Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disable wildcard
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Disable wildcard Post 302104247 by radoulov on Wednesday 24th of January 2007 08:36:55 AM
Old 01-24-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock
I can extract all strings start with abc (like abc*) with the symbol '^'. Is there any similiar method to handle the wildcard situation?

e.g.
cat /home/source_file.dat | awk -f /home/filter.awk criteria1=^abc > /home/destn_file.dat
Code:
awk -f /home/filter.awk criteria1="^\\\*"  \
/home/source_file.dat > /home/destn_file.dat

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find wildcard .shtml files in wildcard directories and removing them- How's it done?

I'm trying to figure out how to build a small shell script that will find old .shtml files in every /tgp/ directory on the server and delete them if they are older than 10 days... The structure of the paths are like this: /home/domains/www.domain2.com/tgp/ /home/domains/www.domain3.com/tgp/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neko
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wildcard

what will the cmd below do? ls *.3 1 members mentions that to seek all permutations and combinations of the mp3 extension ill have to use curly braces, {} and not, . what then will do? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

wildcard

Hi, I have this code to search all "cif" files using wildcard for file in *.cif do grep "Uiso" $file | awk '{ print $3, $4, $5 }' > tet done I get this error "grep: *.cif: No such file or directory" Please where am I going wrong!!! Thank you in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: princessotes
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wildcard help

Can someone please explain the wildcards in this. How is this recursive? When I put this in my terminal it recursively displayed everything. ls .* * (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use wildcard * in if?

Hi, Can anyone help me how to use * in if statement. File contains below line1:a|b|c|Apple-RED| line2:c|d|e|Apple-Green| line3:f|g|h|Orange| I need to find line by line 4th field contains 'Apple' or not. Please help me at the earliest. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jam_prasanna
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

wildcard help!!

i have got heaps of files (.pdf, .txt and .doc) files in one folder, i am making a program in PERL that helps me find the files i want easier using shell wildcard, something like this!! print "Enter a pattern: (must be in )"; $input = <STDIN>; if (The input is in and valid wildcard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshell_1214
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wildcard in ls

Hi Experts, I want to use ls in the below form: ls -l *.{txt,TXT} (working fine) but when i am declaring a variable, VAR="*.{txt,TXT}" ls -l $VAR is not working. Please help. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugarcane
4 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Help with wildcard

CD_numb is AM017 this code: set the_Firstcom_CD to (do shell script "ls -d '/volumes/audioNAS/Firstcom/Access Music/' ") & CD_numb gives me this: "/volumes/audioNAS/Firstcom/Access Music/AM017" the item I am looking for is AM017Q. I can get the "*" syntax right so it never finder... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbrady
7 Replies
ExtUtils::Command(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				    ExtUtils::Command(3pm)

NAME
ExtUtils::Command - utilities to replace common UNIX commands in Makefiles etc. SYNOPSIS
perl -MExtUtils::Command -e cat files... > destination perl -MExtUtils::Command -e mv source... destination perl -MExtUtils::Command -e cp source... destination perl -MExtUtils::Command -e touch files... perl -MExtUtils::Command -e rm_f files... perl -MExtUtils::Command -e rm_rf directories... perl -MExtUtils::Command -e mkpath directories... perl -MExtUtils::Command -e eqtime source destination perl -MExtUtils::Command -e test_f file perl -MExtUtils::Command -e test_d directory perl -MExtUtils::Command -e chmod mode files... ... DESCRIPTION
The module is used to replace common UNIX commands. In all cases the functions work from @ARGV rather than taking arguments. This makes them easier to deal with in Makefiles. Call them like this: perl -MExtUtils::Command -e some_command some files to work on and NOT like this: perl -MExtUtils::Command -e 'some_command qw(some files to work on)' For that use Shell::Command. Filenames with * and ? will be glob expanded. FUNCTIONS cat cat file ... Concatenates all files mentioned on command line to STDOUT. eqtime eqtime source destination Sets modified time of destination to that of source. rm_rf rm_rf files or directories ... Removes files and directories - recursively (even if readonly) rm_f rm_f file ... Removes files (even if readonly) touch touch file ... Makes files exist, with current timestamp mv mv source_file destination_file mv source_file source_file destination_dir Moves source to destination. Multiple sources are allowed if destination is an existing directory. Returns true if all moves succeeded, false otherwise. cp cp source_file destination_file cp source_file source_file destination_dir Copies sources to the destination. Multiple sources are allowed if destination is an existing directory. Returns true if all copies succeeded, false otherwise. chmod chmod mode files ... Sets UNIX like permissions 'mode' on all the files. e.g. 0666 mkpath mkpath directory ... Creates directories, including any parent directories. test_f test_f file Tests if a file exists. Exits with 0 if it does, 1 if it does not (ie. shell's idea of true and false). test_d test_d directory Tests if a directory exists. Exits with 0 if it does, 1 if it does not (ie. shell's idea of true and false). dos2unix dos2unix files or dirs ... Converts DOS and OS/2 linefeeds to Unix style recursively. SEE ALSO
Shell::Command which is these same functions but take arguments normally. AUTHOR
Nick Ing-Simmons "ni-s@cpan.org" Maintained by Michael G Schwern "schwern@pobox.com" within the ExtUtils-MakeMaker package and, as a separate CPAN package, by Randy Kobes "r.kobes@uwinnipeg.ca". perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 ExtUtils::Command(3pm)