Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Trying to Copy Files Changed Recently Post 302103579 by jim mcnamara on Friday 19th of January 2007 10:41:52 AM
Old 01-19-2007
Do you want to copy directories - it is not needed if they already exist....
Code:
find . -mtime -1 -type f |\
while read file 
do
     cp -p $file ../common
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod command for recently modified files

hello! is there a way for me to use the chmod command to change permissions for several files all at once -based on the fact that these files were all most recently modified TODAY ? I can't use a wildcard on their filenames because the filenames are varied. But I was hoping I could somehow do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: polka_friend
2 Replies

2. AIX

way to copy only changed files

Hello, we are going through a restructoring of file systems and will need to copy the contents of one file system to another box, then a few days later copy it again. Is there a way on the second copy to only copy files that have changed? Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuessh
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recently updated files

How do I find files those have been updated in the last 24 hours, sort them by size descending and then display the top of the long list? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find recently changed files

Hi, Can you guys tell me how do i find the most recently changed files, say an hour before, few hours before, a day before etc.... Thanks!!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu_shekar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

subtring and copy recently files and another folder

Hi I have the following files A320_ZONAL_v24_-_AMM_Suffix_jess_2011-05-31.xls Jun 10 17:21 A320_ZONAL_v24_-_AMM_Suffix_jess_.xls Nov 10 17:21 A320_ZONAL_v24_-_AMM_Suffix_jess_2011-03-31.xls Nov 23 20:21 And I need only the more recent one using UNIX timestamp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeiregh
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete the older files other than the recently added 5 files

Number of files will get created in a folder automatically daily.. so i hav to delete the older files other than the recently added 5 files.. Could u help me through this..?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to archive old files from the recently added 10 files?

Hi there, I am very new to unix and having trouble with a fairly simple statement: cd /user ls -t -c1 | sed -ne '11,$p' | mv xargs archive/ What I want the code to do is sort all files in a directory by timestamp, select all of the files after the 10th file, and then move those files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DSIReady
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy and modify a file if the original has changed

Hi there, I have built up my own little "cloud" for my family as the amount of computers grows all day. By now we use 3 smartphones, 2 notebooks und 4 PCs, so this "home cloud" was made to store all personal data (photos, documents,...) and do a backup once in a while. It is running on a Ubuntu... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SebSnake
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from one drive to another, keeping most recently modified files

Hi all, I am a bit of a beginner with shell scripting.. What I want to do is merge two drives, for example moving all data from X to Y. If a file in X doesn't exist in Y, it will be moved there. If a file in X also exists in Y, the most recently modified file will be moved to (or kept) in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apocolapse
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy the two most recently added files to another directory - HP-UX?

Hello, I am attempting to find and copy the two most recently added files to a specific directory, that fit a specific format. I was able to find the command to list the two most recently added files in directory: ls -1t | head -n 2 The command lists the two files names in a vertical list,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattkoz
11 Replies
libssh2_scp_send64(3)						  libssh2 manual					     libssh2_scp_send64(3)

NAME
libssh2_scp_send64 - Send a file via SCP SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> LIBSSH2_CHANNEL * libssh2_scp_send64(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, const char *path, int mode, libssh2_uint64_t size, time_t mtime, time_t atime); DESCRIPTION
session - Session instance as returned by libssh2_session_init_ex(3) path - Full path and filename of file to transfer to. That is the remote file name. mode - File access mode to create file with size - Size of file being transmitted (Must be known ahead of time). Note that this needs to be passed on as variable type lib- ssh2_uint64_t. This type is 64 bit on modern operating systems and compilers. mtime - mtime to assign to file being created atime - atime to assign to file being created (Set this and mtime to zero to instruct remote host to use current time). Send a file to the remote host via SCP. RETURN VALUE
Pointer to a newly allocated LIBSSH2_CHANNEL instance, or NULL on errors. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SCP_PROTOCOL - LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN - Marked for non-blocking I/O but the call would block. AVAILABILITY
This function was added in libssh2 1.2.6 and is meant to replace the former libssh2_scp_send_ex(3) function. SEE ALSO
libssh2_channel_open_ex(3) libssh2 1.2.6 17 Apr 2010 libssh2_scp_send64(3)