Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find matching lines between 2 files Post 302103448 by jojojmac5 on Thursday 18th of January 2007 12:06:32 PM
Old 01-18-2007
I got the comm to work. I used the man comm to find out -12. Thanks a bunch!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two files and to remove the matching lines on both the files

I have two files and need to compare the two files and to remove the matching lines from both the files (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl XML, find matching condition and grep lines and put the lines somewhere else

Hi, my xml files looks something like this <Instance Name="New York"> <Description></Description> <Instance Name="A"> <Description></Description> <PropertyValue Key="false" Name="Building A" /> </Instance> <Instance Name="B"> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the position of lines matching string

I have a file with the below format, GS*8***** ST*1******** A* B* E* RMR*123455(This is the unique number to locate this row) F* SE*1*** GE** GS*9***** ST*2 H* J* RMR*567889(This is the unique number to locate this row) L* SE* GE***** (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthuraj K
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Look up between 2 files and print matching lines

Hi, I have 2 large log files in .gz format file 1 contains abcde 12345 23456 . . . . . . . . 09123 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindj80
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Based on column in file1, find match in file2 and print matching lines

file1: file2: I need to find matches for any lines in file1 that appear in file2. Desired output is '>' plus the file1 term, followed by the line after the match in file2 (so the title is a little misleading): This is honestly beyond what I can do without spending the whole night on it, so I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep to find lines matching given patern in a file

When I try with patern matching in a file with below code works cat scj_drive_commands | egrep '/app/oracle/build_lib/pkg32|/app/oracle/build_lib/pkg33' But when I have code with patern searching using of below does not work ! cat scj_drive_commands | egrep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating 2 lines from 2 files having matching strings

Hello All Unix Users, I am still new to Unix, however I am eager to learn it.. I have 2 files, some lines have some matching substrings, I would like to concatenate these lines into one lines, leaving other untouched. Here below is an example for that.. File 1 (fasta file): >292183... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohamed EL Hadi
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FIND matching pattern of lines in a file

I need to search for two patterns in a file and find number of matching lines. find . -type f | xargs grep "DROP TABLE" | wc -l find . -type f | xargs grep "DROP SYNONYM" | wc -l The above code works. However I am looking at finding a commnd that will simplify as on a singe command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find Search - Find files not matching a pattern

Hello all, this is my first and probably not my last question around here. I do hope you can help or at least point me in the right direction. My question is as follows, I need to find files and possible folders which are not owner = AAA group = BBB with a said location and all sub folders ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kilobyter
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and count number of matching lines

Dear All, I would like to compare two files and return the number of matches found. Example File A Lx2 L1_Mus1 L1Md_T Lx5 L1M2 L1_Mus3 Lx3_Mus Lx9 Lx2A L1Md_A L1Md_F2 File B L1_Mus3 L1_Mus3 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paolo.kunder
3 Replies
deleg_method(n) 					       Interpreter utilities						   deleg_method(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
deleg_method - Creation of comm delegates (snit methods) SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.3 package require snit ?1.1? package require interp::delegate::method ?0.2? ::interp::delegate::method ?-async? name arguments comm id _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a single command for use within snit type definition (i.e. actually a snit::macro) for the convenient creation of methods which delegate the actual work to a remote location via a "channel" created by the package comm. API
::interp::delegate::method ?-async? name arguments comm id This commands creates a method which is named by name. All invokations of this method will delegate the actual work to the remote location identified by the comm channel comm and the endpoint id. The name of the remote method invoked by the delegator is identical to the name of the method itself. Normally the generated method marshalls the arguments, and returns the result from the remote method as its own result. If however the option -async was specified then the generated method will not wait for a result and return immediately. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category interp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
comm, delegation, interpreter, method, snit COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> interp 0.2 deleg_method(n)