Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: kshrc
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting kshrc Post 302104055 by gefa on Tuesday 23rd of January 2007 06:44:27 AM
Old 01-23-2007
Thanks for the advice, I managed to overcome the issue in the end by amending kshrc slightly.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

not able to execute .profile /.kshrc

Hi, I m new to Solaris CDE...earlier i was using Windows. Here is my problem.. i know that whatever the initial settings we need to execute,we can place them in .profile file. in my home dir (/home/venki),i have following files for that. .profile .profile.user .kshrc .kshrc.user ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venky
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

.profile not reading .kshrc

Can anyone tell me why .profile would not be reading my .kshrc file? O/S is SCO 5.06? I've placed echo's before & after setting ENV and nothing ... help? Thanks! Here's .profile ================================================== : # DoubleVision Pro's digiboard call during... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn shell .kshrc in sunos

Hi, My login shell is c shell I have a line in .cshrc like setenv a 1000 I have a line in .profile like ENV=$HOME/.kshrc export ENV and in my .kshrc a=10 export a I wrote one korn script #!/bin/ksh echo $a (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

.kshrc is not executing

Hi, I am facing two problems in my environment. Anyone can help on this? Thanks in advance. Problem 1 --------- When i login into my new unix system, only the .profile is executing. .kshrc is not executing. But my default shell is .ksh Any setup to be changed ? Problem 2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil_is
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Kshrc custom prompt will not work

So Yesterday I switched from Solus Linux to Fedora Linux 30, but I forgot to backup some of my dotfiles including kshrc. I am fairly new to Korn shell and do not know it well, but through memory I was able to at least get this. I did use code from several different source to recreate it. The only... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoomer
13 Replies
posix_fadvise(2)						System Calls Manual						  posix_fadvise(2)

NAME
posix_fadvise(), posix_fadvise64() - file advisory information SYNOPSIS
Parameters fd The open file descriptor to which the fadvise operation applies. offset The begining of the specified range as a positive, byte offset. len The length of the specified range in bytes. advice Specifies advice to be applied to range. DESCRIPTION
The function is used to advise the system about the expected behavior of the application with respect to the data in the file associated with the open file descriptor, fd, starting at offset and continuing for len bytes. The specified range need not currently exist in the file. If len is zero, all data following offset is specified. It should be noted that the effect of all hints is cumulative for a given file object. All hints will be removed on processing the last close of the file object. The function may be used for large file access by a 32-bit application built with set to 64. The advice parameter is used to convey the hint to be applied to the data and may be one of the following values: Specifies that the application has no advice to give on its behavior with respect to the specified data. It is the default characteristic if no advice is given for an open file. Specifies that the application expects to access the specified range of data sequentially from the lower offsets to higher offsets. Specifies that the application will expect to access the specified specified range of data in a random order. Specifies that the application will expect to access the specified range of data in the near future. Specifies that the application will expect that it will not access the specified range of data in the near future. Specifies that the application will expect to access the specified range of data once and then not reuse it thereafter. These values will be defined in RETURN VALUE
Successful completion. Failure. is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If the service fails, is set to one of the following values: The fd argument is not a valid file descriptor. The fd argument is associated with a pipe or FIFO. The posix_fadvise operation is not supported by the underlying file system. The value of advice or one of the other input values has been found to be invalid. A designated hint is not supported by the underlying file object. EXAMPLES
AUTHOR
was derived by HP from the IEEE POSIX 1003.1-2001 Standard. SEE ALSO
fadvise(2), fcntl(2), fadvise(5), fcntl(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
posix_fadvise(2)