Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with user permission
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help with user permission Post 302104142 by lucasmarin on Tuesday 23rd of January 2007 04:23:32 PM
Old 01-23-2007
well guys, what can i say? thanks a lot to everyone... you gave me a lot of tools to work with.... now, when i have the time, ill get into it, to see what comes out, and i let you all know.
probably the easiest way is to use sudo, but what my boss wont like is the fact that i downloaded something from the outside of our network... i dont know how can i put it for you guys to understand how short his mind is... but that doesnt have anything to do with this forum...
i thank you all again

luc

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to give permission for a specified user

Hi All, How can i give permission for a specific user ( eg. admin ) ? I tried with chmod admin+r prog.sh which doesnt work. Is there any way i can specify a user's name and give the permission? Thanks in advance. Saneesh Joseph. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saneeshjose
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

start a program with other user's permission

I have some of programs in unix system which are to started with one_user say "xxxx". I have sudo permission if i start these programs with sudo it shows root permission. But i want these programs permession should be "xxxx". I tried "su user_name -c Program_name" but it is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthus2002
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User permission

Hi all, I created testuser. by following command. /usr/sbin/adduser -n test -d /disk05/collections/GET/testdata/ and then set its password by following command. passwd testuser When I login to system by testuser, it enters everything is ok. The problem is how to set permission to this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_bold
3 Replies

4. AIX

Permission to a external user to a file

Is there any possible way to give permission to a user to a file whose not a member of that group. Also the permission of the file shouls be given only to that USER but not all OTHERS. Thanks in Advance for ur replies/suggestions... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksailesh
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Granting user permission for public_html

I have problem giving user access to his public_html directory. While when I am logged as root I can access my files by going to www.myserver.com/file.htmlwhere file.html is actually on this path... var/www/file.htmlBut when user tries to access his file.html on this path.... ~user/file.html it... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: joker40
10 Replies

6. Solaris

User want to full root permission

hi guys.. how to give root permission for particular user tel me step by step (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with user rights (Permission denied)

I have a script that do read data for Munin Graph. My problem is that it have some reading problems, and I do not know how to fix it. script traf.sh (its not the complete script)#!/bin/sh PORT="80" NETDEVICE="eth0" IPTRAFlogdir="/var/log/iptraf" ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Special Permission for a user

Hi, I'm newbie to unix. There is a directory, say Testing/ under /home/user1. I have created a user by the name check. I was looking for a way to give the above user read & execute access only to this directory Testing/ while for other remaining files,directories,etc this user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: penqueen
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

User permission access

Hi folks, I am trying to grant the access like below items using the setfacl command, but i couldn't achieve as what I required. any other possibility. username : testing Readonly access in /form_dl/system/prd/logs Write only access in /form_dl/system/prd/deploy No access to other... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Setting write permission for particular user

Hi All, We have a scenario in production where we want only one user from a group to modify the file. The file is not set to write permission for application manager. -r--r--r-- 1 amgr u00 15661716 Aug 30 00:06 DCI.dat So here amgr will have permission to edit the file. We want a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
10 Replies
GVB(1)							      General Commands Manual							    GVB(1)

NAME
gvb - simulate 1 and 2-dimensional vibrations in a nice GUI SYNOPSIS
gvb DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the gvb command. gvb is a program that lets the user simulate waves and vibrations with given starting positions, calculation method and graphical appear- ance. It's easy to get the GUI nearly stuck if started with too much points; the maximum of points that an average computer can manage while remaining responsive is probably about 200. An exception is given by the fact that if you are dumping frames to create an animation, proba- bly you want a good quality and won't mind if the GUI is almost stuck. Also pay attention to the fact that the "eig" mode requires a lot of precalculation; in this mode, calculating in 2 dimensions with just 15 points per dimension can already require some minutes, depending on CPU power. SEE ALSO
gwave(1), LICENSE
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. AUTHOR
gvb and this manual page were written by Pietro Battiston <toobaz@email.it>. This manual page was written for the Debian project (but may be used by others). June 15, 2008 GVB(1)