggest to way to find these params. shell command will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikhil.sigpro
1 Replies

8. AIX

Where is the same TCP parameters in AIX?

I am try to tuning a parameter in AIX 5L and 6 (for performance issue.) I find a link(https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=886358) The thread mention two parameter below, I can use "ndd" command to tuning. tcp_deferred_ack_interval = 2 tcp_deferred_ack_max = 2 but I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
3 Replies

9. AIX

Network tuning parameters on AIX

Hi, we've a gigabit Ethernet adapter. And we wanted to improve the performance by tuning network parameters. so' as per IBM info center, http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/aix/v7r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.aix.prftungd%2Fdoc%2Fprftungd%2Fnetw_opt.htm we tried changing the tuning... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
2 Replies

10. AIX

Command to find file system details on AIX

Hi , Could you please tell me how to find the following on AIX? 1.Command to find file system details? 2.What are all the files exist under a specific directory along with their sizes? In general we use, du -sh * | grep M under a directory which returns files having size of MB,... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
18 Replies
semmsl(5)							File Formats Manual							 semmsl(5)

NAME
semmsl - maximum number of System V IPC semaphores per identifier VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values DESCRIPTION
The tunable specifies the maximum number of individual System V IPC semaphores per semaphore identifier (ID). If an application attempts to exceed this limit, it will receive an error from For more information about System V semaphores, refer to the section of the sema(5) manpage. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? If applications require a larger number of semaphores per ID. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? If application requirements for semaphores per ID has decreased or there is a need to protect against ill-behaved applications. What Other Tunable Values Should Be Changed at the Same Time? All the System V semaphore tunables are interrelated and should not be treated as independent variables. The tunables must be evaluated as a system to ensure they reflect the application requirements. The semaphore tunables include and Specifically, a change in the tunable may require a change in the tunable. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Prior to HP-UX 11i Version 1 the maximum number of semaphores per ID was an undocumented constant 2048 in the header file Typically appli- cations do not depend upon this limitation. For those that were compiled with the old constant, tunable values higher than 2048 will gen- erally not be a problem. However, tunable values lower than 2048 may cause other such applications to fail. These should be recoded to obtain the current value from pstat_getipc(2). Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by AT&T. SEE ALSO
semget(2), sema(5), semaem(5), semmns(5), semmni(5), semmnu(5), semume(5), semvmx(5), sysv_hash_locks(5). Tunable Kernel Parameters semmsl(5)