Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with crontab
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help with crontab Post 302103997 by reborg on Monday 22nd of January 2007 07:46:19 PM
Old 01-22-2007
update your script to use the full path to the sendmail binary.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab

Hi I have a shell script which works fine at the command line and does works in crontab also but does not send the output to mail as other scripts do by default. 10 1 * * * /export/home/test/report_script by default should send the output to mail but the script runs OK and the output... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about crontab

dear all , does any one now how can i become sure that the crontab that i put was working successfully not by looking for thr result of the sheduled task but from a log for the crontab or something similar and i need to check that the cron i wrote is correct 00 15 * * 0,1,2,3,6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab

How can I run "crontab" (parameters) every 6 hours on solaris machine? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gen4ik
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab

hi all how to schedule the crontab file in unix? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss4u
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Crontab

Hi All, I've a shell script which calls a Sybase stored procedure to do some functionality. I want to schedule the running of this script by crontab. I'm using Solaris 5.8. When i executed the following command crontab -l i got the output as crontab: can't open your crontab file How... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumesh.abraham
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab help

hi, I run a .sh file using crontab. I need to know the path of the file . Previously when I run the file alone , i used "pwd" but now when using crontab it gives the temp directory of the file. Is there any way I can find the absolute path of the file when i execute it ? Regards, Ranga (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_W213
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help regarding crontab

Dear All jobs are scheduled in crontab . To view this I use crontab -l . But suddenly today I am not able to see any jobs that is being scheduled in crontab. when I type crontab -l , I am seeing nothing.I am not logging through admin user(i dont have it).But I can schedule jobs through... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkbharani
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab

I have a crontab entry,but it is not working. Can anybody help me in this regard?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sourav_Paul
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at vs crontab

Hi, can someone explain the differences between using the at and crontab commands. When would you use one command over the other? TIA Dom (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: domburf69
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me with crontab

Hi, I am working with oracle, and want to make a scheduler program by using cron job.. I've done with shell script that calls oracle stored procedure. It works. However, when I call the script through crontab, it is failed. :( Here is the error message: Cron: The previous message... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmard
2 Replies
mailstats(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      mailstats(8)

NAME
mailstats - Displays statistics about mail traffic SYNOPSIS
mailstats [-o] [-C cffile [-f stfile] FLAGS
Do not display the name of the mailer in the output. Use cffile as the name of the sendmail "cf" file instead of /var/adm/sendmail/send- mail.cf. Use stfile as the input statistics file instead of /var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.st. DESCRIPTION
The mailstats command reads the information in the /var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.st file (or in the file specified with the -f flag), formats it, and writes it to standard output. Note also that you can change the location of the sendmail.st file by editing its pathname in the sendmail.cf file. EXAMPLES
The format of the information is shown in the following example, in which the first field (M) contains a number that indicates the position of that mailer in the sendmail.cf file, starting at 0 (zero). For example, the first mailer in the sendmail.cf file corresponds to the number 0 in the mailstats display, the second mailer corresponds to the number 1, and so on. Statistics from Thu Feb 17 11:20:01 2000 M msgsfr bytes_from msgsto bytes_to msgsrej msgsdis Mailer 1 50 77K 1 3K 0 0 local 6 43 59K 58 99K 0 0 smtp ============================================================ T 93 136K 59 102K 0 0 The fields in the report have the following meanings: Indicates the position of the mailer in the sendmail.cf file. Indicates the number of messages received by the local machine from the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of bytes in the messages received by the local machine from the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of messages sent from the local machine using the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of bytes in the messages sent from the local machine using the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of rejected messages. Indicates the number of discarded messages. Indicates the name of the mailer. If sendmail transmits mail directly to a file, such as the dead.letter file or an alias target, the message and byte counts are credited to the prog mailer, as defined in the sendmail.cf file. However, mailstats will still default to var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.st. FILES
Specifies the command path Contains system statistics Contains configuration information for sendmail RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: sendmail(8) delim off mailstats(8)