Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Upgrading SSH
Operating Systems Solaris Upgrading SSH Post 302104011 by run_time_error on Tuesday 23rd of January 2007 01:24:19 AM
Old 01-23-2007
Upgrading SSH

Hi,

I have a sun box with Solaris 9 installed on it.
The SSH version is Sun_SSH_1.0 but I need to upgrade it to Sun_SSH_1.1.
Do I have to remove the SSH packages totally or is there any other alternative.

Thanks,
rte

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Upgrading to Solaris 8 from 2.6

Hello, First of all I don't know much about the different between sun or Solaris :confused: This is my scenario We have 6 WS and server running DNS, Oracle DB and Apache server. I type uname -a -- the result is "SunOS omjs06 5.6 Generic_105181-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-2" I guess... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: geoquest
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Upgrading Sudo

Hi all I am trying to upgrade Sudo on my Redhat Linu 7.0 box. I have obtained the latest version of Sudo (1.6.6) from http://www.courtesan.com/sudo/. THis is in the form of a src.rpm file. I am confused about installing this. How can I install from a source rpm. It does not upgrade the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skotapal
1 Replies

3. AIX

Upgrading from 5.1.0.0 to 5.2.0.0

As a fairly new Administrator to AIX i am a little leary of the OS upgrade I need to do on one of our servers. I have already upgraded the microcode to the lastest level and now need to do the OS. I have the docs and discs from IBM and have determined that I dont want to do a new installation but... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Target
5 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Upgrading PC Memory

hello folks, I am planning to upgrade my PC's ram. currently the ram I have is 2x256MB=512MB/133MHz (DDR266) - DDR SDRAM, PC-2100. My guess is that it has 184 Pins. I would like to get a DDR2 with 667MHz, 240 pin. Is it possible, since pins don't match. Do they have to match? (there are 3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies

5. AIX

Upgrading OS from 5.2 to 5.3

We currently have test and production servers running AIX 5.2, DB2 8.1(Prod), DB2 8.2(Test),Websphere 6.1 on both. We need to upgrade to DB2 to version 9, but to do that we also need to upgrade the operating system to 5.3 and go from 32 bit kernel to 64 bit kernal. Looking for information on any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
3 Replies

6. AIX

Upgrading Power5 from 5.3 to...

I have a power5 that I would like to update and bring everything forward. I am wondering about trouble-free upgrades. Is it better to go 5.3 -> 7 or 5.3 ->6 ->7? The power5 box is behind and hopefully can learn from experiences here. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redi
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Upgrading os to redhat 5.8

Hello All, I am trying to upgrade redhat from 5.6 to 5.8. When i use yum update -yit installs 5.9 I dont want 5.9, instead i would like to upgrade to 5.8 is there anyway to specify a version when you are doing yum update? thanks Continue here. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adam25ca
0 Replies

8. AIX

Upgrading PowerHA from 7.1.0 to 7.1.3

Hi All, As per the IBM upgrade/support matrix IBM Techdocs Technote: PowerHA for AIX Version Compatibility Matrix we can't do online upgrade or rolling migration from powerha v7.1.0 to v7.1.3. on AIX61_TL9_SP4, So we are following the steps as below ... 1 ) Bring down the cluster 2 )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux.amrit
2 Replies

9. AIX

Problem Upgrading OS

Hi I've just upgraded OS - using "Migration with nimadm". The Nim master is a Power 6 server, and the source is 6100-09-04-1441. The migration was successful with a Power 6 - Nim client, but there was a problem with Power 5 - Nim client : the OS remained 6100-00-09-0920 icapp1:/]oslevel -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
1 Replies
PAM_SSH(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						PAM_SSH(8)

NAME
pam_ssh -- authentication and session management with SSH private keys DESCRIPTION
The SSH authentication service module for PAM, pam_ssh provides functionality for two PAM categories: authentication and session management. SSH Authentication Module The SSH authentication component verifies the identity of a user by prompting the user for a passphrase and verifying that it can decrypt at least one of the user's SSH login keys using that passphrase. The following options may be passed to the authentication module: debug syslog(3) debugging information at LOG_DEBUG level. use_first_pass If the authentication module is not the first in the stack, and a previous module obtained the user's password, then that password is used to decrypt the user's SSH login keys. If this fails, then the authentication module returns failure without prompting the user for a passphrase. try_first_pass Similar to the use_first_pass option, except that if the previously obtained password fails to decrypt any of the SSH login keys, then the user is prompted for an SSH passphrase. try_first_pass has no effect if pam_ssh is the first module on the stack, or if no previous modules obtained the user's password. allow_blank_passphrase Allow SSH keys with no passphrase. If neither use_first_pass nor try_first_pass is specified, pam_ssh will unconditionally ask for an SSH passphrase. In addition to the above authentication procedure, all standard SSH keys (identity, id_rsa, id_dsa) for which the obtained password matches will be decrypted. SSH Session Management Module The SSH session management component initiates sessions by starting an SSH agent, passing it any SSH login keys it decrypted during the authentication phase, and sets the environment variables accordingly. The SSH session management component terminates the session by killing the previously started SSH agent by sending it a SIGTERM. The following options may be passed to the session management module: debug syslog(3) debugging information at LOG_DEBUG level. INFORMATION LEAKS
Be careful with the using the try_first_pass option when pam_ssh is the first authentication module because it will then leak information about existing users without login keys: such users will not be asked for a specific SSH passphrase, whereas non-existing users and existing users with login keys will be asked for a passphrase. FILES
$HOME/.ssh/identity $HOME/.ssh/id_rsa $HOME/.ssh/id_dsa OpenSSH DSA/RSA keys decrypted by pam_ssh. $HOME/.ssh/login-keys.d/ Location of (possibly symbolic links to) OpenSSH DSA/RSA keys used for authentication and decrypted by pam_ssh. /var/log/auth.log Usual log file for syslog(3) SEE ALSO
ssh-agent(1), syslog(3), pam.conf(5), pam(8). AUTHORS
Andrew J. Korty <ajk@iu.edu> wrote pam_ssh. Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote the original OpenPAM support code. Mark R V Murray wrote the original version of this manual page. Jens Peter Secher introduced the login-key concept. BSD
November 26, 2001 BSD