Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep and delete 2nd duplicated of txt... -part2 Post 302103500 by happyv on Friday 19th of January 2007 01:55:27 AM
Old 01-19-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krrishv
chechout this script

#! /usr/bin/bash
cat $1|sort -c
if [ $? -eq 1 ]; then
sort -u $1|tee $1
else
echo "Already sorted"
fi

let me know if you have any questions. $1 is your input filename
thank you for the script..however, I cannot sort the txt file..because of all the word in the text file of order..should not be change. You can see my exmaple at the top of the post. I only need to delete specify (such as orange) word of 2nd duplicated and nothing change with other...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

sftp not get txt file 2nd time

I use sftp batch script to copy file from a remote server to local machine. Problem is when I rerun this shell after copying txt file it do not allow me to copy txt file again. My question is , is this confrigration problem of remote server. beace same shell work fie with the other remote... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jamil Qadir
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to read x.txt and grep from y.txt

How would I write a command(s) to read from a file (list) that looks like this: 29847374384 and grep from a second file (list) that looks like this: 29847374384, jkdfkjdf,3833,ddd:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smellylizzard
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete duplicated characters in each line

I'm a biologist trying to analyse some data and I'll appreciate some help with the following problem. I have a column of characters which I'll like to delete the duplicated characters in each line and report only the unique one.No sorting should be done. E.g. The original data: GTG CTC CTC... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivpz
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete first and second lines from .txt

Hi, I have to programming a program in shell script which combine a lot of .txt files. But in all of these files the program had to delete the first both lines. Because I don't know anything about shell script I need your help. Does anyone have a command or a hint, where I can look for? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkrol
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Delete first both lines from .txt

Hi, I have to programming a program in shell script which combine a lot of .txt files. But in all of these files the program had to delete the first both lines. Because I don't know anything about shell script I need your help. Does anyone have a command or a hint, where I can look for? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkrol
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If then else for decimal numbers part2

Hi, I have a small problem with my script. I have everything in order but it doesnt seem to compare anything less than 1 correctly. If the input is more than 1, then the results is correct. If the input is 0.xxx (anything) it returns erroneous results. Pls help input=0.12 if ; then ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: streddy
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete file2.txt from file1.txt using scripting

Hi, I`m a total newbie, well my requirement is that i have 2 files I want to identify which countries i do not currently have in db.. how can i use the grep or another command to find this file .. i want to match all-countries.txt with countries-in-db.txt so the output is equal to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: beanbaby
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete duplicated fields in a line

Hi, I have files with this kind of format (separator is space): A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1 D1 C1 G1 H1 A2 B2 C2 D2 E2 F2 D2 C2 G2 H2 A3 B3 C3 D3 E3 F3 G3 D3 C3 H3 A4 B4 C4 D4 E4 F4 G4 D4 C4 H4 I want the output to be: A1 B1 E1 F1 G1 H1 A2 B2 E2 F2 G2 H2 A3 B3 E3 F3 G3 H3 A4 B4 E4 F4 G4... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gr4wk
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files in a txt file

Hi, I have very old files in my server like from 2012 and i want to delete them, Please help. Thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanz143
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete 'duplicated' column values and make a delimited file too?

Hi, I have the following output from an Oracle SQL statement and I want to remove duplicated column values. I know it is possible using Oracle analytical/statistical functions but unfortunately I don't know how to use any of those. So now, I've gone to PLAN B using awk/sed maybe or any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies
secolor.conf(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   secolor.conf(8)

NAME
secolor.conf - The SELinux color configuration file DESCRIPTION
The /etc/selinux/{SELINUXTYPE}/secolor.conf configuation file controls the color to be associated to the context components associated to the raw context passed by selinux_raw_context_to_color(3), when context related information is to be displayed in color by an SELinux-aware application. selinux_raw_context_to_color(3) obtains this color information from the active policy secolor.conf file as returned by selinux_col- ors_path(3). FILE FORMAT
The file format is as follows: color color_name = #color_mask [...] context_component string = fg_color_name bg_color_name [...] Where: color The color keyword. Each color entry is on a new line. color_name A single word name for the color (e.g. red). color_mask A color mask starting with a hash (#) that describes the hexadecimal RGB colors with black being #000000 and white being #ffffff. context_component The context component name that must be one of the following: user, role, type or range Each context_component string ... entry is on a new line. string This is the context_component string that will be matched with the raw context component passed by selinux_raw_context_to_color(3). A wildcard '*' may be used to match any undefined string for the user, role and type context_component entries only. fg_color_name The color_name string that will be used as the foreground color. A color_mask may also be used. bg_color_name The color_name string that will be used as the background color. A color_mask may also be used. EXAMPLES
Example 1 entries are: color black = #000000 color green = #008000 color yellow = #ffff00 color blue = #0000ff color white = #ffffff color red = #ff0000 color orange = #ffa500 color tan = #D2B48C user * = black white role * = white black type * = tan orange range s0-s0:c0.c1023 = black green range s1-s1:c0.c1023 = white green range s3-s3:c0.c1023 = black tan range s5-s5:c0.c1023 = white blue range s7-s7:c0.c1023 = black red range s9-s9:c0.c1023 = black orange range s15:c0.c1023 = black yellow Example 2 entries are: color black = #000000 color green = #008000 color yellow = #ffff00 color blue = #0000ff color white = #ffffff color red = #ff0000 color orange = #ffa500 color tan = #d2b48c user unconfined_u = #ff0000 green role unconfined_r = red #ffffff type unconfined_t = red orange user user_u = black green role user_r = white black type user_t = tan red user xguest_u = black yellow role xguest_r = black red type xguest_t = black green user sysadm_u = white black range s0:c0.c1023 = black white user * = black white role * = black white type * = black white SEE ALSO
mcstransd(8), selinux_raw_context_to_color(3), selinux_colors_path(3) SELinux API documentation 08 April 2011 secolor.conf(8)