Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix OS Installer
Operating Systems Linux Gentoo Unix OS Installer Post 302103600 by Corona688 on Friday 19th of January 2007 11:20:03 AM
Old 01-19-2007
No, you don't. But their downloads probably won't do you much good without a well-configured cygwin setup or a linux install. Are you absolutely certain you need to learn C programming on your router? You've taken the absolute hardest way possible to accomplish this.

If you can't figure out which file to download without being spoon-fed, you certainly won't be able to install it or use it without being spoon-fed, and while I want to help you, I already have a career. Are you absolutely certain you need to learn C programming on your router? You've taken the absolute hardest way possible to accomplish this.

Last edited by Corona688; 01-19-2007 at 12:25 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create an installer

I have a software bundle for which I want to create an installer. One of the things I am also looking at, is to be able to install this straight from a CD or any external storage device. How do I go about creating one? This is for Linux. Any advice is welcome !! -- garric (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX installer??

hi i wanna ask that is there a software available for unix to install different files... e.g. when we install a file in windows the installation wizard runs and guides us through the process... if so plz tell... and guide thnx! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: umarbangash
5 Replies

3. Fedora

wubi installer for windows

hello.i need a soft like (wubi support ubuntu) to boot fedora or centos or freebsd.any answer ? Thank You. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d4rkm4nx99
2 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris installer

what is the name of the solaris installer? (for both x86 and sparc architecture) In linux it is "anaconda". (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingston
7 Replies

5. Solaris

OpenSolaris Installer error

Hi, Whenever i try to install OpenSolaris, I am getting the error "There was an error launching the application. Detail: Failed to fork child process (Not enough space)" I am using the image 2009.06. I have 512 mb ram and 100 gb hard drive with Red Hat and Windows Xp installed. Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krabu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xfce installer script

Xfce desktop installer script on Ubuntu for home, office or server computers. This script installs Xfce desktop and a set of programs according to user needs starting from an Ubuntu Server base system. It's valid for netbooks, notebooks, desktop computers and servers. For more information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cesar-rgon
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Yet another simple script installer

Heyas Just recently i tried to apply the GNU Autotools to my project, while it was possible, it took forever to know where to create which files and what to place in each of them. Dare you making a space rather than a tab! Inspired by GNU Autotools, and overhelmed by its functionality and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Installer issue

Hi, I have a little problem with an Installer. In my script I have a section that place a keyboard shortcut: #!/usr/bin/perl ################################################################################ # # Create Desktop shortcut for Swedish Menu Commands Document #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: peli
1 Replies
DH-EXEC-ILLITERATE(1)						      dh-exec						     DH-EXEC-ILLITERATE(1)

NAME
dh-exec-illiterate - Write literate debhelper config files! SYNOPSIS
#! /usr/bin/dh-exec --with=illiterate,subst,install Greetings, my dear reader, and welcome to the awesome world of literate programming! Today, we're going to explore how to write a debhelper install file in a literate manner. Trust me, it's going to be lots and lots of fun! So, what exactly are we trying to accomplish? We're going to try installing a file from `src/this-file' in the source tree, to a multi-arched path in the binary file. Lets say, to `/usr/lib/foo/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/'. Of course, ${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH} is a variable, and will be expanded later in the dh-exec pipeline. It'll be something like x86_64-linux-gnu. Furthermore, we want to install all files from the 'usr/lib' directory under debian/tmp. If we were writing an illiteral install file, we'd write this rule as: usr/lib But the above description is much easier to understand, isn't it? We're almost finished! One thing left to do, is to install a script named `rename-me', to `/usr/share/foo/new-name' - we renamed it in the process! DESCRIPTION
The dh-exec-illiterate sub-command, unlike the others, does not serve any particular case, except to serve as a warning to all, that things can be taken to an extreme, even with dh-exec. On the other hand, it is just like the other sub-commands in that it must not be called directly, but through dh-exec(1), which automatically runs all available sub-commands if run bare; or explicitly with dh-exec --with=illiterate. It is a program that will translate its input from pretty much free-form text into something that resembles an install file. At least, that's the only supported output format for now. Everything that's not recognised, will be ignored, and not printed. The recognised constructs are: `source' ... `destination' The first string between a backtick and a single quote will be treated as the source file, the next such string will be the destination. If the destination ends with a slash, dh-exec-illiterate will consider it a directory, otherwise it will output a construct that dh-exec-install can recognise as a rename operation. 'source' A string, without whitespace, between two single quotes is treated as a source, whose destination is unspecified, and is left up to dh_install(1) to figure out. ENVIRONMENT
DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR Indicates which directory the command-specific scripts should be sought for. If not specified, scripts will be searched for in /usr/share/dh-exec/. FILES
$DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR/dh-exec-illiterate-* The various scripts for the higher-level program. SEE ALSO
debhelper(1), dh-exec(1) AUTHOR
dh-exec-illiterate is copyright (C) 2011-2012 by Gergely Nagy <algernon@madhouse-project.org>. 2012-05-03 DH-EXEC-ILLITERATE(1)