Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search files that all contain 4 specific words Post 302103822 by Ygor on Sunday 21st of January 2007 10:15:45 PM
Old 01-21-2007
Try...
Code:
find . -type f | xargs perl -0 -n -e 'print $ARGV."\n" if /word1/&&/word2/&&/word3/&&/word4/'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search all files for specific string

Hi Friends, How can I search all files in all slices on a unix system for a particular string within the file. e.g search string 'oracle' Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshy
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search files containing a specific word in the content

Hi all, Lets say I have 3 files a.txt and b.txt and c.txt. a.txt has the following text ==================== apple is good for health b.txt has the following text ==================== apple is pomme in french c.txt has the following text ==================== orange has citric acid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amjath78
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search File for Specific Words

I have a file that contains the following: Mon Dec 3 15:52:57 PST 2o007: FAILED TO PROCESSED FILE 200712030790881200.TXT - exit code=107 Tue Dec 4 09:08:57 PST 2007: FAILED TO PROCESSED FILE 200712030790879200a.TXT - exit code=107 This file also has a lot more stuff since it is a log file.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mevasquez
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search of common words in set of files

Hi, I have a set of simple, one columned text files (in thousands). file1: a b c d file 2: b c d e and so on. There is a collection of words in another file: b d b c d e I have to find out the set of words (in each row) is present or absent in the given set of files. So, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mala
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search files without a specific text

Hi all, I need UNIX command that would give me all files without the string "4R" anywhere in the file. I have about a hundred files in my directory, and I need to list all files wihtout the string "4R" anywhere. Can anyone help me please? Thank you.l (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: risk_sly
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to search for the words in the files

Hi Friends, I have been trying to write the script since morning and reached some where now. but i think i am stuck in the final step. please help I want to search the strings below in red in the be be searched in the directories below. How can i do that in my shell script. Thanks Adi ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a test file for specific words

I have the need to search a text file from my unix script to determine if it contains the strings of: 'ERROR' and/or 'WARNING'. By using Grep I can search the file and return a where one of these strings exists. Like this: cat myfile.txt | grep ERROR Output: PROCESS ERROR HERE ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: buechler66
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Non-root script used search and list specific key words

Hy there all. Im new here. Olso new to terminal & bash, but it seams that for me it's much easyer to undarsatnd scripts than an actual programming language as c or anyother languare for that matter. S-o here is one og my home works s-o to speak. Write a shell script which: -only works as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Crisso2Face
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search words in any quote position and then change the words

hi, i need to replace all words in any quote position and then need to change the words inside the file thousand of raw. textfile data : "Ninguno","Confirma","JuicioABC" "JuicioCOMP","Recurso","JuicioABC" "JuicioDELL","Nulidad","Nosino" "Solidade","JuicioEUR","Segundo" need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benjietambling
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Program to search for the files with specific format

Hi All, Your help on the below requirement is highly appreciated. I am building a program which should pick the file from a source directory and place them into target directory. While selecting the file in source it should look for some pattern in the file name. Ex: File Name 1:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath561989
10 Replies
ExtUtils::Command::MM(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				ExtUtils::Command::MM(3pm)

NAME
ExtUtils::Command::MM - Commands for the MM's to use in Makefiles SYNOPSIS
perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" -e "function" "--" arguments... DESCRIPTION
FOR INTERNAL USE ONLY! The interface is not stable. ExtUtils::Command::MM encapsulates code which would otherwise have to be done with large "one" liners. Any $(FOO) used in the examples are make variables, not Perl. test_harness test_harness($verbose, @test_libs); Runs the tests on @ARGV via Test::Harness passing through the $verbose flag. Any @test_libs will be unshifted onto the test's @INC. @test_libs are run in alphabetical order. pod2man pod2man( '--option=value', $podfile1 => $manpage1, $podfile2 => $manpage2, ... ); # or args on @ARGV pod2man() is a function performing most of the duties of the pod2man program. Its arguments are exactly the same as pod2man as of 5.8.0 with the addition of: --perm_rw octal permission to set the resulting manpage to And the removal of: --verbose/-v --help/-h If no arguments are given to pod2man it will read from @ARGV. If Pod::Man is unavailable, this function will warn and return undef. warn_if_old_packlist perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" -e warn_if_old_packlist <somefile> Displays a warning that an old packlist file was found. Reads the filename from @ARGV. perllocal_install perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" -e perllocal_install <type> <module name> <key> <value> ... # VMS only, key|value pairs come on STDIN perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" -e perllocal_install <type> <module name> < <key>|<value> ... Prints a fragment of POD suitable for appending to perllocal.pod. Arguments are read from @ARGV. 'type' is the type of what you're installing. Usually 'Module'. 'module name' is simply the name of your module. (Foo::Bar) Key/value pairs are extra information about the module. Fields include: installed into which directory your module was out into LINKTYPE dynamic or static linking VERSION module version number EXE_FILES any executables installed in a space seperated list uninstall perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" -e uninstall <packlist> A wrapper around ExtUtils::Install::uninstall(). Warns that uninstallation is deprecated and doesn't actually perform the uninstallation. perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 ExtUtils::Command::MM(3pm)