Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Loop through files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Loop through files Post 302104263 by Glenn Arndt on Wednesday 24th of January 2007 10:33:53 AM
Old 01-24-2007
Code:
for myfile in CC*; do
  # Do stuff here
  print $myfile
  # etc.
done

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through files in a directory

Hi, I want to write bash script that will keep on looking for files in a directory and if any file exists, it processes them. I want it to be a background process, which keeps looking for files in a directory. Is there any way to do that in bash script? I can loop through all the files like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rladda
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading from 2 files through while loop

hi i have two files cat input.txt 123456| 43256 456482|5893242 cat data.txt xv 123456 abcd dsk sd 123456 afsfn dd df 43256 asdf ff ss 456482 aa sf 5893242 ff ff aa 5893242 aa aa i need to read inputs from input.txt and find data for data.txt. then i need to print them as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: windows
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep Different Files Using a Loop?

I have a script to GREP for a text expression within certain files, the files being named file.11012008 thru file.11302008. 30 files in all, one for each day of the month. Instead of entering the following 3 lines of code 30 different times, I'm trying to find a way to loop the process: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: foleyml
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

For loop using 2 files

Hi all, Can anyone shed any light on the following problem? I have 2 columns in File1: 10 8 30 44 50 59 94 96 ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_sabz
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop through files in directory

hi all i have some files present in a directory i want to loop through all the files in the directory each time i loop i should change the in_file parameter in the control file and load it into a table using sql loader there is only one table where i have to load alll the files ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_tns
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop to copy like files

Hi, I need to write a script that copies all .zip files in the subdirectories of ~100 folders. No clue how to write a loop that goes into each folder, searches for a .zip file, and copies it and extracts it to a unique location. I imagine something like cp -f /home/folder1/*.zip... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nez
6 Replies

7. Linux

rename files using loop with different name

Hi, i need to write a shell script where i have to loop through all the file in a directory and rename them based on below condition. file1.dat file2.dat file3.dat the above files has to be moved to another directory like below file1_201001.dat file2_201002.dat file3_201003.dat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: feroz
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk_Compare two files with a loop

Hi, I have a small query when comparing two files with awk. I have a small piece of code running in a shell. See below: gawk -F"," 'NR == FNR { A=1; next } \!A' OFS="," 2011.csv 2012.csv > diff_2012.csv The code works fine (Note I had to escape the ! with \! to run in shell). What I want... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: theflamingmoe
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop over files and use awk

Hi, I have a large number of files which are numbered numerically, i.e. of the type 1.usr, 2.usr, 3.usr ... This is what I'd like to do: 1. In ascending order, use awk to read a value from each file. 2. Write this value to another file (say data.txt). This file, 'data.txt' should be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
4 Replies
IO::Async::PID(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       IO::Async::PID(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::PID" - event callback on exit of a child process SYNOPSIS
use IO::Async::PID; use POSIX qw( WEXITSTATUS ); use IO::Async::Loop; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop->new; my $kid = $loop->fork( code => sub { print "Child sleeping.. "; sleep 10; print "Child exiting "; return 20; }, ); print "Child process $kid started "; my $pid = IO::Async::PID->new( pid => $kid, on_exit => sub { my ( $self, $exitcode ) = @_; printf "Child process %d exited with status %d ", $self->pid, WEXITSTATUS($exitcode); }, ); $loop->add( $pid ); $loop->run; DESCRIPTION
This subclass of IO::Async::Notifier invokes its callback when a process exits. For most use cases, a IO::Async::Process object provides more control of setting up the process, connecting filehandles to it, sending data to and receiving data from it. EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_exit $exitcode Invoked when the watched process exits. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": pid => INT The process ID to watch. Must be given before the object has been added to the containing "IO::Async::Loop" object. on_exit => CODE CODE reference for the "on_exit" event. Once the "on_exit" continuation has been invoked, the "IO::Async::PID" object is removed from the containing "IO::Async::Loop" object. METHODS
$process_id = $pid->pid Returns the underlying process ID $pid->kill( $signal ) Sends a signal to the process AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::PID(3pm)